Re: Hog Annomous - 06/16/14 02:55 PM

Mid December.
Posted By: hunter3114

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/16/14 03:23 PM

December last year

Way too long
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/16/14 03:33 PM

rofl flunked spelling, yet in spelling bee's always got the best seat, first ta sit down. was looking at the 2014 hog count, feeling depressed, figured would start a post ta see if others were having some bad luck. seen hogs on can, go set up for game of laser tag, wrong place wrong time. seen hogs when walking to check cam once, gun at house, ran to house, hogs gone. hunted WMA's hard ta find sign let alone hog, did see couple small ones, shouldered AR getting slow. Thanks ta all for Input. as pappy always says: keep your head held high & your powder dry flag
Posted By: Humannpower

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/16/14 10:02 PM

never for me. Had an opportunity last year but couldn't due to issues with my eyes that occured a couple of days before the hunt. Hoping to go sometime this year and do my part.

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/16/14 11:30 PM

hope the issues with the eyes have gotten better, have some health issues myself. verdict in my case, ya can't fix stupid, tis why I'm going broke dont do no good ta complain, just take one day at a time. best wishes. flag
Posted By: East texas deer hunter

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/17/14 01:01 AM

30 days ago 1 meat hog one day 2 meat hogs the next day had to quit my wife said

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/17/14 01:34 AM

rofl they been out smarten me tried some laser tag, was hopen ta do some grillin & chillen they show up every now & then down by food plot & timer creek is right behind it flag
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/17/14 04:31 PM

This year has been the best so far. I guess I started hunting hogs about eight years ago, and for the first few years I typically got three or four a year. For that I would make over 20 hunting trips, getting one hog for every five or six efforts. Last year things picked up a little, but this year my buddies and I have yet to come home empty-handed. I've killed six, my usual hunting buddy has shot five, the land owner and his son have taken three, and another friend got one also. Additionally, we trapped a boar in January that weighed almost 300Lbs. Total taken this year ~15.

Things usually slow down in the summer months as the hogs delay coming out until well after sundown, but I'm hoping that my Photon night vision scope will help keep things interesting even during the hot months.

I don't think we've really become better hunters. It just seems that the hogs have been more cooperative than usual.
Rule #1 of hog hunting: The hogs have to show up, otherwise you're just walking through the woods.
--

Re: Hog Annomous - 06/17/14 05:21 PM

scratch rule #1 can't shoot what ya don't see. rofl do most of my hog hunting on WMA's. whin fist stared hunting hogs on public land, easy part was finding hogs, like pappy always says: proof tis in the pudding, pudding one foot in front of the other used ta see a lot of hogs back then, now same area its hard ta find sign, used ta be able ta walk ATV trails an see all kinds of sign. am no expert but believe most of it done at night. was a loner, hit the thick out of the way area's switchcain, palmetto, & brairs, got plenty of videos, scratch people don't believe me rofl ya look in the public hunting form, don't hear to many people getting hogs. last hog I got was on WMA little over 2miles back in, seen lots of hogs, took 4 grillen & chillen. Cheaper ta go to store nowadays, can't afford insurance. feel sorry for the landowner's I know what hard work is, got the aches & pains ta remind me. time ta go check cam's, got pic of 3 bucks at one of the feeders, usually get pic's of doe & fawns on it. ready for some laser tag on hogs if they show back up, right place right time, rule #2, best wishes flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum