Texas Hunting Forum

Duck boat?

Posted By: zippo

Duck boat? - 04/28/12 09:19 PM

Iam looking to buy a new boat for hunting this year.Ok with that said. should I get a Go Devil with a war eagle. Or go with a air boat. I can afford both of them. If you had a choose witch one would you pick and why. And if some one can lead me in the right direction as to buying one NEW I'm sick of used boats.

Posted By: garrett

Re: Duck boat? - 04/28/12 09:22 PM

if your going to run a mud motor I would run a hull made for a mud motor, you'll get better performance.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Duck boat? - 04/28/12 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
if your going to run a mud motor I would run a hull made for a mud motor, you'll get better performance.

I would suggest a Gator-tail or Pro-drive motor over Go-devil.

Posted By: Rob Robertson

Re: Duck boat? - 04/28/12 10:50 PM

Get the Airboat. You can haul a load with the airboat. Run dry. Start and stop on Dry. Air Ranger makes the best ones.

Posted By: garrett

Re: Duck boat? - 04/28/12 10:51 PM

only problem is that you cant run airboats on a lot of lakes

Posted By: zippo

Re: Duck boat? - 04/28/12 11:39 PM

Why is that

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Duck boat? - 04/29/12 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: zippo

Why is that

Noise restrictions

Posted By: STXHO

Re: Duck boat? - 04/29/12 12:19 AM

Air boat.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Duck boat? - 04/29/12 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: CoastalPrairieOutfitters
Air boat.

If you live down south.. Up here you highly limited mainly the red

Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Duck boat? - 04/30/12 12:54 PM

Just depends where your gonna be hunting.

Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Duck boat? - 04/30/12 10:21 PM

Buy both and give me the one you don't want. Lol. No, like others have said it depends on where you will be hunting and how. If I had the money to buy either I would go with a mud motor because I can't use an airboat on the lakes I mostly hunt.

Posted By: The Shafer

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 01:18 AM

I would highly recommend a ProDrive www.prodriveOutboards.com

If you want to take a ride in one, pm me and we'll set it up. I have my third PD rig on order and it should be ready for me to pick up in a couple of weeks. It's an 18x54 center console decked out.

You will never regret getting one!

Posted By: GravyWheels

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 02:08 AM

Go devil boat and motor hands down. Best customer service and best engines IMO...

Dave

Posted By: HookemHideout

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 10:44 AM

I agree with what most people have said here.....just depends where you hunt. I spend a lot of my hunting time on the coast, so for me the airboat was an ideal match for the way I hunt. Been running my Air Ranger for 4 years now and love it. If you decide to go the airboat route, shoot me a PM.....I did tons of research before I got mine. Might save you a little time on your purchase. ....good luck.

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: GravyWheels
Go devil boat and motor hands down. Best customer service and best engines IMO...

Dave

no doubt godevil has good customer service... Warren Coco is a great guy. With that being said, if you've ever owned more than one brand of mudmotor you would realize that most all of the brands have excellent customer service. GoDevil, ProDrive and Gator Tail are all owned by one or two individuals, and there shops are relatively small. It is no problem at all to call any of the three companies and talk to the owner(s) at any given time. There main goal is to take care of their customers.

BTW... tell me again how you go backwards in a GoDevil????? smile

Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 02:07 PM

Oh boy! Got us a bonified PD cheerleader in here now. cheerleader Y'all just wait until the MB guys show up. rofl

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 02:34 PM

bring them MB guys on.... I have pulled out several of them!

Although I will never own anything other than a PD (if that makes me a cheerleader then I will proudly wave my pom poms :))I have alot of friends that also own GTs. None of my friends own MBs. I mean, seriously... who would buy a mud motor that is made in Utah???

Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Duck boat? - 05/01/12 07:16 PM

Fish on! FISH ON! Just messing with you TJ.

I've owned my fair share of PDs! smile

Posted By: TRAILBOSS

Re: Duck boat? - 05/02/12 04:12 AM

Never had a P.D. or Go devil but I have pulled a couple off sand bars with my Airboat..

Posted By: TRAILBOSS

Re: Duck boat? - 05/02/12 04:14 AM

Only dislike about the airboat is that it is NOT allowed on type 2 land.

Posted By: BiteEmNBeatEm

Re: Duck boat? - 05/22/12 03:20 AM

look up Uncle-J boats. He build my mud boat and I am quite happy

Posted By: Claysefus

Re: Duck boat? - 05/28/12 04:46 AM

Here you go..... And not too far from Gainesville

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...ude#Post3249797

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Duck boat? - 05/28/12 07:40 AM

This is going to sound odd coming from me. I hunt out of canoes, kayaks, piroges these days. When I went back to that direction I found I loved it. I still have not hunted out of my duck boat in almost three years. The outboard still has less than 10 hours on it.

Airboats being about as opposite as you can get. They are the one boat I can't get away from when they are present. They can usually even overcome places I portage across to get away from mud motors. I hate to see them, hate to hear them. Bad attitudes/ethics of a small few of the guys that operate them are compounded due to the nature of that type of boat and can give bad overall feelings towards the good guys majority that operate them more so than any kind of boat. One bad experience and people tend to have a hate for all of them.

That said, if I could afford a new boat from the three choices given. I would so have an airboat. A majority of public land not allowing airboats is certainly a problem, but if I had one I would not stop doing my more traditional style of hunting out of paddle boats. Some hunting destinations I travel to are because they best utilize my type hunting. So for an airboat I would just have other hunting destinations for times I wanted to use the airboat. Nothing wrong with having access to both extremes. I have never hunted with someone who has an airboat, but I am no stranger to them in my younger years. They really are fun and can go just about anywhere. But know they are only fun to those actually in the airboat.

Posted By: Claysefus

Re: Duck boat? - 05/28/12 09:18 AM

Good to see someone who can express both negtive and positive sides of an argument. That and be honest about desires.

Posted By: DMOB52

Re: Duck boat? - 05/29/12 07:11 AM

Shafer most of us MB guys dont like to back it UP......jk rofl

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum