Texas Hunting Forum

Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed

Posted By: DannyB

Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 04:25 AM

Do you think if Hillary wins that the value of weapons affected by the Assault Weapon Bill, that expired, will go up or down? I'm referring to everything defined by that bill, including high-cap mags.

I'm of the opinion that she is so evil, and so supported by her cause, that these weapons will be outlawed. We will be given a date to turn them in, or be subject to a federal felony.

Please skip the BS about your AR sinking in your boat, or burning up in your backyard shed. Just an opinion poll here.

Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 04:28 AM

Making a run to the store for tin foil. My hat was a failure with what I had on hand.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Making a run to the store for tin foil. My hat was a failure with what I had on hand.

Funny---you obviously haven't paid attention to the scope of their crimes. People that used to be near them are buried in the ground.
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 04:34 AM

I'm just waiting for all my ARs to be considered pre-ban so I can retire
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 04:35 AM

I was already willing to die for my country once I'm not scared to do it again this time fighting against our government if it ever got to that point
Posted By: Rockjockey

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 01:54 PM

Scary to think what she might do, we need to get everyone out to vote against the corruption while we still have the opportunity.
Posted By: 91cavgt

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I was already willing to die for my country once I'm not scared to do it again this time fighting against our government if it ever got to that point

Yep, the oath I took did not have an expiration date.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 91cavgt

THANK YOU both!! up

I didn't serve, but I'd be proud to stand with you guys if the need arose.
Posted By: mikeydon

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/03/16 11:41 PM

flag Took mine in March of 72,Class of 72 swore we WOULD defend the CONSTITUTION against ALL FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC flag

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeydon

flag Took mine in March of 72,Class of 72 swore we WOULD defend the CONSTITUTION against ALL FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC flag

Took mine in December of 93.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 03:45 AM

Phased approach. First grandfathered, then confiscated.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 11:22 AM

Grandfathered only if you register them. Then they will know where to start the confiscation.
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: mikeydon

Took mine in December of 93.

But who would you be killing? Other Americans? scratch...and that over a ban on ARs?? Nah, no you wouldnt. The last time they did it nobody did a dang thing.
Posted By: dperk23

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 01:31 PM

They can have my guns.............when they're empty

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 03:39 PM

But who would you be killing? Other Americans? scratch...and that over a ban on ARs?? Nah, no you wouldnt. The last time they did it nobody did a dang thing. [/quote]

You obviously don't get it.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/04/16 04:40 PM

But who would you be killing? Other Americans? scratch...and that over a ban on ARs?? Nah, no you wouldnt. The last time they did it nobody did a dang thing.

You obviously don't get it. [/quote] if they are willing to go against the constitution to take my guns then there isn't much American about them. They might as well be jihadist.
Posted By: Squatch

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/05/16 01:44 AM

You obviously don't get it.
if they are willing to go against the constitution to take my guns then there isn't much American about them. They might as well be jihadist. [/quote]

up
Posted By: texretvet

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/06/16 02:04 AM

This sounds like the beginnings of the 1st Troop of THF Cavalry. I'm in.
Posted By: mightyp

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/06/16 09:46 PM

I think any new AWB will be much stricter than the last one,all they did was ban cosmetic stuff(flash,suppressors,bayonet lugs,folding stocks) and mags over 10 rnds could not be manufactured for public sales with the 1st one. You could still go out and buy a brand new AR(minus all the "evil" features) or buy "high" capacity mags of existing stock. It really did nothing but drive up prices,you could still get whatever you wanted. I would imagine any new ban will try and correct that and won't have the sunset clause of the previous one.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: texretvet

This sounds like the beginnings of the 1st Troop of THF Cavalry. I'm in.

Count this old grunt in too.... flag
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 04:18 PM

Absolutely, at some point you have to be willing to fight and die for what you believe in and what is right, regardless whether it's legal or not.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 05:29 PM

Amen
Posted By: passthru

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 05:42 PM

Checks and balances.

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Checks and balances.

..... no longer work so we should replace that system with gun powder and lead.

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 08:56 PM

Ok so what's the line? Is it a ban on high cap mags? Semi auto? At what point do you shoot americans? And who do you think will enforce any ban? Nobody did last time!

Oh I get it sapper, you're not the only one who's taken oaths and fought. up

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/07/16 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Checks and balances.

..... no longer work so we should replace that system with gun powder and lead.

Ok rofl who did you shoot when Clinton did it?? Who did you shoot in 1986 when the full auto ban went in??? Oh yeah, nobody.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/08/16 01:28 AM

I didn't vote for Obama, but "We the People" elected him not once, but twice! I personally think that Hillary belongs in jail along with Obama after being convicted of treason.

But if she wins, "We the People" will have spoken yet again. These politicians don't just walk in and take office. America puts them there. Blame needs to be placed properly......squarely on the voters of this country.

Shooting the people who caused this? Really?

My time and energy is better invested educating the under informed voters who allow this to happen because they just don't know. If each patriot who respects the constitution converted two who didn't - we wouldn't be in this situation.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/08/16 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Marc in Bastrop
My time and energy is better invested educating the under informed voters who allow this to happen because they just don't know. If each patriot who respects the constitution converted two who didn't - we wouldn't be in this situation.

The problem is the Dems/Libs won't listen. They are blinded by hand-outs, we-need-the-first-black-prez, we-need-the-the-first-female-prez, and whatever else or simply think they are smarter so why listen.

I have a life long friend who is a fence voter - his wife is too. They voted both times for Obummer. Recently said they have finally learned their lesson and have committed to abandoning support of the Dems starting with this election. They don't need or get handouts and they are smart people. But I think they would only be self-educated with regards to big politics meaning nothing I could have said would have changed their minds.

I know another guy who claims he too is a fence voter but is voting for Clinton. He says Trump is unqualified and a liar and Clinton has vast experience. Tried enlightening him. Didn't last long.

The vast majority of them can't be reached, can't be saved. So they'll drag us down with them.

<sarcasm>
So I'm trying to figure out when I'll abandon the working class and jump on the government dole. It'd be a sweet life! Already have a nice home, nice vehicles, toys, cash, retirement... and soon you suckers to pay me to not work! Why wouldn't I?!

Mooch - the *new* American dream!
</sarcasm>
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/09/16 02:31 AM

My wife and I are self employed. I do understand your sarcasm.......
Sending in quarterly tax payments, paying $1700./mo for health insurance with a $6K deductible, and $600 per month for property taxes in Bastrop County instead of $250 a few years ago before the fire. We don't make that kind of money!

Why am I doing this? I begin to wonder if I would live better suckling on the public teat.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/09/16 05:51 PM

Everyone...relax. R-E-L-A-X, relax.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Assault Weapons Bill if Renewed - 11/09/16 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Everyone...relax. R-E-L-A-X, relax.

Yup....nevermind.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum