Texas Hunting Forum

cold front to bring more dove?

Posted By: redundeadd

cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 01:28 PM

Im at work watching over the construction yard, but im not seeing any birds. I kind of the there would be lots of dove moving in front of the front. Im right outside dallas and the front is supposed to hit this afternoon. Is it still too early to start seeing birds?
Posted By: Cochise

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 01:34 PM

In my opinion, since this front is coming in from the NW vs more Northerly, dove probably won't be riding the initial front. Maybe some, but not many. Once the front passes through Kansas / OK and the northern winds stay at it, they'll move.

The bulk of the birds being pushed down will come later in the weekend.

Again, that's my opinion and I'm probably wrong.

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 01:38 PM

It makes since
Posted By: janie

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 01:38 PM

We saw more dove last night, then we have in the past week. It will be interesting to see what this latest front does. Calling for 1 - 3 inches of rain along with it as well.

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 01:54 PM

Ill hopefully be in the field this afternoon, if not this afternoon then ill be makin a sickly phone call into work tomorrow morning;) ill royce city bound lol
Posted By: STXHO

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 03:08 PM

We scouted out Jim Wells and Kleberg County fields last night. Saw way more doves than we did last week. This next from should bring more down. If you have food for them they will hold.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 03:13 PM

Probably but dove season will be put on hold after saterday...theres a more important bird in the sky

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 03:35 PM

Haha im gonna hold off on teal hunting till next pay day
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 03:39 PM

I have been out teal scouting a couple times this week and not seeing very many dove. I sure hope the front will bring some in.....besides my backyard in town.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Probably but dove season will be put on hold after saterday...theres a more important bird in the sky

Bingo!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 06:10 PM

Don't push my birds out!!! mad
Posted By: Jobst

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 08:59 PM

Tomorrow is my sons 5th so I started a tradition when he is young to take him dove hunting that sat. It's supposed to drizzle or rain so will the dove fly?

I know it doesnt matter with duck but was wondering with dove. I'd switch hunts but dont want to carry both lead and steel.
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 09:05 PM

Opening day it rain at my house. I was already done by the time it started but people down the road hammered away at them while it was raining.

My b-day is sept 5th. I dove hunt on it every year. Its a good tradition up i hope yall have fun and get some birds!
Posted By: BigAL33

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Jobst
Tomorrow is my sons 5th so I started a tradition when he is young to take him dove hunting that sat. It's supposed to drizzle or rain so will the dove fly?

I know it doesnt matter with duck but was wondering with dove. I'd switch hunts but dont want to carry both lead and steel.

Some of my best dove hunts have been on rainy days. When the rain stops, the doves will fly like crazy!!!
Posted By: Jobst

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/13/12 11:58 PM

Dove everywhere at soccer practice!!
Posted By: JonBoy13

Re: cold front to bring more dove? - 09/14/12 01:45 AM

I hope it sends a bunch down this way.. I limited out the first two days but I didn't even see a dove on Sunday..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum