Texas Hunting Forum

Gun show Knives

Posted By: rex47

Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 01:33 PM

at gun show yesterday, 4 different tables of same knives, all had dif. story on where they were CUSTOM made. Very nice looking skiners with bone or horn handles $85-100 All had different reason for NO makers mark.
I had more fun playing with these folks than any thing else.
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 04:20 PM

I find it hard to buy anything at gun shows. Feels like carnival vendors.

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 05:36 PM

Haven't been in 6-7 years different than i remember, not near as many used guns as i remember, all black rifles and new hand guns.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaner
I find it hard to buy anything at gun shows. Feels like carnival vendors.

I feel the same way. I believe I've gone to my last gun show.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: rex47
at gun show yesterday, 4 different tables of same knives, all had dif. story on where they were CUSTOM made. Very nice looking skiners with bone or horn handles $85-100 All had different reason for NO makers mark.
I had more fun playing with these folks than any thing else.
most are Pakistan made
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 06:57 PM

I don't go to gun shows anymore. Prices are too high.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/12/17 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
I don't go to gun shows anymore. Prices are too high.
Posted By: Bama2

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/13/17 04:18 PM

I stopped selling my knives at gun shows it seemed people didn't really want Handmade knives they were more interested in those Pakistani knives your talking about. But the LoneStar Knife expo is coming up in April and it will feature a bunch of custom knife maker from this Forum and all over Texas.
Posted By: jeffb1911

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/15/17 01:54 AM

I do knife sharpening at the local gunshows. Helps me have a table there to support my gun habit. It is amazing how many people fall for the line of BS about "Damascus" knives........until I show them what real Damascus should look like!
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/15/17 02:07 AM

I came real close to buying one a couple weeks ago. It was just the unknown for me. Dude at the table dint seem to know much and was overly sketchy
Posted By: chopsknives

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/16/17 07:32 PM

knowledge is key to any gun show - especially at the bigger shows (H town, Big D, Ft Worth) There are several very famous makers that attend - not always. If you have questions a little gossip with other vendors helps a lot. I picked up a pair of Case trappers w elephant ivory on them for about half of their value - I told him what i thought they were worth and he still sold em to me! Heck I see the engraver for Colt and many others there all the time. IMO still deals there and you get em by learning and talking! Rule of thumb if it has no makers mark then it's completely worthless to me as I know you can put lipstick on a pig purdy easy! Many of the Paki knives are actually left over shipping containers - slag metal!

Re: Gun show Knives - 03/27/17 01:19 PM

no maker mark, not for me, it is hard to believe 4-5 tables selling the same knives, I guess they sell some, some people have no idea.
Posted By: jstrip1

Re: Gun show Knives - 04/01/17 03:03 AM

Could someone give me the date for the lone star knife show
Posted By: chopsknives

Re: Gun show Knives - 04/01/17 12:32 PM

Today is the Wannenmaker show in Ok. and next weekend is Lone Star knife and Dallas gun collector show at Market Hall - Apeil 8th and 9th
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum