Texas Hunting Forum

Dove Opener

Posted By: Glowka

Dove Opener - 09/02/13 04:25 PM

Set out for quick limits but it didn't happen. Almost everyone limited out once the birds started coming to water rather than flying over us. Overall a good time. Don't ask me how many shots I took.
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 04:33 PM

my dove opener....
Posted By: BnT

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 04:57 PM

I only bagged two. Thats all that come my way. Got those in the am. Pm I got skunked. The boys about a half mile northeast of me sounded like they had fun. I was hopin theyd push some my way, but I think they ended up killin em all. Opening weekend yielded two birds for me smile
Posted By: nogeese

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 05:02 PM

8 shooters 52 birds, my 10 year old daughter shot her first dove with the same gun (410) that her great grandpa, grandpa, dad and sister all shot their first birds with... Prolly could have done a lot better but with three kids we let them do most of the shooting.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 08:40 PM

that's cool!!!
Posted By: crackbadger

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: nogeese
8 shooters 52 birds, my 10 year old daughter shot her first dove with the same gun (410) that her great grandpa, grandpa, dad and sister all shot their first birds with... Prolly could have done a lot better but with three kids we let them do most of the shooting.

good stuff. nothing mote important than family traditions.
Posted By: SmithR

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 09:35 PM

5 limits for us
We beat down 49 that morning, finished off that afternoon
Seen more birds this year then in a long time. Around sweetwater
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 11:51 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Dove Opener - 09/02/13 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Cody Malone

Awesome!

up
Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: Dove Opener - 09/03/13 01:34 PM

There wasn't much flying on the public hunting lands east of Dallas. I got 1 and most got nothing.

There was a lot of shooting going on but I talked to some guys that had been in the middle of the shooting and they reported the these guys were shooting about everything; sparrows, scissor tails, dragonflies and big old dirtclods sitting in the field.

Anyway, young guys who got bored I guess, but it was safe and fun. It's just nice to get out into the fields again. I'm headed back out this evening or tomorrow.
Posted By: seethemkillthem

Re: Dove Opener - 09/03/13 01:47 PM

I got 9 on Sunday huntig public north of Dallas. Dog got tired running through waist high weeds to find the birds

Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: Dove Opener - 09/03/13 03:07 PM

Which lot #, if I may ask? I was on #2266.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Dove Opener - 09/03/13 03:17 PM

Zero were killed Sunday but, I did spend a lot of time with the youngest which is the best reason to hunt.

12 were killed Monday including a Banded White Wing that was released from a wedding in Kansas in 2009.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Dove Opener - 09/03/13 03:29 PM

Hunted in North Dallas out in Fort Worth. Not a whole lotta doves but managed to get 5 Sunday and another 5 Monday. Went with a group of 6 guys and the between the other 5 of them they only got 6.
Posted By: Duck Em' Woodie!

Re: Dove Opener - 09/03/13 07:24 PM

we had a nice morning as well
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum