Texas Hunting Forum

blind for new boat

Posted By: masagaut

blind for new boat - 07/19/12 06:33 PM

Here is my new boat...Love it. Wondering if anyone else around here has one of these. It is a Phowler "prowler." The reason I am wondering if anyone else has one is because, I am going to build a blind on it and I am wondering if you guys have seen them on these boats or have one on the model or one similar. And, I open to any and all suggestions and ideas for building one if no one has one of these particular models. My old express just had scissor blind on it that worked well but made the boat look so large and out of place unless it was tucked under some trees. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted By: Rob Robertson

Re: blind for new boat - 07/19/12 07:20 PM

Congrat, Sweet looking Rig.

Re: blind for new boat - 07/19/12 07:33 PM

Thanks a lot. It is pretty tough in some pretty nasty stuff.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: blind for new boat - 07/19/12 07:38 PM

That is sweet i will be gettin me one someday... man i would do a simple light setup with some sawgrass. get you a bunch of it and tye it up in bundles...then could mount some hooks or somethin of the sort...maybe even 2 peices of pvc goin down the length of the boat on both side to hang them off of....that way you could have the tops of the grass covering your hole but you could still move around good and even drive with it.... hard to explain but you kinda see what im sayin?

Re: blind for new boat - 07/19/12 07:40 PM

Ok, I am liking that. I had not thought about that. Keep em coming folks.

Posted By: kellygunner

Re: blind for new boat - 07/20/12 05:45 PM

That's the boat I wanted rob robertson to get. Check out the momarsh boats layout blind system and that will be a duck slayer. That's an awesome rig!

Kelly

Posted By: kellygunner

Re: blind for new boat - 07/20/12 05:46 PM

That's the boat I wanted rob robertson to get. Check out the momarsh boats layout blind system and that will be a duck slayer. That's an awesome rig! How much was it in total?

Kelly

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: blind for new boat - 07/21/12 06:32 AM

I like that!

Posted By: Triple Shot

Re: blind for new boat - 07/21/12 12:28 PM

Not much help.on the blind, but that is a sweet rig!!

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: blind for new boat - 07/21/12 03:01 PM

Here check our Mr Robertson's rig.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3266880/1

Posted By: NTXDuckHunts

Re: blind for new boat - 07/21/12 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: masagaut
Here is my new boat...Love it. Wondering if anyone else around here has one of these. It is a Phowler "prowler." The reason I am wondering if anyone else has one is because, I am going to build a blind on it and I am wondering if you guys have seen them on these boats or have one on the model or one similar. And, I open to any and all suggestions and ideas for building one if no one has one of these particular models. My old express just had scissor blind on it that worked well but made the boat look so large and out of place unless it was tucked under some trees. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is that a Copperhead??If so how do you like it

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 04:03 PM

Yeah, it is a copperhead. Awesome motor for sure. This is my first mud motor. I have driven a few pro drive's and GD's, and no they do not have the HP that a pro drive has but, for an 18 hp motor this thing is awesome. It will run around 23 with two 250 pound fellas in it. Thanks for all the blind advice. I like that a lot.

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 04:09 PM

Finished the camo job this weekend.

Posted By: NTXDuckHunts

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 04:28 PM

Thanks for the info..I have orderd a 10 for my 12x42.. The test drive went very well in it..Can't wait to get it in the mud..No the HP is not there but thats not what I'm looking for..Two people can pick the thing up and move it and it scoots.

Posted By: Farvafire

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 05:38 PM

search canvasback on the refuge there is a good write up of one i built, very low profile.

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 06:09 PM

So, search for what exactly Farvafire?

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 06:33 PM

Oh, that rig was like 8900 out the door.

Re: blind for new boat - 07/23/12 08:29 PM

I just looked at that link Hopedale. That is sweet. With a little bit of modification that is gonna work awesome for me. I am gonna make some doors though to mount on the top of the [censored] pit as I will normally be hunting two people sitting in chairs. Thanks again everyone.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum