Texas Hunting Forum

Selling knives - best way?

Posted By: 9x19

Selling knives - best way? - 03/24/24 04:40 PM

Hello all, as part of my accumulation-reduction strategy, in preparation for retirement, I have a fairly large quantity of knives to move on. None are highly sought after collectibles, and most are single blade folders with various locking styles. Alot more folders than fixed blades.

Brands include Boker, Buck, CRKT, Cold Steel, Crossman, Ganzo, Gerber, Remington, Schrade, Western, among others. In all, over 250 individual pieces

So, how best to sell these? Rent a table at a Gun show, have a Sharp Things garage sale? Street corner in South Dallas?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Posted By: bludot

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 03/24/24 04:52 PM

PM sent
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 03/25/24 07:18 PM

If you don't mind shipping them, selling them somewhere like here would probably net you the most money. A gun show is going to cost you a table and then you're going to be sitting there and have a million people look and about five people buy stuff. I don't know if you can sell knives on Facebook anymore, but that could be an option as well.

And if you're not in a huge hurry on a website like this you can list them out in a few lots so you don't overload the marketplace

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 03/26/24 01:57 PM

Thanks
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 04/01/24 05:05 PM

USPS flat rate small boxes and sell them on here is what I would do.
Posted By: bludot

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 04/09/24 12:13 PM

What did you ever decide to do with your knife collection?
Posted By: Travis Fry

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 04/09/24 07:22 PM

You might also be able to put certain ones of them on consignment with one of the knife shops we have scattered around. Or they might purchase them from you at a wholesale discount.

I know there's a lot of them, and I can personally vouch for Cowboy and Ilena at Phenix Knives in Bellville and Tana and Grizz at To the Point in Elgin. Both shops are run by top notch folks that put on the Bellville Texas Select Cutlery Event and the Lost Pines Knife Show, respectively. I'd start with TTP; Phenix is 100% custom I think.

The Sibleys in Ben Wheeler also run The Blade Bar, and are good folks that might take consignments or production stuff (I've not discussed it with them and I don't know them as well, but my limited experiences and also their reputation are positive).

Also reach out to my brother Jason Fry. He has some connections with knife shops in Midland, Lubbock, and I think Amarillo.

I doubt they'd want them all and would be most interested in anything handmade over anything factory, but it's worth asking.

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 04/16/24 06:13 AM

Thanks everyone, just haven't had time to get them sorted, etc... but will do so sometime this year. bolt
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 04/21/24 06:24 AM

I’d look forward to seeing them in the classifieds.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Selling knives - best way? - 04/21/24 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 9x19
Thanks everyone, just haven't had time to get them sorted, etc... but will do so sometime this year. bolt

Suggestion...put them in groups of 10-15, take one good quality picture and insert prices next to each knife in the picture. Very easy to do and you don't have to take multiple pictures.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum