Texas Hunting Forum

Guy...

Posted By: Fooshman

Guy... - 08/03/14 04:02 AM

I saw your ad for a jon boat.

You going a different route on the mud boat?
Posted By: Guy

Re: Guy... - 08/03/14 04:31 AM

No, Im still looking for a used big rig as well if I find the right deal, but I'm not seeing any more used boats I'm interested in coming on the market. I suspect I will not see a lot of new boats hit the market till after duck season, so I'm already thinking plan B for this coming season. Remember the post below? If I don't have a big rig, I would like to have my 10 ft momarsh, and 14ft jon boat as another option I can put my stump jumper on and use my same trailer.. I'm hoping to find a cheap jon boat for $300. grin

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4847252/1
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Guy... - 08/04/14 11:28 PM

Guy looking at selling my G Trax. 1750 IntimiGator with 2012 Mud Buddy HD7000..trailer included. She has has slept in the garage every night. Give me a shout if you are interested.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Guy... - 08/04/14 11:46 PM

He has went for a spin in mine, I know he wants this rig Homey.
Sweet rig I am sure.

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 01:16 AM

That's a lot more motor than I wanted, but what the heck!!

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy

Have yet to have one customer call me up after they ran their new rig and told me they wished they got a less powerful motor roflmao Especially a 5500 Mag or 7000

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 03:26 AM

Guy,
Just buy the boat and I will be kind enough and swap motors with you if your scared.

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: mohunter
Guy,
Just buy the boat and I will be kind enough and swap motors with you if your scared.

Ha ha, funny I was thinking the same thing about swapping motors with you, not because I'm skart tho but because I want to save a few bucks...

I was just wanting a stock, quite, 35hp mudbuddy.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 01:05 PM

Guy,

Ha ha, funny I was thinking the same thing about swapping motors with you, not because I'm skart tho but because I want to save a few bucks...

Guy buy the dang boat! We need some new options this year.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 01:09 PM

never met anyone that wanted a smaller motor, and if your looking for quite you should look at an outboard

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
never met anyone that wanted a smaller motor, and if your looking for quite you should look at an outboard

Outboard, you are kidding, right? 35hp stock is not loud.

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 02:27 PM

If you get the bigger motor you won't need the nitrous that you were talking about.

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 03:26 PM

mine was a stock 35hp and you know how loud it was

Re: Guy... - 08/05/14 10:26 PM

mine was a stock 35hp and you know how loud it was

Your boat sounded like it had a hole in the muffler. grin

Did you have dual exhaust on that boat? You probably don't remember. I rode in Mo's boat, it was not loud at all.

But really the noise is a small part of it, it is more about being economical, most buy 35hp motors because they are cheaper than the high-performance motors, and they get the job done, and that is my reasoning as well. But I'm still interested in Homey's boat.

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
Guy,

I guess you don't like my death march walk-in hunts, that's hurtful...

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 03:03 AM

Guy,

That is part of the reason of my getting a boat. That and pushing a boat that's not exactly made for shallow water for what seemed like forever on the rare ocassion we could talk the boat owner into going.

I'm getting lazier. blush

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 11:57 AM

I was just wanting a stock, quite, 35hp mudbuddy. [/quote]

Guy buy the dang boat! We need some new options this year. [/quote]
I guess you don't like my death march walk-in hunts, that's hurtful... [/quote]

If the lakes stay low those death marches will not be over by having the boat but they should be a lot shorter. I know I made several death marches thru the mud last year.

That is part of the reason of my getting a boat. That and pushing a boat that's not exactly made for shallow water for what seemed like forever on the rare ocassion we could talk the boat owner into going.

I'm getting lazier. blush [/quote]

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 11:58 AM

If the lakes stay low those death marches will not be over by having the boat, they will just be a little shorter.

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 01:11 PM

Guy,

I figure I have a few left in me. hammer

Garrett knows about a death march one fine morning.

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 03:28 PM

I will never hunt that crap hole again hammer

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 07:35 PM

I will never hunt that crap hole again hammer

We'd be fine in Guy's new boat. lizard

Re: Guy... - 08/06/14 11:30 PM

If the lakes stay low those death marches will not be over by having the boat, they will just be a little shorter.

I should be good where I usually hunt. That and now I can go/get to a lot of new places.

Re: Guy... - 08/09/14 07:50 PM

Here ya go Guy, or anyone else interested in my rig. Found the hinge weld for center bench cracked all the way ( will need to be re-welded) and the running lights are now not working. Don't know why but I ain't messing with it. Reduced boat to $13,500 for anyone interested but not a nickel less. Motor alone is $11k and it is in excellent condition with only 69 hours and 34 minutes on it. Brand new this rig is over $21K. Here's some pics I took of it this morning.

http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/homeydaclown1/slideshow/boat%20pics%208-9-2014

Re: Guy... - 08/09/14 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown
Here ya go Guy, or anyone else interested in my rig. Found the hinge weld for center bench cracked all the way ( will need to be re-welded) and the running lights are now not working. Don't know why but I ain't messing with it. Reduced boat to $13,500 for anyone interested but not a nickel less.

You won't come off just a nickel? grin

Re: Guy... - 08/09/14 11:19 PM

What's the story on that fender?

Re: Guy... - 08/09/14 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman

That should worth a nickel off at least.

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 12:32 AM

That should worth a nickel off at least.

Hell I'm in a good mood make it a dime roflmao

story is that fender picked a fight with a metal post outside a Whataburger th e first week I had it...it lost. lol

Just a fender. .didn't matter to me. Took the new shine off. Gave the rig a little bar room character boxing roflmao
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 03:55 PM

Dang that is a nice boat Homey

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 03:57 PM

I don't think you could pull it with your station wagon
Posted By: 1 Year Wonder

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 04:14 PM

........Anyone in the market for a boat is a numbnutts for not jumping on this deal. I'm surprised it wasn't sold first day.

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 04:37 PM

Funny a year ago when I started looking for a boat Homey was one of the first ones I talked to, I was real close to buying a new boat just like his but with a stock 35, but rather than put the hard sell on me, he told me to think about more, and I did. I took a year, talked to a ton people along the way, been on the fence considering all kinds of boats, I have come full circle getting this one.

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 07:43 PM

So you bought it?

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 08:03 PM

The transaction has not been completed yet. But it will.

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 08:30 PM

Cool. Congrats.

Now fix that fender. grin

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 09:38 PM

I'll never fix the fender. But I will need to fix the running lights and do some re-weled work on the center bench... He said he might come off another dime because of all that...

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 11:10 PM

When you picking it up?

Re: Guy... - 08/10/14 11:44 PM

When you picking it up?

Its looking like next weekend, I'm trying to squeeze into his schedule, he is a very busy man you know.
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 12:06 AM

Guy... You know I'm in the dfw area now and I sold my boat a couple of months ago frown ... Need a huntin buddy? laugh

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: FowlDreams
Guy... You know I'm in the dfw area now and I sold my boat a couple of months ago frown ... Need a huntin buddy? laugh

I thought you selling to upgrade to a new boat?

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 02:50 AM

Yeah. Eventually... But unfortunately probably not until next season.

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 03:29 AM

My lease I got for friends I can get you out on, public I pretty much go solo or with my kid and one other guy I known for 35 years....

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 03:41 AM

My lease I got for friends I can get you out on, public I pretty much go solo or with my kid and one other guy I known for 35 years....

Few exceptions but not many. grin

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 12:17 PM

Hmmmm.... bolt

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 01:28 PM

That's how I been hunting public for the last 10 years Mo. Last 2 years I have hunted public 52 days, 35 were solo, the other my son or my one other hunting buddy. I have hunted public with others on this forum, but it's a rarity.

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 02:28 PM

That's how I been hunting public for the last 10 years Mo. Last 2 years I have hunted public 52 days, 35 were solo, the other my son or my one other hunting buddy. I have hunted public with others on this forum, but it's a rarity.

Same here and very smart. Be carefull with that line of thinking on this forum though, some may think your a little paranoid, haha. banana

If we run into each other now we will know it, before we would have never known. Looking forward to it this season, just got another mudrig to have to worry about now.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 02:45 PM

I have hunted public with others on this forum, but it's a rarity.

I take the hunter's code so seriously I haven't even been back to that lake... smile

Well, I did to fish, that doesn't count, does it?

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper

I take the hunter's code so seriously I haven't even been back to that lake... smile

Good deal, that's the way it's supposed to be.

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 03:02 PM

You hunt that lake all you want, I don't believe in that. If I take anyone hunting public, I expect they will hunt that lake. Don't ever take me hunting public and expect me not to hunt that lake, I would rather not go. There are not many lakes I have not hunted already, and the ones I have not hunted I plan to hunt. No way I'm going to not hunt a lake just because someone else took me there, again I would rather not go.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 03:06 PM

You hunt that lake all you want, I don't believe in that. If I take anyone hunting public, I expect they will hunt that lake. Don't ever take me hunting public and expect me not to hunt that lake, I would rather not go. There are not many lakes I have not hunted already, and the ones I have not hunted I plan to hunt. No way I'm going to not hunt a lake just because someone else took me there, again I would rather not go.

Yeah I'm kinda messin' around. I wouldn't hunt a SPOT or area without whoever showed me, but the entire lake is overkill. But I really haven't been back, I have lots of places I know well. I couldn't even tell ya within 5 miles where we were anyway.

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 09:06 PM

I was just kidding unless you want some company lol. Got a little girl due any day now, so I'm not sure how much I'll be getting out this season anyways.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 09:44 PM

Yeah I'm kinda messin' around. I wouldn't hunt a SPOT or area without whoever showed me, but the entire lake is overkill. But I really haven't been back, I have lots of places I know well. I couldn't even tell ya within 5 miles where we were anyway.

That is a dilemma sometimes. When you've been hunting the local lakes for over 30 years, then someone takes you hunting locally, the odds are great that I have hunted where they took me long before they ever hunted it. And if I haven't, it is even greater odds I have scouted it a few times. "I been everywhere man".

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 10:08 PM

Well Homey gave me another option, I can put a brand new stock 35hp on there, 2 year warrantee, and I'll save $2k. So I went for this instead. As tempting as it was to get that bad arse motor (it would have been fun to beat Mohunter in a race), I really do not need all that motor. This really works out just what I wanted from the beginning, an older gatortrax and a brand new stock 35hp.

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 10:25 PM

In the end it all worked out for ya. Glad my rig is going to someone that will use it often. For the load you run a stock 35 will be plenty of power. If you feel down the road you need a bit more we can throw a carb/pipe/heads on it to get you more hp and torque. Your 35 CDI has been ordered and I'll holla when it arrives to mount/rig it for ya. congrats..you are one step closer to the backwaters yingyang
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 10:50 PM

Put some training wheels on that thing for him before you cut him loose HC! smile

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 11:07 PM

That's pretty cool. What's going to happen to the 7000?

Speaking of that: Where do they come up with all the numbers on the motors? Are they all hp ratings?...

Just saw this..

Have yet to have one customer call me up after they ran their new rig and told me they wished they got a less powerful motor roflmao Especially a 5500 Mag or 7000

Aren't you getting a smaller motor for your new boat in the 5500?

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 11:13 PM

He has driven mine and I have the same setup, he already knows what to expect, no training time needed for Guy, just needs to grab the throttle and hold on.
Enjoy the rig. I expect to see a few posts from you about lights, gps, and other accessories now.

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho
Put some training wheels on that thing for him before you cut him loose HC! smile

I woulda had he took the 7000 with it grin

Re: Guy... - 08/11/14 11:56 PM

That's pretty cool. What's going to happen to the 7000?

Speaking of that: Where do they come up with all the numbers on the motors? Are they all hp ratings?...

Just saw this..

Aren't you getting a smaller motor for your new boat in the 5500?

I wouldn't say smaller..same internals, just a carb less. Prolly talking a hp or 2. The 7's have decent bottom end, great midrange and run fastest on top. The 55's have the best bottom end, excellent mid range but give up a mph or 2 on top. I ain't about speed..I need a$$ on the bottom end. Sometimes my clients are hogmolly's and the 7 will get us up but the 55 will do it quicker. Once rolling out the 7 will be faster, but not by much.

Re: Guy... - 08/12/14 04:48 AM

If there is only a different of a few horses where do they come up with the random numbers they call them?

Re: Guy... - 08/12/14 12:31 PM

The 7's have decent bottom end, great midrange and run fastest on top. The 55's have the best bottom end, excellent mid range but give up a mph or 2 on top. I ain't about speed..I need a$$ on the bottom end. Sometimes my clients are hogmolly's and the 7 will get us up but the 55 will do it quicker. Once rolling out the 7 will be faster, but not by much.

And that's why the 7 was not the best fit for me, I'm not a guide shuttling a boat load of hogmollys around. 60% of the time it will be just me and my 70 pound molly grin . The 7 would have been fun, and if Homey did not have someone else interested in his motor I would have bought it and the kid side of me would have had a blast with it. But the conservative, practical side of me was telling me to get the band new 35. The longevity and cost of the 35hp is better, and will get me anywhere the 7 will. Thanks Homey for right sizing the boat for me. up

Re: Guy... - 08/12/14 01:46 PM

And it will take a death march to beat him to his spot. eek2

Re: Guy... - 08/16/14 05:08 PM

The 7's have decent bottom end, great midrange and run fastest on top. The 55's have the best bottom end, excellent mid range but give up a mph or 2 on top. I ain't about speed..I need a$$ on the bottom end. Sometimes my clients are hogmolly's and the 7 will get us up but the 55 will do it quicker. Once rolling out the 7 will be faster, but not by much.

And that's why the 7 was not the best fit for me, I'm not a guide shuttling a boat load of hogmollys around. 60% of the time it will be just me and my 70 pound molly grin . The 7 would have been fun, and if Homey did not have someone else interested in his motor I would have bought it and the kid side of me would have had a blast with it. But the conservative, practical side of me was telling me to get the band new 35. The longevity and cost of the 35hp is better, and will get me anywhere the 7 will. Thanks Homey for right sizing the boat for me. up

You need the 55

Signed,

X Hogmolly

Re: Guy... - 08/16/14 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ndhunter

You need the 55

Signed,

X Hogmolly

It's too late, I can't change my mind any more, 35hp it is. I can take one hogmolly, just not a boat load of hogmollys. grin

As I was pulling off with Homey's boat today, I thought he was gonna get all misty eye'd on me. eek2 grin

Re: Guy... - 08/16/14 08:19 PM

Probably some memorable hunts in the boat

Re: Guy... - 08/16/14 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ndhunter
Probably some memorable hunts in the boat

Granted alotta blood was spilled on that boat over the years and yes many great hunts with friends and clients I guide were a part of the memories. But mostly it was the boat my girls first took a ride on the water in. The boat they caught their first fish in and the boat they went on their first duck hunts in. But, Homey needs a new sled and we'll just have to make more memories together in that one. Guy will enjoy. She's a good boat and a duck magnet.

Re: Guy... - 08/16/14 10:39 PM

As I was pulling off with Homey's boat today, I thought he was gonna get all misty eye'd on me. eek2 grin

Understandable.

Your new motor came in already?

Re: Guy... - 08/16/14 10:46 PM

No, early September. I'm in no rush....

Re: Guy... - 08/17/14 02:31 AM

Ah. I was thinking "dang, that was fast!" lol

Get a paddle and take her out. wink

Re: Guy... - 08/17/14 03:34 PM

Ah. I was thinking "dang, that was fast!" lol

Get a paddle and take her out. wink

I could throw my 7 hp Stumpjumper on there. grin
Posted By: chilled shot

Re: Guy... - 08/20/14 04:38 AM

Those rigs will flat out get it done, especially in the hands of an experienced captain. I'm not but duckin partner is and his time on the stick shows when running the nasty.
We have been to where you picked up our hats by boat in better years and that was a long ride but worth the rewards. He runs a gatortrax as well and his mudbuddy started life as a 35 but has since morfed into something much bigger. Sounds like my Harley when he fires it up lol.
Congrats on your purchase. When you get that 35 hung on the back you'll be set to train for your pilots license lol. Enjoy the ride Guy.
Posted By: Muddyfoot

Re: Guy... - 08/20/14 08:35 PM

Congrats Guy. I remember all the years and talk about you not getting a big boat but after you use it and feel as comfortable with your boy in that rig on hard days getting to and fro, you will be very happy about making the switch. just ride the banks on windy days and you will be fine.Ill see you on the water!

Re: Guy... - 08/21/14 01:38 AM

Muddyfoot I been wanting a big rig for a long, just never had a place to keep one till last summer, then it took me a year to figure out what I want, and to find what I want. I got that momarsh and stumpjumper last summer because I was just not sure what big rig I wanted, but I always wanted a layout boat like that, so what the heck I got one. Now I got 2 boats, and I'm glad I never got a 14 ft johnboat or I would have 3 boats. eek2 grin
Posted By: Streater

Re: Guy... - 08/21/14 04:47 AM

[quote=Guy]I have hunted public with others on this forum, but it's a rarity.

You hunt that lake all you want, I don't believe in that. If I take anyone hunting public, I expect they will hunt that lake. Don't ever take me hunting public and expect me not to hunt that lake, I would rather not go. There are not many lakes I have not hunted already, and the ones I have not hunted I plan to hunt. No way I'm going to not hunt a lake just because someone else took me there, again I would rather not go. [/quote

Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't need to put myself in a situation that could possibly, down the road, involve me in some drunkin rant about how public isn't really public if you hunt my spot. I follow the birds. More than likely, I've hunted your spot in the past, so it's not like you'd be entrusting me with any secret meat hole. Somehow, though, I'd be that guy that you took out, that now shoots up your secret spot 4 days a week. Ain't worth it.

Re: Guy... - 08/21/14 03:10 PM

there aren't any "secret" holes left....maybe a few that only a handful of folks know about but none that have never been found already. TerraServer back in the late 90's was the beginning of the end and Giggle Erf every other kind of sat imagery that has popped up on the web since 2000 has ruined many a good hard to find areas. I almost wish it never happened. Back yen, if you didn't have the drive to "keep going" deeper into that field or thru those next 2 treelines to see what was what, either by boat or foot, guess what? You never found shat! I still have a couple areas that myself and 2 others know of that have never seen another hunter. I know this cuz it is only huntable when the water is right and it takes rain in the right area and only stays up a couple days and on those days u can bet yo a$$ I'm in there. Been this way for 20 years. Wish I could hunt it more than once or twice ( if I'm lucky) a season but that's what keeps it so good. Haven't been in there in 3 years due to drought. I ain't mad about it though, I just keep waiting for the rain to fall in the little ol' watershed I need it to. When it does my puter has 2 windows open...wx radar and USGS levels. When it hits my majic number there will be carnage there the following morning. yingyang

Re: Guy... - 08/21/14 07:24 PM

The "Don't tell anyone where I take you hunting" bit is for newbies and mooches that don't like to scout.

Guys that enjoy scouting and finding their own as opposed to just pulling the trigger, it should not be an issue. If a spot is that sacred to me, I do not take anyone there. If I do take you (very rare), and you hunt it, that will not piss me off, especially if you hunt it by yourself or with your kids, or even with "a" hunting buddy that you hunt with all the time. What pisses me off are blabber mouths. Guys that hunt with a "group" of hunters, where hunting is a social event, need to be careful about taking these types to good public spots. Social hunting, I try to keep that to private land.

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 02:34 AM

Did you get a motor on your boat yet?

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 02:38 AM

Not yet, motor ships next week, boat in the shop now getting rewired...

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 02:44 AM

I bet your getting pretty excited

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 05:51 AM

How's the lid?

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 01:56 PM

How's the lid?

The are going to do it all...Terry Brown.

http://www.brownsboatrepair.com/rigging.html

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 11:04 PM

How's the lid?

The are going to do it all...Terry Brown.

http://www.brownsboatrepair.com/rigging.html

Cool. They don't have a flooring option that will work for you?

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 11:07 PM

Flooring is fine on gatortrax.
Posted By: udamdan

Re: Guy... - 09/07/14 11:16 PM

I saw your ad for a jon boat.

You going a different route on the mud boat?

popcorn

Re: Guy... - 09/08/14 12:14 AM

Flooring is fine on gatortrax.

Ask them if they have an option for the other.

Re: Guy... - 09/19/14 08:21 PM

You gonna post up pics of the new motor on the new to you boat?

Re: Guy... - 09/19/14 10:20 PM

Motor not here yet, looking like next weekend before I can get it installed...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum