Texas Hunting Forum

Night vision scope....who is using what?????

Posted By: Chris001

Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/12/13 04:08 AM

Getting ready to spend some money on one of these and was wondering what is being used out their. And other opinions on them.
Posted By: TNVC-Victor

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/12/13 09:31 PM

What is your requirements? Monocular, dedicated or Clip-on?

Also, budget and how far do you want to see and shoot at?

Vic
Posted By: XBowHunter

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/12/13 09:38 PM

Here to learn...
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/12/13 10:36 PM

Which ones have you looking at Chris?
Posted By: gunslinger922

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 12:20 AM

If limited budget, like many of us, IMO you can't go wrong with the Pulsar N750 digital nv. Easily good out to 100+ yards. Love mine. Also can be used in the daytime.
Posted By: HogAssassin

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 01:14 AM

Anyone know where to find a good price on a n750??
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 01:40 AM

PM Bearclaw on the forum, he will give you a good deal on a N750...other than that, online you will be ale to price shop.
Posted By: Chris001

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 04:54 AM

Havent really got anything in mind yet, budget is around 2500. Looking for somthing for some hog hunting at night. Just looking for some ideas now and a direction to look. Also would like it good for 200 yards or so. Been looking at the armasight vulcan 3.5-7, it ranges from around 2500 to 3000.
Posted By: BUDH

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 03:15 PM

For me, I went with a PVS14, due to the versatility it offers. You're not limited to just a scope. I can drive/walk and stalk as a monocular, then slip it on the scope when the target has been acquired. It's the best of both worlds, and has worked out really well for me.

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 04:06 PM

Hi Chris, take a look at the Gen 3 M845. http://tnvc.com/shop/m845-mk-4-2-8x-gen3-shp-red-dot-sight/ It truly is the best bang for your resolution dollar. Made in the USA, built like a tank as well.

We sell a good amount of these units. I cannot say enough about these scopes. They also have some of the best FOV along with a very fast acquiring variable brightness 2 MOA dot. They are also rated and warrantied on recoil up to and including 7.62 x 51 NATO

Vic

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 04:24 PM

Several folks have PM'd asking about IR illumination. Even the best Gen 3 systems may need help in an extremely dark environment. NV is a light amplification device and would not work in a cave were you could not see you hand in front of your face.

We also produce our TNVC Torch Pro. It can be purchased as a stand alone head as well if you have a G2 or 6P body housing. The Torch Pro will also allow for use with all the Surefire tape switches.

The unit has a silky smooth rotating bezel that adjusts from 1 deg to a 10 deg flood beam for short ranges. IR ange at the 1 deg setting is 800 yards +.

http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-torch-pro-infrared-illuminator/
http://tnvc.com/shop/torch-pro-infrared-illuminator-head-module/
Posted By: southern_fowler

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/13/13 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BUDH
For me, I went with a PVS14, due to the versatility it offers. You're not limited to just a scope. I can drive/walk and stalk as a monocular, then slip it on the scope when the target has been acquired. It's the best of both worlds, and has worked out really well for me.

+1 and an IR laser
Posted By: HogAssassin

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/17/13 10:12 PM

How much '' better'' is the m845 than the n750
Posted By: KillinSwede

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/17/13 10:41 PM

I asked about 1.5 million questions about this topic and ended up with a PVS-14 that does a couple of night vision related tasks. Bought one used from Ident Marking in Rockwall. Very happy with it.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/18/13 01:26 AM

Put a nice Nikon Monarch or such on your rifle and then add an ATN PS-22. It is a great combo and you can go day/night without have to re-sight in a rifle or any major hassles.
Posted By: patriot_6.8

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/25/13 02:26 AM

I have a PVS8 and a PEQ4 laser. The PVS8 is a Gen 3 and is simply amazing out to 400-600yds. The laser will work out to about a mile. Yes you will needs some IR assistance in some instances but for close up work the PVS8 has an IR built in that will work for clearing rooms or out to about 50yds, I put a Surefire light on that has an IR filter on it and I am good to go.
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/25/13 03:39 AM

I'm using a pvs14 as well. Scanning with a rifle gets real old real quick. Using it as a monocular then slapping it behind some optics , or just having a ir laser with it helmet mounted is ur best options
Posted By: robbf213

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/25/13 12:49 PM

PVS 14 on a helmet and PEQ15 laser. Surefire 952v light on M4 and Surefire M1 on helmet for navigation. I highly recommend Victor and his crew at TNVC for anything NV related.

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/25/13 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TNVC-Victor
Several folks have PM'd asking about IR illumination. Even the best Gen 3 systems may need help in an extremely dark environment. NV is a light amplification device and would not work in a cave were you could not see you hand in front of your face.

We also produce our TNVC Torch Pro. It can be purchased as a stand alone head as well if you have a G2 or 6P body housing. The Torch Pro will also allow for use with all the Surefire tape switches.

The unit has a silky smooth rotating bezel that adjusts from 1 deg to a 10 deg flood beam for short ranges. IR ange at the 1 deg setting is 800 yards +.

http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-torch-pro-infrared-illuminator/
http://tnvc.com/shop/torch-pro-infrared-illuminator-head-module/

Plus I might add NO SALES TAX for all you Texans! Sales tax can get pricy for NV gear. smile
Posted By: lglidewell

Re: Night vision scope....who is using what????? - 11/26/13 06:34 PM

PVS14 with a AN/PAQ-4c.

x2 what tannerlst said.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum