Texas Hunting Forum

September 15th Deadline

Posted By: yakinthebox

September 15th Deadline - 09/15/17 04:09 PM

These hunts have a deadline of midnight tonight.

Anyone going to enter last minute?

C'mon tomorrow!!! Can't wait for the results!

September 15
E-Postcard Quail
E-Postcard Youth Deer
Gun Deer - Either Sex
Gun Deer - Management
National Refuge General Deer
National Refuge Youth Deer
USFS Anterless Deer Permit Adult
USFS Anterless Deer Permit Youth
Youth Only Gun Deer - Management
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/15/17 05:00 PM

results usually are posted the next working day, which is Monday. unless they changed from last year.
Posted By: RockDocJoe

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/15/17 06:27 PM

I don't have any in for September 15th, but I'm excited for October 15th!

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/15/17 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogflyer
results usually are posted the next working day, which is Monday. unless they changed from last year.

On the last round they emailed winners on Saturday. I know this because I received 2 emails. Lol
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/15/17 10:37 PM

I've got 4 GDE's and 1 GDM riding on the roulette ball...& 15 GDE LP's that I expect will soon become 16 with my luck on these always hard to win locations. Would really get my jollies if I were to win the Mason Mtn GDM spot with only 4 LP's. ...or as a very old friend was fond of saying..."we'll see again said the Blind Man if that ever happens" on the same kinda ultra long shot deal.
Ron
Posted By: Erny

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 12:38 AM

Good luck all on the draws. Hopping to draw the Chaparral this year. bounce We will all know tommorow.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 02:50 AM

Got 10 GDE Loyalty points riding on 3 locations and 7 GDM Loyalty points riding on 1 location. I expect more loyalty points too, but you never know.
Posted By: lms

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 11:33 AM

I don't worry about loyalty points, I just apply where I want to hunt and hope for the best, cause, "even a blind hog will find an acorn ever now and then".
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 01:11 PM

Not drawn in any of today's drawings. That's actually a good thing. I was drawn earlier for 2 archery hunts so I just put in for points. They really need to have a points only option so folks like me aren't competing with folks that really want to be drawn.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 01:40 PM

Dang, didn't get drawn for anything. Only been drawn twice, in the same year, in my lifetime. I'm soon 63 and I started applying as soon as I was old enough.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 01:47 PM

Yea, I've been really lucky on these draws. Last year I was drawn for multiple hunts as well. This year I got Laguna Atascosa archery deer the second year in a row and I drew Granger archery postcard.

If I could just stick one of those nilgai this year.......
Posted By: CB327

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 02:54 PM

Maybe next time. Good hunting to all that were chosen!
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 03:11 PM

I pulled an Antlerless tag for Alabama Creek WMA!

Haven't hunted since 2014 when we gave up our MLD lease, so I'm pretty stoked. Anyone been out there before?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 04:01 PM

This pending second draw is on all of mine blah

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranch Dog
Dang, didn't get drawn for anything. Only been drawn twice, in the same year, in my lifetime. I'm soon 63 and I started applying as soon as I was old enough.

I'm working on a streak like that lol
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 04:59 PM

Drew for the gun hunt at Laguna Atascosa! Very excited!
Posted By: TomBaty

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 05:18 PM

Got my antlerless permit for Moore Plantation, pending 2nd draw on quail and gun deer.
Posted By: Nathan74

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 07:41 PM

Son and I were selected for two youth hunts. E-Postcard Youth Deer at Guadalupe Delta WMA and National Refuge at Balcones Canyonland. Accepted the Balcones Canyonland hunt but am thinking of passing on the Guadalupe Delta hunt, not sure if the hurricane would have effected the deer hunting. Anyone ever hunt at any of the Guadalupe Delta Units?

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 08:47 PM

I had 4 GDE & 1 GDM in the 9/15 drawings with 15 & 4 LP's...wound up losing one of the GDE's as Not Selected...but still have the rest as Pending 2nd Drawing for all the good that will do for me....so I'll wait for the EMail if/when it happens.

Time to go to work on the last ditch efforts for this year on Family & Friends, then in a couple weeks pick a few places that might be worth the effort and expense to look at for a couple Stand By road trip's that you could string together and could be run for more than a single location on the trip.

Seen it done in the old days by an old late '70's & early '80s retired couple from Amarillo, who were taking 7-10 day trips around any Hunts they had won, all fall to harvest WT's from additional Stand By entries and feed 3 families at home Never tried it myself yet in this new system with the 2nd Drawing deal eating up most of the left over unclaimed Permits.
Ron
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/16/17 09:19 PM

Pending second draw for all of mine.

I did get selected last yr though on a second draw so there is hope.
Posted By: HankTheTank

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/17/17 02:23 AM

Howdy!

Applied for 7 hunts (in GDE, GDM, and NWRGD) and got drawn on Balcones Canyonlands and Laguna Atascosa. Pending 2nd Draw on four others. Super stoked!
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/17/17 02:06 PM

Congrats to everyone who drew, and good luck! I'm batting .000 this year so far, pending second draws, and waiting on a few others.
Posted By: Blank

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/17/17 07:04 PM

Pending second draw for all the ones we put in for. With WT tags in Id, WY, and Kansas this year I probably didn't need a gun hunt anyway!

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/18/17 08:24 PM

I drew 2 archery hunts. Laguna Atascosa and Lower Rio Grande Valley. They are the same weekends so I chose LA.

Didn't hit on any of the GDE's or the Quail. Loyalty points for the future!

My brother did get a antlerless permit for Bannister WMA... You can only enter that category per person and he drew and I didn't. Sucks. Oh well, next year!

Now I'm only waiting on;

E-Postcard Feral Hog at Gus Engling
E-Postcard Multi Species at Chaparral
E-Postcard Waterfowl at Gus Engling
E-Postcard Waterfowl at Keechi Creek
E-Postcard Waterfowl at Richland Creek
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: lms
I don't worry about loyalty points, I just apply where I want to hunt and hope for the best, cause, "even a blind hog will find an acorn ever now and then".

I have had those years too, but last year this old blind hog found his acorn. I was drawn on the Private lands in Pecos Co. Able to take a management Mule deer buck. It was my trophy and proud to be able to take it. This year I put in for the usual list of sites and dang if I didn't cash in on Honey Creek SNA. I will savor the trip as I have always enjoyed the draw hunts. I can say over the 30 plus years of trying and sometimes being lucky it has been a great program.
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

Mine too When will we now results of second draw

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: 10pointers
Originally Posted By: Navasot

Mine too When will we now results of second draw

The winners have 10 days to pay their permit fees. If they don't pay, there will be a secondary drawing the next day. So it should be by the 26th(ish).

Good luck on second draw! I'm hoping to snag a second draw too!!!

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 04:57 PM

If you hit a Hunt on the 2nd Draw...you know that the Gods of Chance are smiling on you and you need to beat feet to a Lottery Ticket Outlet with your last $ and GO FOR IT....or not... bolt
Ron

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
If you hit a Hunt on the 2nd Draw...you know that the Gods of Chance are smiling on you and you need to beat feet to a Lottery Ticket Outlet with your last $ and GO FOR IT....or not... bolt
Ron

You don't put that evil on me there is still hope!
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 06:24 PM

Looks like I got Kerr WMA Management and Lower Rio Grande NR Whitetail.

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/19/17 11:15 PM

...just checked my Status and there's still 3 GDE's & a GDM on 2nd Drawing ....all 4 locations are high traffic entry's so if by some weird happenstance I wind up with any of them you betcha your bottom dollar I'll hit the Lottery Shop for PowerBall tickets for sure...
Ron

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/25/17 10:58 AM

Just checked my Draw Status for the 4 remaining GDE & GDM Last App date of 9/15 Hunts, and they are all still tagged as "Pending 2nd Drawing" ...and then I am done for 2017's Drawings.

Spring Turkey ans Mule Deer are still open for Applications this morning. Good Luck Ya'll
Ron

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/26/17 11:22 AM

???? My STATUS Sheet has been cropped on the right side past the hunt date column ... so they must be updating the 9/15 App 2nd Drawing results right now...here's hoping I don't get skunked again...Good Luck Ya'll
Ron
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/26/17 12:02 PM

All my "pending second draws" are now "Not selected" for the 15th Sept hunts.
Good luck to those who've drawn.

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/26/17 02:05 PM

My remaining 3 GDE & 1 GDM App's went "Not Selected" as I preducted & expected and now have 15 LP's in GDE and 5 LP's in GDM & 18LP's in EXO ....you'd think I could get lucky somewhere with ?? 15-16 App's or more in just those 3 categories, and got 13 LP's in Spring turkey that I'll never use since the Rules have changed from back when several Hunts allowed exotics to be taken too, bur only with a shotgun and slugs
Ron
Posted By: CB327

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/26/17 11:47 PM

I was picked for “Not Selected” hunts. moose elmer aim
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/27/17 02:00 AM

I am probably the only one happy about not being picked and drawing a sigh of relief when seeing not selected.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/27/17 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobbaganoosh
All my "pending second draws" are now "Not selected" for the 15th Sept hunts.
Good luck to those who've drawn.
Same here. Only hunts I have left are Gun Mule Deer

Re: September 15th Deadline - 09/27/17 03:01 PM

Right there with you! I got picked for the Archery Deer hunt at Laguna Atascosa NWR and that trip is turning out to be a bank buster.

Kind of had a sigh of relief when they all went to not selected. I'll have LP's for next year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum