Texas Hunting Forum

Drop it!

Posted By: Borane4

Drop it! - 12/13/12 10:21 PM

Hunted with Jeff at Silver Creek Guide Service on Monday. As we were taking up, his awesome CBR went searching for a greenhead that dropped into the woods 200 yds away an hour earlier. He brought it back and I snapped his portrait. Good work, Spade!

Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Drop it! - 12/13/12 10:23 PM

Too bad the color did not turn out right in the pic. But overall pretty cool.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Drop it! - 12/13/12 10:31 PM

Nice
Posted By: glasshole

Re: Drop it! - 12/13/12 11:12 PM

That dog is amazing...I love the way spade pics up the birds in the exact order they fell...something I have never seen before...my brain just don't work like that
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Drop it! - 12/13/12 11:12 PM

That's pretty freakin cool
Posted By: Judd

Re: Drop it! - 12/13/12 11:15 PM

Surprised he didn't bite you for snapping that picture. Also, nice to know he wore a wetsuit this week smile
Posted By: Borane4

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 12:33 AM

Judd - He was friendly Monday, but no way was I reaching for that duck.

Marcstar - the color is intentional
Posted By: fisher6688

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 12:41 AM

nice pic borane i think i shot that one that fell in the woods Lol, wheres the other pic with the mallard in the tree coolpics
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: glasshole
That dog is amazing...I love the way spade pics up the birds in the exact order they fell...something I have never seen before...my brain just don't work like that

Most people train their dogs to pick up the last bird first and then either work back or in the order the handlers directs them to.

If the dog is good at marking it doesn't matter though.
Posted By: QuackStacker

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 02:28 AM

awesome pic! yeah ol spade is a machine man... hopefully he'll be pickin up my birds in a cpl days! woot
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Borane4
Judd - He was friendly Monday, but no way was I reaching for that duck.

Marcstar - the color is intentional

Borane....I guess you didnt feel your leg getting pulled there. Sorry I was joking. I've seen the apps that make the pics look like that...I've never played with them. Cool pup.
Posted By: kdub

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 04:28 PM

Spade will find birds you didn't know you shot.
Posted By: RalphM

Re: Drop it! - 12/14/12 08:32 PM

That's the absolute truth ! Last year Jeff and I were picking up decoys [wooden variety] when he suggested That I might take Candy [my master hunter lab] to see if we could locate the Gadwall hen I had feathered on the last group that decoyed. I assured him it was a clean miss. He persisted [insisted], so I trudged of into the broomweed,cedar and prickly pear to search for a duck I'm sure I had only scared. Candy will "hunt dead" on command and she put on a good show. Maybe it was because neither of us exhibited much enthusiasm but then Jeff arrived on the scene with his noble CBR and - - - you guessed it,Spade emerged out of the mesquite with a Gadwall female . I'm pretty sure he was smiling .
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Drop it! - 12/15/12 12:38 PM

That's a cool pic Bob. And thanks for the nice coments about spade
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum