Texas Hunting Forum

lbj

Posted By: lk05077

lbj - 04/22/14 06:14 PM

anyone having luck turkey hunting lbj are the Turkey gobling at all thinking of going out friday afternoon and teying again to get my 6 year old on a bird this will be her 3rd try and has not seen or hear anything yet triec lbj once allready but it is only an hour away so will tey again. just seeig if anyone is having any luck.
Posted By: Booner1

Re: lbj - 04/24/14 02:52 AM

Sent you a p.m.
Posted By: sethcros

Re: lbj - 07/20/14 01:34 PM

Don't let anyone tell you that there aren't deer at LBJ. Now...I didn't say they were shooters...lol still pretty cool.

Posted By: Sneaky

Re: lbj - 07/20/14 05:12 PM

They look like shooters to me.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: lbj - 07/24/14 01:49 PM

The bow and arrow boys at TBH sure like LBJ.

Re: lbj - 07/24/14 01:59 PM

Yeah that thread over there has a lot of activity. I'm not a bow hunter but I enjoy the site.

Re: lbj - 07/24/14 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: sethcros
Yeah that thread over there has a lot of activity. I'm not a bow hunter but I enjoy the site.

Same here. I hunt primarily with traditional blackpowder arms which isn't much different than bowhunting at times.

Re: lbj - 07/24/14 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Originally Posted By: sethcros

Same here. I hunt primarily with traditional blackpowder arms which isn't much different than bowhunting at times.

I think I want to start muzzle loading so that I don't have to use a shotgun all of the time out there. It ain't my best weapon for sure.

Re: lbj - 07/24/14 04:48 PM

Well, the inlines are certainly capable of nearly modern rifle performance, plus they are fairly inexpensive. You should try it.

Re: lbj - 07/27/14 02:08 PM

I really want to go out and check my cams, but it's so dang hot. Mowing yesterday nearly did me in with the heat. I won't be able to check them next week because I'm going on vacation, so it will be almost three weeks since I've checked them! That makes me crazy!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: lbj - 08/04/14 11:15 PM

I know exactly where that water hole is located. I hunted LBJ for years back in the early 80s. Killed a buck every year. This was before antler restrictions though.

Re: lbj - 08/06/14 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I know exactly where that water hole is located. I hunted LBJ for years back in the early 80s. Killed a buck every year. This was before antler restrictions though.

Yeah that water hole got filled out by the rain storms we had recently, and it became a mosquito night club. I had a tough time getting my what turned out to be ruined camera out of there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum