Texas Hunting Forum

Weatherby sa-08

Posted By: StoegerM3500

Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 03:49 PM

Does anyone have experience with this shotgun. Ive read alot of great review on it. I am going to need a new shotgun after my stoeger p-350 crapped out.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 04:18 PM

It's not a bad little gun. Pretty light and has a decent feel to it.

Killed a bunch of dove and ducks with mine.

Only complaint is westherbys customer service. I noticed my heavy piston had cracked and called and talked to one of their techs, they've never seen or heard of it happening so they were going to send me another and have me send mine in in. After nearly 6 months of phone calls they finally sent me another piston. Except it was a light piston and for a 20 gauge. I was beyond irritated with it so I just decided to use it as a dove gun and only shoot light loads. Guess ill have to go buy a pump for a back-up / loaner duck gun this year.

Great gun other than that problem though.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 05:21 PM

My daughter shoots the youth 20ga and we haven't had an issue yet. It was particular about what shells it likes, but its a sweet shooter
Posted By: kethri2

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 05:24 PM

One of the cheapest guns on the market. I got one at Cabelas and brought it back within a week. Main reason I brought it back was because it didn't pump very well. Was really stiff and would lock up. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 05:26 PM

Maybe that's bc it's a semi auto
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: kethri2
One of the cheapest guns on the market. I got one at Cabelas and brought it back within a week. Main reason I brought it back was because it didn't pump very well. Was really stiff and would lock up. Just my 2 cents.

Is it the PA-08 pump or do you mean cycling in a semi-auto?

I've been using the SA-08 this year no problems. Took it apart, cleaned it good and oiled it before first use and so far it has been just fine with about 250 shells ran through. I clean and lube it according to the maintenance guidelines. It cycles the low brass dove loads no problem.

It's not exactly a nice looking shotgun but is great for the field. Puts lead down range.
Posted By: kethri2

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 05:36 PM

Must be the PA-08 I was talking about. Mine did ok with light loads but with duck loads it would jam up on me bad. I wasn't shooting cheap shells either.
Posted By: duckboy007

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 05:38 PM

I was really close to buying the 20 ga for the wife when basspro had em on sale a couple weeks ago. everything I read sounded like it would have been fine for my needs.
Posted By: masagaut

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/06/12 07:20 PM

LOL I have been wondering why none of my semi auto's will pump right.
Posted By: twin2

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/07/12 01:30 AM

Got my wife a 20 ga a few months back. She loves it. It is light for her and shoots well.
Posted By: 3 shots 1 kill.

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/07/12 01:50 AM

Pumping a semi auto loader?......maybe thats y mine shoots crooked.
Posted By: HuntFish512

Re: Weatherby sa-08 - 09/07/12 02:53 AM

my dad adores his nice wood stocks super light. im thinking about getting one myself.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum