Texas Hunting Forum

Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!!

Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 07:15 PM

Tanglefree has come out with some "VERY" nice new decoys!!!

Check them out!!

www.tanglefree.com/

I might have to get me some!! smile

J.J.

Posted By: Judd

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 07:20 PM

I don't like the green wing teal...doesn't that look like to much red on its head?

The mallard looks good and their dog hut looks pretty good.

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 07:23 PM

I like the BWT, mallards, widgeon (don't look bad either)

Probably get me a little of each!! smile

J.J.

Posted By: perch jerker

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 07:24 PM

Is it me or do all the GHG, Tanglefree, Avery, Cabelas ect.....Decoys all look alike, Like they are all made in CHINA or something?

Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: perch jerker
Is it me or do all the GHG, Tanglefree, Avery, Cabelas ect.....Decoys all look alike, Like they are all made in CHINA or something?

NOPE ITS NOT JUST YOU!!!!!!!

Buy American, Buy G&H!!

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 07:33 PM

Or hand carved by AMERICANS. Like my wooden decoys.

Posted By: duckiller

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: jeff34

Buy American, Buy G&H!!

Couldn't agree with you more up

Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: duckiller
Originally Posted By: jeff34

Buy American, Buy G&H!!

Couldn't agree with you more up

yep

Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 08:42 PM

Some of the pro series look good. But man, the reg series, BWT are HORRIBLE, so are the wigeon. BWT look better than the ones I got 2 yrs ago. All black with 'sky blue' heads.

Posted By: CNTKILLLIKEME

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 09:42 PM

You've got to be kidding me those look like crap, the mallard hen must have a cold since she has that gray scarf around her neck.....and the teal drakes must be in a emo band since they died there hair bright blue and fire engine red.

Posted By: migr8tr

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 09:44 PM

Just my 02 worth . The only way those decoys would look good is if they were free of you were on there pro staff .

Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 09:47 PM

Dang J.J., I have seen you write that FA Decoys looked like cartoon characters, and then you give the ol thumbs up to these? confused2

I would take FA over these any day.

Posted By: duckiller

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: migr8tr
Just my 02 worth . The only way those decoys would look good is if they were free of you were on there pro staff .

rofl

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 10:02 PM

To me these look pretty good:

These look pretty good too? confused2

Same with these:

Which I will be hunting over this fall! up

J.J.

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 10:38 PM

To me these look pretty good up

This one looks good too up up

These look good too, but they wont let me hunt over them this fall crying

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 11:01 PM

I think ill keep mine old beat up ones for know they worked and looked good the last few seasons

Posted By: Roc

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/15/10 11:22 PM

The best ones I have seen in a while are Dakota Decoys. They even look better flocked and some very nice head positions.

Dakota Decoys - Mallards

Posted By: nogeese

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 01:42 AM

I have used the same deeks for 20 years and add to them every couple of years when a few sink... so i have a little of everything and they work fine... when i buy deeks I usually get what ever is on sale.

Posted By: ccvidimos

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: nogeese
I have used the same deeks for 20 years and add to them every couple of years when a few sink... so i have a little of everything and they work fine... when i buy deeks I usually get what ever is on sale.

X2. minus the 20 years. this will be my first full duck season but my goose dekes have lasted awhile now

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ccvidimos

X2. minus the 20 years. this will be my first full duck season but my goose dekes have lasted awhile now

left houston in 05 and gave away a giant spread... geese didnt seem to care how old the deeks where either smile

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: CNTKILLLIKEME
You've got to be kidding me those look like crap, the mallard hen must have a cold since she has that gray scarf around her neck.....and the teal drakes must be in a emo band since they died there hair bright blue and fire engine red.

If you are in N Dallas, Emo teal may indeed be a possibility

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 12:30 PM

You know if you didnt skillet shoot the birds all the time your blocks would last a little longer, right??? rofl

Posted By: kdub

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd
I don't like the green wing teal...doesn't that look like to much red on its head?

The mallard looks good and their dog hut looks pretty good.

Yeah the teal look pretty bad...

Posted By: Qwaak

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: wlgorman
Originally Posted By: CNTKILLLIKEME

If you are in N Dallas, Emo teal may indeed be a possibility

If there emo you dont have to yell "CUT EM" they just cut themselves

Posted By: Drakester

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 01:41 PM

POW!!! popcorn

Posted By: Moose K

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 02:40 PM

Cabela's pro image or G&H.

Is Drake making decoys now? If so, throw your whole arsenal in the trash and start over.

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Qwaak
If there emo you dont have to yell "CUT EM" they just cut themselves

hahahahaha that was a good one!

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 03:57 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH that was a good one Qwaak !!!!!!

Posted By: Gacman

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 06:38 PM

I hope to use my dekes for twenty years. I'm actually repainting about 16 this weekend. It's tough though when you're hunting partner can't shoot worth a peso and puts holes in prized decoys. That always wears them out faster. Hmm, why's this one so heavy?

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: gacman

I hope to use my dekes for twenty years. I'm actually repainting about 16 this weekend. It's tough though when you're hunting partner can't shoot worth a peso and puts holes in prized decoys. That always wears them out faster. Hmm, why's this one so heavy?

Break out the silicone!

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 07:12 PM

You sure they aren't teeth marks...Garrett said he has problems with his dog picking up dekes bolt

grin

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 07:32 PM

several of my deeks sound like Marachas!

Posted By: Gacman

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/16/10 10:43 PM

You sure they aren't teeth marks...Garrett said he has problems with his dog picking up dekes bolt

grin

My magic 8 ball just told me that this fall garrett will have a problem with his dog pissing in his boots. loco_too

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/17/10 03:01 AM

grin

My magic 8 ball just told me that this fall garrett will have a problem with his dog pissing in his boots. loco_too

rofl rofl rofl

Posted By: R.G.C.

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/17/10 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Drakester

POW!!! popcorn

Kinda what i was thinking also

Posted By: R.G.C.

Re: Tanglefree - New website - New Decoys!!! - 07/17/10 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Moose K
Is Drake making decoys now?

Yes seen them in the new redhead catalog that i got this week. $100.00 a dozen if my memory is telling me correctly

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum