Texas Hunting Forum

I need a duck or two

Posted By: Sniper John

I need a duck or two - 10/03/13 07:08 AM

If anyone near Farmers Branch has a frozen whole duck or two or three in the freezer and do not want it to go to waste, I could sure use them right now. It can be any kind of last years duck or this years teal. And I can pick them up.

He needs some work after his summer break if he is going to get another one of these. And I am out of training birds. nuts

Posted By: wlgorman

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/03/13 11:35 AM

I've got a bunch in the colony. Pm sent with phone #
Posted By: Duckman01

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/03/13 05:34 PM

Nice,is that AKC or UKC....
Posted By: kdub

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/03/13 05:35 PM

I've got several in Allen.
Posted By: huck18

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/03/13 05:44 PM

Man Sniper I just got rid of about 20 of them last week. If you have any trouble finding some, I know Angie with Tioga will have some flyers but they are not cheap.
Posted By: huck18

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/03/13 05:44 PM

What test are running this year?
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/04/13 03:34 PM

I backed off from running him in everything like I did last year. Too many conflicting training problems for an adolescent vizsla. Took a break from conformation this year for sure. I am focusing on training for and finishing his akc junior retriever. And he needs two junior pointer test passes but he can get those wirhout any extra training. Trying to help the breeder with a ROM title and HOF nomination. So NAVHDA UT and HRC Started is only secondary till he finishes the akc stuff. It's nice having a dog capable of stuff like that, but training to get there is a challenge with a young hardheaded self thinking independent dog. I may field trial him next year. For sure will if I retire.
Posted By: dadof5girls

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/08/13 08:38 PM

John what retriever training program are you using for dash?

I contemplating the testing on my red dog. Mostly NAVHDA UT; ACK Hunt Test, hopeful to MH, she capable question is her handler (me); not sure the Field TriaL, seems like it's more for testing than hunting (could be my ignorance their), and not sure how many are performed not on horse, which I don't have or want; and considering NSTRA.
Posted By: Billy Jack

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/09/13 01:22 AM

I have 2 maybe 3 Pm me if you still need them. I am in Grapevine/Southlake all ringers.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: I need a duck or two - 10/09/13 03:49 AM

I will have fresh banded and non banded pigeons this weekend
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum