Texas Hunting Forum

New guy with a question

Posted By: BoPro

New guy with a question - 01/21/12 01:04 AM

Hi guys. New to the forum, mainly visit TFF.

It has been about six years since I got a chance to duck hunt since I moved back from Nebraska. I finally got a chance to hunt this year, and now I got the fever again.

I'm looking for a new gun for next season and have a simple question for the guys that shoot Benelli. I shot the orginal SBE up north, but since then sold it. Now I am looking to buy a M2 or SBE 2. Recoil wasn't too much of a factor since I was well layered hunting in frozen marshes and below freezing weather. During my last hunt I was wore a sweat shirt.... What are your experiences with the Comfortech stocks? Is there much difference, and is it worth the extra $200 over an American series?

Posted By: duckman10

Re: New guy with a question - 01/21/12 01:36 AM

I've got both and there isn't much difference until you shoot 3 1/2. Other than that there are basically the same.

Posted By: Deadeyedaniel

Re: New guy with a question - 01/21/12 10:12 AM

get a vinci and problem solved smoothest gun ever

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: New guy with a question - 01/21/12 07:08 PM

welcome

Posted By: TXPredHunter

Re: New guy with a question - 01/21/12 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Deadeyedaniel
Great Duck hunting gun no doubt

Posted By: casey77

Re: New guy with a question - 01/21/12 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Deadeyedaniel

Well said

Posted By: Featherduster

Re: New guy with a question - 01/22/12 02:28 AM

Well, to be honest with you I would never ever pay full price for a Benelli. American versions are the way to go. The comfort tech stock is just another way for them to make money. If recoil is such an issue then buy a limbsaver...you still saved well over $100. Defanetly not worth the extra coin. Having the full camo gun is just a preference thing for the shooter, I personally like the way the black and camo looks. I mainly duck hunt so I never even consider a 3 1/2 shell. Even if I occasionally goose hunt from time to time a 3" shell is more than enough to bring em down. I was in your situation once and went with the M2 American. I must say, it's the best hunting tool I've ever bought...the gun fits me well and shoots like a charm. Think you'll like it too. Not to mention if you look around hard enough you can find nice deals...bought mine new for $700. Saved a ton of cash.

Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: New guy with a question - 01/22/12 05:29 AM

I have an M2 and love it. I highly recommend it.

Posted By: CLB1981

Re: New guy with a question - 01/22/12 06:02 AM

The M2 is very nice

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: New guy with a question - 01/22/12 01:58 PM

I bought the Browning Maxus, but when I was looking the American series was the other gun I was looking at. Primarily the M2.

Posted By: Liftedpowerstroke

Re: New guy with a question - 01/23/12 03:14 AM

Love my Benelli Super Vinci

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum