Texas Hunting Forum

legal shooting hours?

Posted By: duckslayer7

legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:01 PM

ok so i have seen some posts on here about shooting hours ending at noon what is that all about i thought legal shooting hours were 30 mins before sun rise and 30 mins after sun set can i get a clarification

Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:05 PM

Depends on what your hunting. There are some counties during dove season in the 2nd season I think that only allow hunting of dove from noon to sunset...

Legal shooting hours ends at sunset, not 30 minutes after....if memory serves me...

check the TP&W website when your unsure....

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:06 PM

Special White-winged Dove Area Note: The dates are distinct from the rest of the South Zone
Special Season (Legal shooting hours are from noon to sunset) September 4-5 and 11-12, 2010
Regular Season September 17-October 31, 2010 and December 25-January 14, 2011

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:06 PM

ok how about duck hunting?

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:07 PM

SHOOTING HOURS: Unless otherwise noted, one-half hour before sunrise to sunset.

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: duckslayer7
ok how about duck hunting?

Hunting Hours
One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.

Read your manual.....How else are you going to know the rules..

Don't take everyone's advice from a forum...YOU need to be responsible for reading and knowing the rules.....

I know them becuase I have hunted ducks for the last 20+ years..

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:10 PM

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/waterfowl/rules/

Here is a good place to start......

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:14 PM

thanks all i needed was a clarification not any website to visit and i aint much of a reader i read the limits and how many of what kind of duck i can shoot and what lakes and areas need a special permit to hunt

Posted By: HardWired

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 06:45 PM

Some of the WMA and special lands have specific time-lines. Many begin 30 before sunrise and end at noon so as to stop afternoon hunting and allow the birds to rest.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 07:57 PM

I recommend even the experienced hunters read the regulations every year as things do change sometimes. And especially read the rules for public hunting areas. Collective there are quite a few rule changes for various public lands this year. For example one in the DFW area that did not require a corps permit last year, does require a permit this year. Another DFW lake has removed a portion of land/water from it's public hunting area. It was pointed out to me on the hunting map when I picked up my permit. If not told and one did not look at the newest map, they would not know.

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: duckslayer7
thanks all i needed was a clarification not any website to visit and i aint much of a reader i read the limits and how many of what kind of duck i can shoot and what lakes and areas need a special permit to hunt

Son....if you ain't much of a reader and you consider yourself a duckslayer....you worry me.

Everyone needs to read the rules every year as John pointed out.
That means knowing the times and everything else. How do you know I am not pulling your leg on the times? You have to READ for yourself.....

My suggestion is READ READ READ and then READ again so that you know exactly what your doing.

I sure hope you can identify a duck in the air before you shoot it..... up

Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/23/10 10:29 PM

not much of a reader grin

that's rich.

Posted By: ShaneR21

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/24/10 12:10 AM

Well before y'all start chewing him a new one, I know the manual like the back of my hand because I have read it about 50 times. I have talked to a few people before that said you couldn't hunt past noon. I have looked and looked and have never found anything. So he isn't asking a stupid question at all. He could have called the controling authority to find out what there rules are.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/24/10 12:17 AM

there are certain areas to the east that hunting ends at noon. But you need to be aware of where you are hunting and READ the rules

Posted By: sptaylor

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/24/10 05:35 AM

I went on a corporate dove hunt one year, and the guide argued with me telling me that all migratory birds hours were at sunrise, not 30 minutes before... I was surprised because he said he had been a guide for a long time..

Posted By: cory_cooper

Re: legal shooting hours? - 10/25/10 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: sptaylor
I went on a corporate dove hunt one year, and the guide argued with me telling me that all migratory birds hours were at sunrise, not 30 minutes before... I was surprised because he said he had been a guide for a long time..

must of not been much of a reader either

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum