Texas Hunting Forum

Another great morning...geese and ducks

Posted By: Featherduster

Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/04/12 07:17 PM

Took some folks from Tennessee this morning. We did what we call a flip flop hunt. Had hunters in the rice field goose hunting and other hunters hunting a pond. After the hunters at the pond are done then they come hunt with us and we send our hunters to go shoot ducks at the pond. Everybody killed their limit of ducks this morning. Out of our field the results were 34 specks, 1 Ross, and 20 pintails. Not even half of the birds got pictured, already tagged them and sent em with hunters back to camp. Anyway it was good times. Blue bird skies and basically no wind kept em fairly high but we scratched at em slowly. Anyways, the only pic I got.

Posted By: Water Turkey2

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/04/12 07:36 PM

Wow nice hunt.

I got invited on a guided goose hunt one time and the guide told us we were going to set out the goose spread next to a pond. I said, "are we going to put out any duck decoys on the pond?" He tried to tell me that it was pointless but I convinced him otherwise. He had a dozen pintails decoys in his truck. I set up on the levee overlooking the pond while everyone else set-up in the spread. After I had shot my third duck, the whole group, including the guide (who was now an expert duck caller) decided to join me.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/04/12 11:10 PM

That looks like a great shoot.

Posted By: mcraig

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/04/12 11:45 PM

Nice hunt!! Are you still in the same area as you were a couple of seasons ago?
Posted By: Beretta

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/04/12 11:49 PM

Lookin good

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: mcraig
Nice hunt!! Are you still in the same area as you were a couple of seasons ago?

Yes sir, Garwood tx
Posted By: mcraig

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 01:44 AM

i may need to pick your brain one of these days about how to get a speck to decoy. Or at least lose some altitude. i just got on a lease a little northeast of there. first time hunting over a flooded field and i really want to shoot some specks this year!!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 01:48 AM

Wow

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: mcraig
i may need to pick your brain one of these days about how to get a speck to decoy. Or at least lose some altitude. i just got on a lease a little northeast of there. first time hunting over a flooded field and i really want to shoot some specks this year!!

Just shoot me a message, I'd be glad to help. First things first, have birds there and pray you get the right weather...makes all the difference.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 02:24 AM

Sweet
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 02:47 AM

Looks like it is going to be a good year.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 02:58 AM

nice
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 11:41 PM

Corey man you know ive been trying to get on a goose hunt for the last 2 yrs man i might just have to hit you up man..... pm me im offshore right now so thats the only way we can talk.... trying to get something together like december 16th...
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/05/12 11:57 PM

Sweet
Posted By: J PECK

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/06/12 09:16 PM

Man, I really want to shoot some geese
Posted By: fin&feather

Re: Another great morning...geese and ducks - 11/06/12 09:34 PM

Love shooting some dark geese.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum