Texas Hunting Forum

Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/05/22 10:13 PM

Pre-Op today all set for right knee this time. Hope it turns out as well as the left knee.

January 17th
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/05/22 10:42 PM

dead_horse
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 12:32 AM

Good luck Buzz.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 12:56 AM

Good luck my friend. I need mine done but I'm still making it. They wanted to do them back in 2002.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 02:58 AM

Good Luck!
Posted By: soooo

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by nsmike
Good Luck!
Posted By: don k

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 12:57 PM

Good luck Buzz. Your going to need a good right leg pushing the gas pedal on the new Vette.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 01:37 PM

Stay the course young man, you can do it. Pain is only temporary.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 02:38 PM

You’ll do great big fella
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 04:41 PM

Good luck Buzz!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 08:09 PM

Good luck Buzz! Had my left done about the same time as you had yours - hit a brick wall in rehab and am undergoing manipulation under anesthesia Monday. Was hoping to get my right done in the spring but not looking good now. Probably wait another year.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/06/22 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Halfadozen
Good luck Buzz! Had my left done about the same time as you had yours - hit a brick wall in rehab and am undergoing manipulation under anesthesia Monday. Was hoping to get my right done in the spring but not looking good now. Probably wait another year.

Can I ask what happened in rehab?

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/07/22 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Can I ask what happened in rehab?

sorry to here. fingers crossed for ya.

thanks for the kind support guys. I'll holler back after cheers
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/08/22 10:04 PM

Hope all goes well popcorn
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/08/22 10:43 PM

Halfdozen, sorry to hear you are having problems. Hope the manipulation gets you back on track to making a full recovery.
Buzzsaw, glad you first one went so well, hoping and praying the second one goes even better.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/12/22 02:26 PM

Hope it goes smooth as silk Buzz up You'll need 2 good knees to get back on the podium at the clay shoot!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/12/22 07:01 PM

thanks Dave, i'll be ready clap

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 02:54 AM

all done and home. now the hard part starts

pain management and rehab

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 02:55 AM

Get after it Buzz. Best wishes.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 03:15 AM

thank you Jim
Posted By: Stub

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 12:40 PM

X2
Posted By: soooo

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 01:34 PM

You got this. cheers

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 06:16 PM

How ya feeling Buzz?

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/18/22 07:27 PM

banana vroom vroom

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/19/22 05:02 PM

hurts a little more than my last one. Therapist just left; rehab, exercises my drain out. Tomorrow, shower and start my first PT cry

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/19/22 05:08 PM

Good stuff. You know the drill. Straight leg lifting as much as possible. Ice Ice baby!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/20/22 12:52 AM

Good luck! Hard work and perseverance got you through round one, it'll get you through round two, just keep in mind that at the end you'll be done!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/20/22 04:16 PM

Thanks, not sure why but this second one seems to hurt more than the first bang

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/20/22 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

You're just more in tune with it this time. My second surgery hurt much worse than the first...of course it was on the same knee! hammer

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/20/22 05:30 PM

You're just more in tune with it this time. My second surgery hurt much worse than the first...of course it was on the same knee! hammer

I'm not laughing at you cuz this, stuff hurts. hopefully you are doing good now

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/20/22 05:46 PM

I'm not laughing at you cuz this, stuff hurts. hopefully you are doing good now

Better now that I retired. Seems that sitting behind a desk 8-12 hrs a day slowed my recovery time!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/21/22 01:55 PM

Prayers for a swift recovery and ease of pain, Buzz. I'm sorry this one's worse. It will be worth it!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/21/22 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Prayers for a swift recovery and ease of pain, Buzz. I'm sorry this one's worse. It will be worth it!

Thank you !!! It seems to get a little better every day. Looking forward to driving and shooting
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/21/22 06:46 PM

I guess I'm part of the "bionic man" club...had a full replacement on the left in 2017 and a partial on the right in 2018. Had them both done in the month of June because you can't do much fishing or hunting in July and August! I know what you are going through...the first 2 weeks are the toughest. Good luck and hang in there. Like the old saying goes -- "This too shall pass".

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/22/22 11:18 PM

Thanks Ag , yes, you pretty much nailed it. I'm much better today. Walking good with my walker, started knee bending therapy today. All going according to Doc's orders.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/23/22 12:42 AM

happy3

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/28/22 04:21 PM

How's it going Buzz?

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/31/22 06:30 PM

Should get these staples out tomorrow, the rehab exercises hurt more with this one. The Doc had to smooth out the underside of the kneecap and add a hunk of plastic on it of it. I'm nice and straight when extending my leg but only 90 degrees on my bend.
getting old sucks. my back is still F'ed up, not sure if I will ever be pain free.

[Linked Image]

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/31/22 09:55 PM

Keep with the rehab, a lot of times, an imbalance in the muscles on each side will be felt in the back, with time things should even out in rehab and your back will improve. Good Luck!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 01/31/22 11:42 PM

It'll feel much better with the staples gone. 90 degrees aint gonna hack it dude! Get to work!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/01/22 06:06 PM

staples out, she said it looks great. I'm on the cane now.

no exercises today

she added a new exercise to start tomorrow, one that increases pressure to bend OUCHIE !!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/02/22 01:32 AM

no exercises today

she added a new exercise to start tomorrow, one that increases pressure to bend OUCHIE !!

up
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/03/22 12:47 AM

no exercises today

Good to hear, listen to the PT.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/03/22 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty

no exercises today

Good to hear, listen to the PT.

Yes Sir up
Posted By: hetman

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/03/22 02:39 PM

Buzz get to doing your rehab looking forward to shooting with yall on april 30th @ New hope . you know i did both mine at same time if i can get thru that you can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont bend they will just knock your [censored] back out and bend it anyway

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/03/22 05:43 PM

Keep going, you’re doing great

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/03/22 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by hetman
Buzz get to doing your rehab looking forward to shooting with yall on april 30th @ New hope . you know i did both mine at same time if i can get thru that you can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont bend they will just knock your [censored] back out and bend it anyway

eek2

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/06/22 05:06 AM

At 105* on the bend this morning. She wants me at 110* next week.

YES, it hurts this time. I'm gonna eat my Surgeons azz and ask him why. Can't wait to compare XRAYS

Now I know why everyone cringes when I mention knee replacement, my first one spoiled me.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/07/22 02:46 AM

YES, it hurts this time. I'm gonna eat my Surgeons azz and ask him why. Can't wait to compare XRAYS

Now I know why everyone cringes when I mention knee replacement, my first one spoiled me.

They did the easy one first so that you would come back for the second one!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/07/22 02:55 AM

You haven't lived until you've had 2 on the same knee within 3 months!

But seriously...hope you get that knee bending better real soon.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/07/22 04:42 AM

Thanks Jimbo, she'll be here Tuesday to check it and give me more exercises. I've been pushing it and yes, it hurts.

no pain no gain, right? cry

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/13/22 12:16 AM

Buzz - I posted earlier about this but will repeat. My knee stuck at 105 (after getting to 115 with very little pain). Had to get a "manipulation under anesthesia". Basically bend your leg and hope the bone doesn't break lol. I am able to get to 120 as long as I keep working it. Everybody is different including knees on sake person my doc says.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/13/22 04:01 AM

Buzz - I posted earlier about this but will repeat. My knee stuck at 105 (after getting to 115 with very little pain). Had to get a "manipulation under anesthesia". Basically bend your leg and hope the bone doesn't break lol. I am able to get to 120 as long as I keep working it. Everybody is different including knees on sake person my doc says.

I have heard this. I'm doing my rehab and really pushing it. My therapist couldn't make it until Monday, so I didn't get it measured but it "feels" like its making progress. We'll see.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/13/22 02:06 PM

Hope you feel better soon sir

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/13/22 05:23 PM

10-4 on that. Hang in there Buzz. Life's too short to go through it hurting.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/17/22 06:00 PM

At 112 degree bend this morning. Post Op tomorrow, Xray's, new exercises, etc. hopefully I'll be cleared to drive

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/17/22 10:07 PM

Progress - you might mention the manipulation and see what your doc says. Good luck!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/19/22 01:21 AM

At 112 degree bend this morning. Post Op tomorrow, Xray's, new exercises, etc. hopefully I'll be cleared to drive

What's the verdict Buzz?

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/19/22 05:52 PM

She came for the last time this morning. Knee bend was at 117 degrees. I have 10 exercises to do twice a day till my next post op on March 18th, my 70th birthday.

I will start going to the fitness center here where I will and walk, do my exercises and ride stationary bike, no resistance for 5 minutes adding a minute every time.

about to go out, uncover the Vette, see if I can still get in and out

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/19/22 06:46 PM

She came for the last time this morning. Knee bend was at 117 degrees. I have 10 exercises to do twice a day till my next post op on March 18th, my 70th birthday.

I will start going to the fitness center here where I will and walk, do my exercises and ride stationary bike, no resistance for 5 minutes adding a minute every time.

about to go out, uncover the Vette, see if I can still get in and out

You might benefit from from more PT, but at at an actual facility. Much more intense. They got me to 140 before I stopped going.

Keep at it. Good luck.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 02/20/22 03:27 PM

we'll see what the next 4 weeks of these exercises brings. The facility thing is good, but my surgeon is one of those who likes to control everything, leaves it to the patient to do the work without going to a facility.

Time will tell.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 03/22/22 09:47 PM

How's the knee coming along Buzz?

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 03/23/22 09:49 PM

Getting better every day. Had my 8-week postop Friday. Doc was happy. he cut back a lot of my knee exercises and gave me some back strengthening exercises and has me hanging on my inversion table twice a day for 4 minutes. Helps with my stenosis.

I had a scare while stepping up into my truck, felt like I tore my Quad but it has calmed down now.

I go next week to meet my Colorectal Doc to go over my recent colonoscopy

Pulled half a filling out last week on soft sugar free licorice. Had it refilled today.

DAMM, its always something !!!!!

Hope you're doing good Jimbo !

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 03/23/22 09:59 PM

Good report. Glad you're making progress. Get my butt scoped in another year.

Been a tough couple of months here. Wife in and out of the hospital twice but is good now. I also had a recent filing break and had it fixed yesterday. I think my knee is as good as it's going to get. Going to the gym almost every day helps though.

It really is always something!

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 09/08/22 12:29 AM

My left knee has been barking for quite some time so I went to the Orthopedic Doc 3 months ago.

Told the doc upfront that I have nothing against doctors and respect them for what they do, but I rarely ever go to one and tell it like it is in a hopefully light hearted funny way.

They X-rayed and he said I had Arthritis and my cartilage was gone and that there were several ways to treat this.
He started off by saying there is the "easy way", I stopped him right there and said lets do it. He chuckled and said okay, will give you a Cortisone shot and a script for an anti-inflammatory come back in 3 months, me cool.

Told the wife about the great visit, she said did you ask him what the other options were or anything else, me nope confused2

She said I am going with you on the next visit, okay.

So 9:30 am today was the second appt. with the wife.
Doc went over explained everything and talked about choices, I decided to do the replacement but not until after the first of the year.
The doc drained the fluid off of the knee and gave me another squirt of Cortisone.
He asked how the anti inflammatory pills (he said their medical name???) were working? told him I took them for a couple of days and stopped, I am not a pill popper.

Doc goes over info on the operation and what to do before it and after.
He said I needed to go to my GP no more than a month out or no less than a week in to have certain test done to make sure I was in good enough condition for the surgery.
Doc looks at me and ask if I have a GP? Me nope, him really, me yep told him if it ain't broke why try and fix it?
Doc then looks at my wife and says really? she says yep no doc, he is a cave man grin

Going to have the Left knee replaced Jan 12. 2023

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 09/08/22 12:41 AM

Left one is the easy one. You can drive after a couple of weeks. Lose weight now if you need too. Best of luck with the surgery.

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 09/08/22 12:59 AM

Left one is the easy one. You can drive after a couple of weeks. Lose weight now if you need too. Best of luck with the surgery.

Thanks Jimbo ,he did mention something in general about losing weight if needed, I grinned because about 25 lbs needs to and will be gone by that time.

Not starting diet tonight for we are having fried Catfish from Big Shucks up
Posted By: pop r

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 09/16/22 07:07 PM

Good luck! angel

Re: Knee Replacement Episode 2 right knee - 12/08/22 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by pop r
Good luck! angel

Thanks!

According to my doc they can only give you a shot of Cortisone every 3 months, my 2nd shot end time was Dec 7th and the first available surgery after that was Jan 12th.
Our son is coming home on leave from Bahrain Dec 15th through Jan 12th and I do not want to be a gimpy old fart while he was here, so I decided to put off my surgery until March 9th
in order to get another drain and squirt of Cortisone.

Do Not be a knuckle head like me and wait until the pain/discomfort gets so bad before you go see a doc.
Probably/maybe had I gone in when my knee first started barking they might have been able to do an alternative procedure like squirting a gel inside the knee that replaces/supports the worn out cartilage before it is to far gone, doc said mine is bone on bone and no other option.

Yesterday was my third and last squirt. Got a pretty cool doc who let his asst take a pic of the fluid drained.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum