Texas Hunting Forum

Layouts?

Posted By: Gdogg

Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:03 PM

How many of you all find it difficult to hunt in a layout blind? My back is still killing me from the weekends hunt. I work out religiously with plenty of ab work, but it never fails, the next day my back is a wreck.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:06 PM

Try buying a cheap rollup poly pad and put it in there to lay on! Works wonders
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:06 PM

Make sure you have the back support as tight as it will get. I had the same problem after the first hunt this season from mine, and that was the problem. No problems since or before, and... lets just say its been a while since I've seen my abs.
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:08 PM

it takes some getting used to. different models are more/less comfortable too. that polypad that pittstate recommended would definitely help

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:10 PM

Thanks guys. While I was at my daughter's volleyball tourney on Saturday evening. Complete strangers would stop and ask if I was alright. It was really that bad.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:39 PM

my layout blind is comfortable. I have a hard time not taking a nap when hunting out of it. I don't work out often and do zero ab work.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:42 PM

Mine jacked me up on Friday too, I got a little bit of a Slemp walk goin on today
Posted By: Judd

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker
my layout blind is comfortable. I have a hard time not taking a nap when hunting out of it. I don't work out often and do zero ab work.

x2

But if you saw us standing side by side a lot of that post really isn't necessary in saying nuts
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 06:54 PM

speak for yourself, I'm a physical specimen
Posted By: garrett

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 07:03 PM

I'll take you under my wing Judd and get you on a workout program

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett

Now Garrett is one dude that can sleep in a layout. When things get slow, strange sounds come from his blind. confused2
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Layouts? - 01/14/13 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
Originally Posted By: garrett

Now Garrett is one dude that can sleep in a layout. When things get slow, strange sounds come from his blind. confused2

The Garretts are one heck of a sleeping duo.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 03:45 AM

Gary, you should try not working out, it pays off for me in the layout blind laugh
Posted By: Wehrle

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 03:51 AM

cheap black bean bag from walmart under your back made mine to comfortable! have trouble staying awake
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 03:55 AM

I use a Powerhunter and it is about as uncomfortable as you can get but I still catch myself nodding off when it is slow.
Posted By: HardWired

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 05:48 AM

What depth of water can one lay in from a layout blind?
Posted By: dav42070

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 05:27 PM

Get a big layout the bigger the better, I have one for sale in the classifieds, the most comfortable layout out there in my opinion.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 07:35 PM

Well of course it is!
Posted By: RebelRouser

Re: Layouts? - 01/15/13 11:21 PM

I love hunting in my layout. Most comfortable hunting I get to do. It is a new layout so hope it stays that way.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 12:25 AM

I hate hunting out of layout blinds. I got the power hunter and ground force, ground force a little more comfortable, but a lot heavier on long walks. I hunt layout only as a last resort when there is little cover. I figured out how to drink coffee out of my layout blind, so I don’t hate it as much now.
Posted By: TXDEERHUNTER10

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 12:32 AM

I just bought a PowerHunter and hunted out of it twice so far. Although im only 20 I didnt have any pain afterwards even having back problems in the past. But it might have been the slope of the bank that also helped out. I did have a academy camo foam pad thats 88cents.
Posted By: Backwater Productions

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 01:44 AM

Try one of these... been hunting out of layouts a long time... this makes it much easier on the back. They fit all blinds.

http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/roger...ory-p-2008.html

Posted By: David Maas

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 12:27 PM

48 and hunt out of a Edge Excite Layout Blanket blind going on 6-7yrs and no problems with my back afterwards. I have had it so long it was $49 everyday.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 02:25 PM

Eat very healthy and u will feel much better.
Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 03:03 PM

I got one of those 6 dollar blankets at Academy and rolled it up, wrapped it with a small string/rope.....does wonders.

Originally Posted By: Pittstate
Try buying a cheap rollup poly pad and put it in there to lay on! Works wonders
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 03:38 PM

My girlfriend rolls up the decoy bag and her gun case and leans on them.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Layouts? - 01/16/13 04:49 PM

Tempurpedic should come out here pretty soon with one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum