Texas Hunting Forum

She's kept me busy

Posted By: Featherduster

She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 06:19 PM

Aside from everything else, this little girl takes a lot of my time now.

She just turned 4 months old a few days back.

She is coming along very well and has been a blast to train.

Her first retrieve in the water was at 7 weeks old.

We are working on "heel" and doubles now.

Don't think I will guide with her this season, but she will surely go on fun hunts.

Honey is her name.

Posted By: TooLow

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 06:25 PM

Good looking pup there!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 06:37 PM

Looking good
Posted By: Jobst

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 06:40 PM

Beauty.

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 06:47 PM

Our new pup had some issues in the beginning but is coming a long. We are going to work with her this year with dove hunting.

Darn thing is....get this..... she won't retrieve for me. Will follow all my obedience commands on lead etc. She only takes retrieving commands from my wife, eek2
She has some issue with me on retrieving. i have no idea. Guess i have to get another duck dog for me. Lol.

Anyway so I am teaching my wife how to train her. They are both coming along. Will def be next year she is ready but this year we'll just take it slow. (btw she's handicap so that is prob why she grew more of a bond with my wife cause she was home all the time with her) Awesome pup just weird. lol. I miss mine that passed last year she was a great retriever. frown
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 06:52 PM

Jobst how old is the pup?

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Featherduster
Jobst how old is the pup?

Almost a year. I know she should be further along but we had to take time to teach simple things. She is getting better though now she is bigger.

We took a chance on her cause we volunteer for DFW golden rescue and she needed a good home. Like I said she'll be my wifes hunting dog, lol. Our cats will pass away soon so that will be my turn, lol.
She is great with being gun shy. Couldn't care less and you can shoot right over her head. So that is a really good thing. The other stuff I can eventually teach.
Posted By: Western

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 07:56 PM

Never had a trained hunting dog and only hunted around them twice (Pheasant and it was fun the 2nd time) have had allot of dogs though and that girl is a cute as they come.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 10:13 PM

Boy she is cute!!
Posted By: kdub

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/29/14 10:20 PM

Nice pup!

Posted By: MBraun

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/30/14 01:29 AM

She's pretty
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/30/14 01:30 AM

looking good
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/30/14 07:00 AM

up
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/30/14 12:35 PM

Nice I have a 4month and 2 week old black, she's been a handful to say the least. But she loves to "retrieve" and by retrieve I mean collect anything not bolted down, rocks in the back yard especially. She finds em fetches em and piles em up. Good trash girl too if it's on the ground you can bet she's going to fetch it and haul it around in her mouth. Here she is with some goose size lumber

Posted By: brucedonnovan

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/30/14 12:54 PM

[/quote]

Great looking pup there. Looks stout.
Posted By: Adam O

Re: She's kept me busy - 08/30/14 01:49 PM

Love dem puppies
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum