Texas Hunting Forum

Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern

Posted By: drakedoctor

Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/02/11 06:58 AM

Has anyone seen what patterns the Super Vinci throws with Federal 3 1/2'' BB's for Geese? Thinking bout getting rid of my Browning 10 semi auto and SBE 1 to upgrade to the super Vinci but I haven't heard much feedback on it. I have a Cordoba in 28'' and it is deadly with Blackcloud with a Cylinder choke and the comfortech system makes a big difference. What are your thoughts?

Posted By: Judd

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/02/11 01:56 PM

For a dedicated goose gun going to be hard to beat the bigger bore. I personally haven't heard of any of the 3.5" shells patterning as well as the 10ga, regardless of gun.

I hope that helps...

Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/02/11 05:42 PM

Out of the box I'd agree with Judd that a 12 may not pattern as good as a 10 but if you spend a bit of time patterning the 12 (like it sounds like you are already thinking about) you will be on an even playing field with a lot more shell options with the same speeds and sizes. You'll also pay less for shells.

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/02/11 08:26 PM

Thanks for the input guys!

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/02/11 08:59 PM

For goose hunting, I won't be getting rid of my 10's.

I reload 10 ga steel @ around $11.00 a box.

I have patterned a lot of 12's. Not saying there's not a few out there, but I have never seen a 12 ga that even comes close to patterning as well as my 10's do.

P.S. I would never part with my SBE I either. wink (and if you decide to sell yours, give me a pm)

Posted By: migr8tr

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/03/11 02:36 AM

Me too on the SBE I .

Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/03/11 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Judd
For a dedicated goose gun going to be hard to beat the bigger bore. I personally haven't heard of any of the 3.5" shells patterning as well as the 10ga, regardless of gun.

I hope that helps...

this

Posted By: aggiegadwall

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/03/11 05:44 PM

If you can't kill geese with a 12 you aren't decoying birds!!

Haven't had a 10 gauge in the spread in 3 yrs. But then again I think 3 1/2's are overkiill too.

Posted By: fourtrax

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/03/11 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: aggiegadwall

Haven't had a 10 gauge in the spread in 3 yrs. But then again I think 3 1/2's are overkiill too.

up

Posted By: Fastduck

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/07/11 06:00 PM

dumb post of the week...... facepalm.jpg

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/07/11 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Fastduck

I am the dumb post of the week...... facepalm.jpg

Fixed it for you!

Posted By: fourtrax

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/07/11 08:50 PM

Fixed it for you!

rofl

Posted By: Fastduck

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/07/11 09:41 PM

Fixed it for you!

disregard my original post. Just saw you were from west Texas and just don't know any better. Heck, a 12 gauge is overkill on those dumb canadas. Might as well use a baseball bat.

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/07/11 10:05 PM

Maybe I will try a bat this year!! Sounds like a challenge!!

Done my fair share of killing whitey with both a 10 and 12 over the years. Both canada and the ol prarie.

Still say you can kill a white or dark goose just as good with a 12 as long as they are decoying.
More shell options, easier guns to handle and every walmart/sporting goods store sells 12 gauge. Usually cheaper too!

Posted By: migr8tr

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/07/11 10:34 PM

Huh you must be doing something wrong I shoot a ton of white geese all I need is a 3 inch 12 gauge . Ever thought it might be you that makes them white bird smart . Just because you shoot a 10 guage you think you can shoot geese at 80/90 yards there is the whole problem .
[img:center]http://[/img] [img:center]http://[/img] [img:center]http://[/img]

Re: Blackcloud\Super Vinci Pattern - 06/09/11 03:53 AM

I think the original post was wanting feedback about the Vinci and Blackcloud. I didn't ask anyone to puff their feathers up. Thanks for the info though.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum