Texas Hunting Forum

DFW Area Deer Hunting Riflescope Suggestions

Posted By: Daddy Wilson of Denton

DFW Area Deer Hunting Riflescope Suggestions - 09/19/14 08:18 AM

Hello again. While I continue my search for a "decent" rifle deer hunting rifle chambered in .270 from what I've seen/read (Tikka/Sako/Savage/etc. - Lefty Bolt), I also realize that the scope will be equally as important. I tried a search for deer hunting scope and deer optic on the forum, but no real clear results so I apologize if this a redundant request. As far as specs go, I've seen mainly the "classic" 3-9x40 and 2-7x30 for magnification/diameter. I've was looking at the Nikon Prostaff, but from reading a few posts under optics, I question whether the $119 - $150 scope will be high enough quality glass. I'm open to all opinions/suggestions with respects to specs (mag/diameter) and make/models as this will be my first time hunting deer or with a rifle. Thanks.
Posted By: dee

Re: DFW Area Deer Hunting Riflescope Suggestions - 09/19/14 11:51 AM

Will it work sure but may not work as well as others. Glass is one thing I don't like to skimp on as decent glass won't fog up or have issue's in extreme conditions. Good glass will also let you see better at the 30 minutes before and after sunup/sunset where others may not. You can hit up swfa and look at a ton of scopes in hand. Just remember don't judge them by looking through inside of the store.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: DFW Area Deer Hunting Riflescope Suggestions - 09/19/14 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: dee
Will it work sure but may not work as well as others. Glass is one thing I don't like to skimp on as decent glass won't fog up or have issue's in extreme conditions. Good glass will also let you see better at the 30 minutes before and after sunup/sunset where others may not. You can hit up swfa and look at a ton of scopes in hand. Just remember don't judge them by looking through inside of the store.

+1
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: DFW Area Deer Hunting Riflescope Suggestions - 09/19/14 11:40 PM

Check out SWFA Sample List. They often times have some pretty good deals there. If all you are going to do is hunt 200-250 I would recommend Zeiss Conquest. For the money they have great glass.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum