Texas Hunting Forum

Armasight Watchman IR Illuminator

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Armasight Watchman IR Illuminator - 03/09/24 07:53 PM

If you are hunting with digital night vision and are wanting to upgrade to a better IR illuminator and spot and maybe shoot critters at long range, have you considered the Armasight Watchman? If not? Don't. The light itself is outstanding and probably 2nd to the Coyote Cannon but the Coyote Cannon is a good bit larger and I wasn't looking for bulk and I don't see myself shooting 1000 yards ( roflmao), so I thought I might try the Watchman which is a bit smaller (who needs more bulk?). The problem with the light is that the parts don't fit well together and when you zoom down the beam, it goes from a little loose to downright sloppy. If I knew then what I knew now, it would be a $200 hard pass for me.

Posted By: scot

Re: Armasight Watchman IR Illuminator - 03/09/24 08:14 PM

Certainly not high on build quality but the Ultrafire Amazon special has exceeded expectations for $50.
Posted By: icanski2

Re: Armasight Watchman IR Illuminator - 05/08/24 06:58 PM

[quote= The problem with the light is that the parts don't fit well together and when you zoom down the beam, it goes from a little loose to downright sloppy. If I knew then what I knew now, it would be a $200 hard pass for me.

That's defiantly not right. I'd call Sightmark. They have always been helpful when I've called them. I put one my wife's AR to use with a Sightmark Wraith 4K max it it works real good for us. I got rid of the POS mount it comes with and replaced with a Wicked Hunting Lights GEN4 Quick Detach mount. The focus feels tight and smooth on mine when rotating. This light replaced a UniqueFire 1605N Vcsel from Amazon which was better than the Sightmark light that came with it but it still sucked. This thing will reach out and illuminate a hell of a lot farther than I'll ever use it for.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Armasight Watchman IR Illuminator - 05/09/24 06:49 PM

This thread has gone off track

offtopic

back

Excellent info for folks looking to spend some money on IR lights
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum