Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody hunting Lake Lavon?

Posted By: texasbowhunter321

Anybody hunting Lake Lavon? - 08/25/14 04:22 PM

I just renewed my Lavon Lake hunting permit, and I was checking out the posted hunter survey results on their site. The hog results seem to be in a steady decline over the past few years.

The last time I was at Lake Lavon I hunted zone 3, but I didn't see anything. Has anybody had any luck lately hunting hogs at Lake Lavon and which zone?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Anybody hunting Lake Lavon? - 08/26/14 03:59 PM

Lake Lavon not the only place seeing a decline in hogs offtopic i think theirs a squash out thar back were do most of my hog hunts took 4 & meet some friends for a hunt & with-in 10 min. they had 3 hogs down. taken lots of video's in the past, call them the good ol days, they keep telling me they'll be back. like pappy always say's: the easy part was finding the hogs . best wishes edit: that was few years back, flag
Posted By: chesterc

Re: Anybody hunting Lake Lavon? - 08/26/14 09:25 PM

This past season I went rabbit hunting there a few times. I scouted for hogs, mostly on the West side of the lake, but didn't have much luck.
Posted By: HogBane

Re: Anybody hunting Lake Lavon? - 08/27/14 06:32 AM

I got this one at Lavon few years ago. Its a difficult place to hunt unless your place backs up to it. I think they planed it that way. It took 4 months of scouting, tracking, camera recon, being busted by him at least two times... before I got "lucky" on this wise old boar.
Posted By: texasbowhunter321

Re: Anybody hunting Lake Lavon? - 08/28/14 04:49 AM

awesome hog!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum