Texas Hunting Forum

Bushnell wont swap reticles.

Posted By: J.G.

Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 07/31/14 08:41 PM

I have an Elite Tactical 4500 Mil/Mil FFP with an old skewl Mil dot reticle. I found the BTR-Mil and a second choice the G2 DMR reticles. I called and asked if Icould send in my scope and have them retro-fit it with one of the new reticles as the Mil dot was the only thing available when I purchased my scope. I like everythig about it, and the reticle is fine, but there are better ones available.

"We used to do custom work about ten years ago, and since the company has grown we have decided that we no longer offer those types of services". "I dont know if there is another company you can send it to to have a different reticle installed".

My reply was yes other companies, Vortex for instance, will retrofit scopes, but I'm pretty sure they are only going to work on tgeir products. Thanks anyways.

Oh, well worth a try. I have a thousand dollar scope that us 90-95% like I want it.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 07/31/14 09:31 PM

That really is a shame that they won't do what you ask. I'm really happy with the new reticles that Leupold put in a couple of my scopes. That TMR reticle in the 6.5-20 is terrific. Easily my favorite reticle in any scope.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 07/31/14 10:11 PM

Are the Bushnells made in America?
Posted By: dee

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 07/31/14 10:47 PM

They are made in Japan at least mine are.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 07/31/14 11:50 PM

I wonder if Bushnell even has a service center in the USA? Maybe that's really why they quit doing custom work.

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/01/14 01:13 AM

Their website showed Overland Park, KS for customer service. But who knows how big that facility is.
Posted By: rjd

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/01/14 03:30 AM

Quit buying Bushsmell because their customer service is a joke. Their warrenty is as good as the person at their facility feels when you talk to them. They are the only firearm related company I have had negative experience with.

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/01/14 11:40 AM

Elite and tactical line have a complete different warranty setup.

Jason you might search over on the hide one of the main reps for the tac line hung around a lot in years past and likely still does.He might be able to give you some insight into this. If you do get in touch ask him when they are going to do a moa/moa scope I'm ready.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/01/14 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Their website showed Overland Park, KS for customer service. But who knows how big that facility is.

I won't say that Bushnell has the "best" customer service but they have done well by me. I called them on a spotting scope that I bought from Cabela's catalog in 1979 (this happened about 18 months ago) so the spotter was 35+ years old. My rear lens finally gave loose after all those years and I was going to trash it but thought what the heck. Got it back in two weeks and has been working great no charge except shipping.

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/01/14 01:13 PM

Alright I'll see if I can track him down. I'll ask about MOA but I wont be shocked if he says never.

DStroud thats a good story. They did you right.

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/01/14 02:05 PM

I wouldn't be shocked with that answer either. Although they say they offer the lrh in a moa setup.
Posted By: shipwreck

Re: Bushnell wont swap reticles. - 08/03/14 01:10 PM

Sorry to hear that they won't help you in that regard....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum