Texas Hunting Forum

Slotted Decoy Bags

Posted By: oilag

Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 05:58 PM

Looking to get some slotted bags for some nicer pintial floaters. Has anyone used the full body bags for floaters? Would I be able to fit 12 large pintail floaters in a 6 slot bag (2 per slot)? Any recommendations on brand? Thanks.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 06:45 PM

Yes you can if you get the large goose 6 slot bag. Don't remember the brand.

On my mallard bags I use shell decoys with a float decoy inside it. That way I can carry 2 dozen deeks in one bag. Each slot gets a float deek and a shell deek.
Posted By: Jebb

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 08:06 PM

Check rogerssportinggoods.com they have great prices and quality products. It would kind of defeat the purpose of a slot bag if you put 2 in on slot. Get the 12 slot for 12 deeks if you have quality decoys.
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 08:18 PM

I agree with Jebb. They make 12 slot bags go ahead and get one and save the paint on those Dekes
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 08:24 PM

Rogers has best deal on them

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Rogers has best deal on them

That is where I ordered mine. Putting two in one is OK for the paint as long as they are belly to belly. The top side stays good. If the bords can see the belly of your decoy, they should be dead already.
Posted By: seethemkillthem

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 08:56 PM

Ive got a cousin that has the slotted bags and put 2 decoys per slot and they got just as beat up as th ones he carried in a regualr bag. so if you want to keep the paint good I would put 1 per slot. Just my 2 cents
Posted By: oilag

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/19/13 09:49 PM

Makes sense - was just trying to save a penny. Looks like i will be able to save and get the 12 slot bag at rogers. Thanks guys

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/20/13 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: seethemkillthem
Ive got a cousin that has the slotted bags and put 2 decoys per slot and they got just as beat up as th ones he carried in a regualr bag. so if you want to keep the paint good I would put 1 per slot. Just my 2 cents

Is that your 2 cents it your cousin's 2 cents?

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/20/13 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809

My cousin spemd more than 2 cents on the bag and decoys.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/20/13 03:14 PM

I second looking at the rogers site. Seems like they tend to have the best pricing.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/20/13 03:54 PM

put that .02 towards quality decoys and paint wont chip off as easy
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/20/13 04:02 PM

Yeah I would not use a slot bag for floating decoys. So what if a little paint chips off...they will still work.

Obviously if you are someone using hand made or wood decoys that would be different.

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/20/13 06:01 PM

roflmao
Posted By: goodnight 2

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/21/13 07:32 PM

I think 2 cents is about all that poser's(I mean poster's) opinion is worth. I keep large pintail floaters in a full body avery slotted bag two per slot with regular and oversize floaters without problem. Oversize with oversize is pushing it and they wont always fit well but it works. Wouldn't try to carry it in though, but its great for a boat.

Re: Slotted Decoy Bags - 06/21/13 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: goodnight 2

I think 2 cents is about all that poser's(I mean poster's) opinion is worth. I keep large pintail floaters in a full body avery slotted bag two per slot with regular and oversize floaters without problem. Oversize with oversize is pushing it and they wont always fit well but it works. Wouldn't try to carry it in though, but its great for a boat.

Are you saying its great for this boat???

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum