Texas Hunting Forum

Group/Solo Applications

Posted By: Mistereeee

Group/Solo Applications - 08/28/23 06:37 PM

Need everyone's input...

I've been applying the same categories solo, as well as with a buddy. What does this do to my odds in a category? Am I essentially applying twice in each category?

I understand that they use the average of our loyalty points, I guess I'm curious how group apps are treated in the draw.

Thanks for any tips!
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Group/Solo Applications - 08/28/23 10:43 PM

If you're referring to the Drawn Hunt system, then the points will be averaged for the group.

Let's say you have 10 points in Gun Deer Either Sex, and you applied with your buddy who has 6 points...

In this example, your average group points would be... 8 Then they get cubed, 8X8X8=512, so technically you would have 512 entries for that application only.

If you applied for another hunt in this same category solo you would have the 10 points cubed, so you would have 1000 entries.

Does that make sense? [u][/u]
Posted By: DRUNK

Re: Group/Solo Applications - 08/29/23 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mistereeee
Need everyone's input...

I've been applying the same categories solo, as well as with a buddy. What does this do to my odds in a category? Am I essentially applying twice in each category? NO.

I understand that they use the average of our loyalty points, I guess I'm curious how group apps are treated in the draw.

Thanks for any tips!

If you apply as an individual or as a group, your application is treated exactly the same. It's assigned an application number and the points are averaged. There's no advantage to applying as an individual or group unless it lowered or raised your point average. Find people with more points to apply with. smile

The only potential negative to a group application is TPWD does not exceed quotas so applying in a group of 2 could result in not being drawn if your application was picked with only 1 permit remaining.
Posted By: Static1968

Re: Group/Solo Applications - 08/29/23 01:07 PM

you can't enter both ways for the same category and hunt unit.
IE: you can't enter Chapparal Javelina solo and then again with you and your buddy. The system states your applications will be disqualified. But you can enter Chap Javi solo and then Black Gap Javi as a group. Then it all depends on how many points you each have to be averaged out.
Posted By: Mistereeee

Re: Group/Solo Applications - 08/29/23 02:10 PM

I think I was overthinking this whole thing. chicken
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum