Texas Hunting Forum

1-26-11 "Back for more"

Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

1-26-11 "Back for more" - 01/27/11 03:19 PM

Well, Mike and I weren't able to get a good conversation in, due to limiting out on Mallards so quick on Tuesday we decided we needed to hunt again on Wed. grin

This time we hit one of my spots...

Well, let's just say, we were completely covered up!!! banana2

Started off with teal and Gadwalls all over us, and then by the time we were almost done the mallards showed up...

We were also able to drop a goose in the mix!

Had a great time...even though we were done at 8:15... grin

J.J.

Few pic's:

Bo- going to retrieve a Gadwall:

Bo- holdin' a Gadwall:

Mike with our birds:
(2 Mallard drakes, 6 Gadwall drakes, 3 GWT drakes, 1 Spoony drake and 1 Goose)

Black and White of me and Bo:

Here are some pictures I took this morning of mallards on my pond (in TEXAS) and one of them eatin' poo...

Posted By: Fallen Feathers Taxidermy

Re: 1-26-11 "Back for more" - 01/27/11 03:27 PM

Looks like you had a good hunt JJ and if you ever need any help killing them im not to far.

Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: 1-26-11 "Back for more" - 01/27/11 04:39 PM

Dang hunt101 pics are blocked at work. I can't see them until I get home. bang Post 'em on FB please. grin

Posted By: duckcentral

Re: 1-26-11 "Back for more" - 01/27/11 04:42 PM

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great time. I hope to make it up that way for a hunt with you next year.

Eric

Posted By: TXPride

Re: 1-26-11 "Back for more" - 01/27/11 09:13 PM

That's why I don't shoot mallards, they eat poo.

Nice hunt

Posted By: Ridn9high

Re: 1-26-11 "Back for more" - 01/27/11 11:57 PM

Another fun trip JJ! Hope you'll whack em in Kansas! I'll keep the birds in check the next couple days here in Oklahoma lol

Had a great time in a new area. It's always nice to hunt a new area. We had birds dumping in before LST while the blinds were getting set up and decoys being put out. Around 745 we had a good sized flock of Gaddies working the decoys, a flock of 8 spoonies pass me at 10 yards and 3 mallards cupped and dropping in. Good times!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum