Texas Hunting Forum

Leon County Bounty On Hogs

Posted By: fishdfly

Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/12/24 01:46 PM

Read in last weeks Buffalo paper that Leon county is going to pay a $10.bounty for hog tails. Have to get a $10 permit and do some kind of class for 40 minutes.

fdf
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/12/24 01:50 PM

Maybe I'll start giving the tails to the poor families around Oakwood. My place is Freestone Co. but right by the line. Maybe I'm too lazy to do that. There are so many downfalls to this bounty idea. I understand them trying though, we have LOTS of hogs.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/12/24 02:00 PM

I am 8 miles from Oakwood.

Just another reason for the hog doggers to go even more crazy now.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/12/24 07:21 PM

Bounties, LOL. They are a great idea until people start cheating the system and things go south (cobra effect).
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/12/24 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Maybe I'll start giving the tails to the poor families around Oakwood. My place is Freestone Co. but right by the line. Maybe I'm too lazy to do that. There are so many downfalls to this bounty idea. I understand them trying though, we have LOTS of hogs.

A good thought, but won't the folks to whom you give the tails have to pay the ten bucks and take the class in order to turn them in?

I used to do that in Lee county several years ago when they had a bounty. I'd cut off and freeze the tails, then give them to a neighbor.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/20/24 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by der Teufel
Originally Posted by garyrapp55

A good thought, but won't the folks to whom you give the tails have to pay the ten bucks and take the class in order to turn them in?

I used to do that in Lee county several years ago when they had a bounty. I'd cut off and freeze the tails, then give them to a neighbor.

Yes, and I thought of that. I can only do so much, sometimes folks have to help themselves, a little.
Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Leon County Bounty On Hogs - 03/24/24 02:06 PM

As with most everything, government programs are inefficient and invite/encourage fraud. Private enterprise sorts itself out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum