Texas Hunting Forum

Who wants to duck hunt?

Posted By: ParkerRhine

Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 07:03 PM

Hey all,

I'm posting this just to try and meet other duck hunters. Hopefully we can get a group together and take turns trading hunts and working with the dogs. We shot 38 ducks sat and sun morning and I can't wait to get back out there. I have a yr old duck dog and she's ready to do some more retrieving. Hit me up and lets bag some birds.

Thanks, Parker

Posted By: cannon88

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 07:16 PM

Where are you?

Posted By: ParkerRhine

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 07:21 PM

I'm in san marcos, but we duck hunted in burnet this weekend.

Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 07:43 PM

gosh, if i lived in your area i would take you up on it for sure. I live in keller, tx and am also looking for someone to hunt with. I am pretty new to duck hunting....last season was my first, and am eager to learn from someone better than me. I know absolutely no one else in person who duck hunts...or knows how to duck hunt so hunting alone has been somewhat frustrating at times. I have my own gear...minus a dog and boat. I do have a canoe though which i like. I have about 36 assorted decoys, a shotgun, and a strong desire to get better and learn from someone who would like to have some company out hunting. I am in no way out to try and find your honey hole. In fact..i would not even consider going to one that i was shown...unless with the person who took me. Id be willing to share my spots that i have found as well.

happy hunting to all of you.

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 07:59 PM

Agree with Spacemonkey, I would go with you if I was in the area.

Spacemonkey, I live in Ft. Worth and am currently looking for a house in Keller. Maybe we should meet up and start hunting together. I cant get any of my friends to commit. I lost my hunting area this past season, so its like a fresh start to me. grin

Posted By: Bryan D

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 10:22 PM

spacemonkey and cannon, I'm just north of y'all in Denton. I hunt ray bob and lewisville.. I'm fairly new at it to, but wouldn't mind the company.

I love the fact that duck hunters are more courteous and open to get together and learn from one another.

Posted By: Raider07

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 11:10 PM

My step brothers hunted lewisville last weekend and did great. I hear there are a lot of birds at ray bob.

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 11:30 PM

finding the birds are no problem... it's not finding the hunters that frustrates you but all in all the two times I've been were worth it

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/09/11 11:44 PM

Bryan, I'm game!

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 02:56 AM

I'm interested. Heading to Mississippi this weekend but maybe next?

Posted By: texashunter36

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 03:52 AM

give me a hollar I live in the austin area

Posted By: TriplePjake

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 05:32 AM

I am new to duck hunting and am looking for someone to hunt with and help teach me the ropes. I am from Gainesville. I have been a deer and dove hunter most of my life. I currently have a gun dog in training! He has his junior title and is currently working on casting. Please let me know if you could help us on our new hunting adventure.

Posted By: cantshoot

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 01:39 PM

when are y'all going hunting again? i will be out camping this weekend but next weekend it's on.

cannon88: is that an fj62 in your avatar?

anyone going next weekend, pm me if you would like a partner. thanks.

btw..i am in fort worth also.

Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 01:54 PM

Sounds like a Ft. Worth/Denton get together. My hunting buddy got a new job and isn't available to hunt on weekends. That is the only time I can hunt. I am in Weatherford, but travel up to 2 hours or so for a morning duck hunt.

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: assko

FJ80

Looks like I wont be able to get out until after Thanksgiving, so basically after the split. Dec. 10, 2011-Jan. 29, 2012

FW get-together sounds like a plan!

Posted By: fowlhooked73

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 04:18 PM

A FW get together sounds like fun. I am game.

Posted By: jrrose

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 07:29 PM

I hate to hijack this thread, but I live in Prosper and am new to duck hunting as well. Been a deer and dove guy most of my life, but with family obligations I have turned to ducks since I can do it closer to home. If the metroplex group puts something together I would love to get in on it. After Thanksgiving would work great since I am taking my son on his first duck hunt the 19th.

Joel

Posted By: cwsanders

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 07:37 PM

If yall have a get together I am interested. This is my second season. I would even maybe be interested in maybe going on a goose hunt or something if we could get a group together. thanks i am from aubrey

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 08:14 PM

I will start a get-together thread after the split. Sound good?

Posted By: RustyW

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 08:16 PM

This is going to be my first year duck hunting also. I am going to Ray Bob soon. Has any one been seeing any birds up there lately.

Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 09:02 PM

keep me posted, i would definately be interested as well. Sounds like fun.

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/10/11 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey
keep me posted, i would definately be interested as well. Sounds like fun.

Will do, Ryan!

Posted By: Super90

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/11/11 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: cannon88

FJ80

Don't sell yourself short, you have an FZJ80 !!! The FJ80 has far less power.

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/11/11 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Super90
Originally Posted By: cannon88

FJ80

Don't sell yourself short, you have an FZJ80 !!! The FJ80 has far less power.

Haha! I know this, but the pic in my sig could be either. I didnt want to confuse anyone on here by throwing the Z in the mix. smile Hope you're well Robert.

Posted By: madhatr02

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/11/11 02:53 AM

Could be fun if we had more water would have more spots to help each other out

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/11/11 04:01 AM

I'm thinking a Sunday morning visit to ray bob an evening lewisville trip sounds good. any of y'all can make it??

Posted By: Dfwguy

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/11/11 04:05 AM

I'm up in Dallas and am looking for a few more people to go with as well. I have a few spots wayyy out in NE Tx but can't make that drive too often.

Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/12/11 12:18 AM

Id take you up on it if I still lived in austin, I'm in bryan now...... Im headed to beaumont now to hopefully get out on the water in the morning

Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/12/11 12:26 AM

im new to duck but love it and in the right area give me a holler

Posted By: BiteEmNBeatEm

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/12/11 06:22 AM

will mainly be hunting choke and the coast. i got a mud boat with a blind. shoot me a pm. Im in san antonio.

Posted By: slow944

Re: Who wants to duck hunt? - 11/12/11 07:49 AM

Hey I'm in Dallas and in the same boat. Been out of duck hunting about 10yrs but would like to get back in to it. Like a lot of us hunters in the Metroplex there isn't a lot of free places to hunt. I have me a new pup and want to get him trained right. Ler me know about Ray Roberts, I have one of those Pelican boats and I'm looking forward to useing it for duck hunting.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum