Texas Hunting Forum

New Waders

Posted By: Hopedale

New Waders - 08/19/10 11:43 AM

Anyone have the Cabela's Dry-Plus Breathable Waders ?

How warm are they?

The other waders I was looking at are the SuperMAG 1600

Posted By: Marcstar

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 11:47 AM

The Cabelas ones are great. If you have some good wader pants they are more than warm enough.

Posted By: Marcstar

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 11:49 AM

It's odd that you are looking at the breathables and then also the 1600s. It's like you could not find two pairs of waders that were more different.

Posted By: R.G.C.

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 11:57 AM

Shannon I have the 1600 ones. I where you you I would look at teh breathables and maybe the 600 ones from cabelas. The 1600's get real warm even for my little short rollie pollie body

Posted By: quackrjack

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 12:44 PM

I have the Cabela's Dry-Plus Breathable Waders and they were perfect in every condition last year.

Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 12:54 PM

I have both, Dri pluss are good early on, and if you are one of those Nordic typs that think 45 is hot then wear them all season. If you are more of a southern boy like me that thinks 45 is dang cold, then get the 1600 also. A word of caution on the 1600. I have yet to make a full season with them. On my fourth pair. The boot always starts cracking. So keep the receipt!! Got a call last night and I think I will be wearing Drake from here on out.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: jeff34
Got a call last night and I think I will be wearing Drake from here on out.

Looks like someone got on the PROTEAM grin No more mutton busting for you... Your a big boy now grin

Congrats up

Posted By: Judd

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 02:27 PM

Make sure you get your black sweatshirt Jeff grin

Seriously, congrats! I kinda figured you would get an Avery deal wink

Posted By: duckhunter42

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 02:37 PM

about to get some soon i hope

Posted By: TBK

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 05:31 PM

I didn't get the plus because I didn't want the pocket or those big shoulder straps. I went with the first flights instead.

Congrats Jeff on the deal. Might see you on Migration Nation.

Posted By: RavennaDuckman

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 05:38 PM

i have the super mags and they have done me very well!

Posted By: BigJake7mm

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 07:21 PM

I have the Super mags as well, going on my third season with them now. I love the air bob soles in the deeper water. Practically lifts your leg for you! Good Luck!

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar
It's odd that you are looking at the breathables and then also the 1600s. It's like you could not find two pairs of waders that were more different.

I like the idea of the breathable, but wasn't sure what you would wear to keep warm.

Posted By: sptaylor

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 09:54 PM

Fleece is your friend when wanting to stay warm

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: New Waders - 08/19/10 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Originally Posted By: Marcstar

I like the idea of the breathable, but wasn't sure what you would wear to keep warm.

I have stockingfoot breathables and the problem is your feet will FREEZE RIGHT OFF but I think breathables with a minimum of 1000 grams of thinsulate would be great for Texas. Under you wear a base layer (capilene or whatever) and fleece pants when it's cold out. But there isn't a sock in the world that will keep your feet warm in uninsulated boots in 45 degree water hunting for several hours.

Posted By: Roc

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 02:55 AM

Get the Cabelas 800's thats all you need. If you can afford two pair then the get the early season ones as well. I got both and the breathables work great from teal till November and then the 800's work the rest of the time. 1600's are too much for Texas weather. You can spend the difference on some Under Armor cold gear that does the trick.

Posted By: deckhand

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 03:15 AM

Breathable is the way to Shannon! The only time I had any issue was due to a small leak on a very well used pair in a stocking foot. I plan on buying a new pair this year with the boot at Cabelas. If you can stay dry you can layer enough to stay warm.

Posted By: jcav

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 02:16 PM

I love these.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-MPW20010S

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

. But there isn't a sock in the world that will keep your feet warm in uninsulated boots in 45 degree water hunting for several hours.

you aint kidding there..I have some 1200 that are great. but picked up a set of breathables for use until the temp drops below 70ish grin

Posted By: deckhand

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TreeBass
Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

. But there isn't a sock in the world that will keep your feet warm in uninsulated boots in 45 degree water hunting for several hours.

you aint kidding there..I have some 1200 that are great. but picked up a set of breathables for use until the temp drops below 70ish grin
bangTrue statement there. TB and cool is a bad mix. I'm sweating buckets and he is putting on a sweat shirt confused2 . Yes there are socks that can keep you feet warm in 45f water. The trick is a high %of wool(75%+) and not to walk very far creating sweaty feet, which are always cold feet.

Posted By: duckhunter42

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jcav

those look legit! up

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: New Waders - 08/20/10 04:42 PM

Hopedale, I'm going down to buy a pair of the breathable this weekend. Already got approval from the budget manager.

Re: New Waders - 08/22/10 03:03 AM

Well, I got the new waders today. I went with the SuperMag 1600, just didn't care for the breathable waders.

They had a huge crowd there today. DU was on hand and I filled out a card for a free drawing. The Avery pro was a no show, so no duck calling at 2pm. Well it was an enjoyable ride and I got out the house.

Posted By: R.G.C.

Re: New Waders - 08/22/10 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Hopedale
The Avery pro was a no show, so no duck calling at 2pm.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: New Waders - 08/24/10 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jeff34
Got a call last night and I think I will be wearing Drake from here on out.

Awsome, congrats to ya!!

Posted By: phat694

Re: New Waders - 08/24/10 12:43 AM

I picked up a pair of the breathables for $150.00 (they matched the online sales price) at Cabelas last Friday. They fit well and I can move comfortably in them. I also like the fact that the suspenders are neoprene and the knees are re-enforced.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum