Texas Hunting Forum

Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders

Posted By: postoak

Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/16/15 07:34 PM

I notice they sell rangefinders but do these things also function as binoculars?

If they don't then why does anyone buy just a rangefinder or just a binocular for hunting? Seems to me range-finding binoculars would be the only way to go.
Posted By: southern_fowler

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/16/15 07:58 PM

they are, I love my geovids

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/16/15 08:12 PM

Ouch, $1549-$3149 depending on the power and size. I bet they are nice.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/16/15 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: RLUM

Ditto. I made the decision a long time ago preparing for an elk hunt that I didn't want both. I wanted one unit to do it all. At the time, Leica was the only one in the market that offered a range finding binocular. Now Swaroski is in the game. I wouldn't hesitate to own either, but I will say that Leica having their range in red makes it much easier to read in low light conditions.

It's the best piece of hunting equipment I've ever purchased!
Posted By: southern_fowler

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/16/15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: postoak
Ouch, $1549-$3149 depending on the power and size. I bet they are nice.

Buy once, Cry once
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/16/15 10:53 PM

The Bushnells work great as well..
And Steiner has some too

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 01:41 AM

Bushnell 8x32s are $897.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho

Ditto. I made the decision a long time ago preparing for an elk hunt that I didn't want both. I wanted one unit to do it all. At the time, Leica was the only one in the market that offered a range finding binocular. Now Swaroski is in the game. I wouldn't hesitate to own either, but I will say that Leica having their range in red makes it much easier to read in low light conditions.

Swaro is suppose to be revamping theirs this year. Hope the paid attention to the new Leica's and put the button on the right
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Swaro is suppose to be revamping theirs this year. Hope the paid attention to the new Leica's and put the button on the right

I've thought long and hard about selling mine and going to the HD-B models for the instant ballistic output and range.

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

I've thought long and hard about selling mine and going to the HD-B models for the instant ballistic output and range.

I used the geo's a lot last 2 years in CO. But the HD-B is a big step up not only ballistics but ergonomics wise. I was about to buy the hD-B but holding off to see what Swaro does in May.

Lecia also has large feild of veiw
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 04:06 PM

I have been eying the HD-B as well just wish had more feedback on how well the ballistic program works

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
I have been eying the HD-B as well just wish had more feedback on how well the ballistic program works

Think g7 did the program so it should be pretty functional
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/17/15 04:39 PM

I have a burris eliminator III for sale in the clasifieds, does it all and is 4-16x50 scope as well.

info on it.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/elimi...scope-4-16x50mm

it is just a whole lot more scope than I needed for what I am doing, going with all night vision. this one works excellent with green light at night by the way.
Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/18/15 03:43 AM

I also love my 10x42 hd geovids.
Been curious on the new swaros and hd-b leicas.
Cant see not having them now
Posted By: igordon81

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/18/15 04:37 AM

I picked up a set of the Swaro EL 10x42s last year, and ran with them this season. It's a tough pill to swallow, but 100% worth it. Best addition to the bag in years.
Posted By: spg

Re: Range-finding binoculars VS binos and rangefinders - 02/18/15 07:51 AM

G7 BR2 is a handy tool if you shoot long range.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum