Texas Hunting Forum

Go pro advice?

Posted By: Hunt1253 teachmetohunt

Go pro advice? - 06/27/14 11:26 PM

Im going to buy one tomorrow. Any advice?

I don't want to break the bank but i don't want the ones that gives that fish eye effect.
Posted By: Duck Buster

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/28/14 12:34 AM

Get the go pro 3 hd. Extra $100 than the others, but quality and user interface is much better. Wifi capable and can sync to your phone- means you can set it up, and see what it sees on your phone. Takes all the guessing out of it.
Posted By: NTXDuckHunts

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/28/14 12:51 AM

Without getting into too much gibberish.. That model has 3 settings S-wide,wide and medium this cut the fish eye out..BUT watch others clips anything outside of 25to 30 yds will be too small to see when you view it..You will know what's being shot but no one else will see the subject without looking twice at it..especially early morning
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/28/14 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Hunt1253 teachmetohunt

I don't want to break the bank but i don't want the ones that gives that fish eye effect.

Buy the stock instead. the IPO went from $23 to $35 in the last 2 days making the owner with his 49% stake worth 2 .4 billion richer overnite

Crazy shiat
Posted By: Boss Hog

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/28/14 04:48 AM

I have a Hero 3 white edition and a Hero 3+ black edition. The 3+ is a lot better. It will do 12Mp stills vs 5mp of the white edition and higher frames per second when recording video, which is really good for slow motion and action shots. My issue now is the editing. I have a decent computer, but it can't handle the high frame rates and high HD settings. It will play them fine, but editing lags a lot, so I'll have to get a new computer soon. They will all give you some fisheye depending on the settings, but you can fix that in the GoPro editing software. Get the 3+ Black edition. It costs more, but you'll be glad you got it.

I use mine for aerial video. This was shot in 1080p, 30fps, medium field of view.

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/28/14 04:57 AM

Make sure you have a killer computer before you buy a gopro. I had the same issue.
My 6 yr old sony wasn't up to par.

Had to sell go pro
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/28/14 12:18 PM

Don't worry about a remote, use the app that is available for your phone.
Posted By: Astater

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/30/14 04:29 AM

What have ya'll used it for in duck hunting? I've heard of mounting on a tree, on the gun, on the dog...I'm in the market too. Have a new dog and my son will buy his first hunting license this year, so I'd like to have some of that on video.

Thanks...
Posted By: NTXDuckHunts

Re: Go pro advice? - 06/30/14 12:54 PM

I have two cameras going a 3 black and the cheaper (takes just as good clips) one in the decoys upwind that shows close ups of the birds and the hunters shooting on the edge of the clip and one mounted on my head in with the hunters..That way I have a split screen of close decoying ducks and them shooting..Word of advice make sure you have a safety stand made for the one in decoys..Just remember no matter what focal view you use you have to be CLOSE to the subject being shot at...The whole idea of this camera is a wide angle view of CLOSE action ( or a panoramic view) and facing the subject doing the action not subject action 25 30 40 yards away

Re: Go pro advice? - 07/01/14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Originally Posted By: Hunt1253 teachmetohunt

Buy the stock instead. the IPO went from $23 to $35 in the last 2 days making the owner with his 49% stake worth 2 .4 billion richer overnite

Crazy shiat

Damn! Stock at $46 today.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Go pro advice? - 07/01/14 03:37 PM

you should be a finance guy

Re: Go pro advice? - 07/01/14 06:04 PM

$49

banana

Sold!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Go pro advice? - 07/01/14 06:06 PM