Texas Hunting Forum

Lost duck lease

Posted By: Bowtech kid

Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 08:18 PM

Had a honey hole in wise county it was the complete deal roosting tank and some good feeding ponds called the guy today and was making sure I could go in Saturday and he tells me that some one has payed him to hunt it after hearing bout all the birds in their the guy knows I was hunting and leased it out from under me just needed to vent
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 08:19 PM

Who told them about the birds?
Posted By: txhunter08

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 08:41 PM

Shady landowner should have atleast let u know somebody was bidding u up.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Bowtech kid
Had a honey hole in wise county it was the complete deal roosting tank and some good feeding ponds called the guy today and was making sure I could go in Saturday and he tells me that some one has payed him to hunt it after hearing bout all the birds in their the guy knows I was hunting and leased it out from under me just needed to vent

This looks like the problem, not having it leased and hunting for free and expecting it to stay that way. It is still a sour deal. I had a quail spot years ago in Childress and did not have to pay. I offered to lease it several times and was always turned down. Then he leased to some outfitter who started running day hunts on the property.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 10:00 PM

Which part of the county? I may know who your talking about.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 10:42 PM

I tell you what, holler at me on a week day and I'll let you swamp for me. I can't believe I got it for so cheap anyway.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: txhunter08

In my opinion he is not a shady landowner, OP had no lease no contract. If wanted sole access he should have said so and gotten a lease from the landowner. up
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/15/13 11:34 PM

Dog catcher is right. Even with a lease it is the beginning of the end. The minute you put pen to paper, the clock starts and that lease is dead. The question is how long. I have seen some that are still in play after 60 year. I have seen some that have not made 60 minutes.
Posted By: Labman

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 12:04 AM

Have you hunted it at all this season? There are so many factors in the equation that we don't know about. It's hard to say if the land owner is a douche for his actions. I've delt with this kinda stuff also, I feel your pain.
Posted By: BigAL33

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 12:27 AM

Pay the man!
Posted By: nogeese

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 12:39 AM

So you didn't loose your lease you lost your free place to hunt
Posted By: Labman

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: nogeese
So you didn't loose your lease you lost your free place to hunt

That's what it sounds like.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 12:59 AM

No matter how you slice it, it still sux
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 01:25 AM

Either way it sucks. Sorry.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 02:00 AM

So you have not paid the land owner yet, 2 weeks into the season?? lol. Your own fault for losing it. Lessons learned for you, I pay ahead on my lease and keep 2 years locked up every year, that way someone tries to steal your lease they have to wait a couple years, most do not want to wait. And if you ever want out of the lease, they are easy to sell, not like you will ever lose money over it.
Posted By: Streater

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy

So you have not paid the land owner yet, 2 weeks into the season?? lol. Your own fault for losing it. Lessons learned for you, I pay ahead on my lease and keep 2 years locked up every year, that way someone tries to steal your lease they have to wait a couple years, most do not want to wait. And if you ever want out of the lease, they are easy to sell, not like you will ever lose money over it.

And this, Gentlemen, is how you avoid getting bent. Yall should listen to Guy...for the most part.
Posted By: txhunter08

Re: Lost duck lease - 11/16/13 04:26 AM

I read this a little fast I thought he ment they had a lease agreement
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: txhunter08

In my opinion he is not a shady landowner, OP had no lease no contract. If wanted sole access he should have said so and gotten a lease from the landowner. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum