Texas Hunting Forum

Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act

Posted By: First_Chance

Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 06:12 PM

http://k2radio.com/wyoming-lawmakers-propose-gun-protection-legislation/

This might have legs... c'mon Texas, can we get a "hell-yeah" for a bill proposal in our legislature? We sure have the republican votes right now to pass it.
Posted By: texoma2010

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 06:17 PM

x2
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 06:18 PM

Better get after it pretty quickly.
Posted By: gnslinger

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 06:40 PM

That's some good news for a change! Good for Wyoming!
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 07:13 PM

Thank god for Federalism.. Last I checked Wyoming has as many Seantors are those hippies in California do.
Posted By: Chris/HOU

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 07:14 PM

We had better follow their lead.
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 09:53 PM

This is why we got a farm in WY and plan to leave TX soon. As much as I love Texas, they have it figured out up there. Low crime, low taxes, jobs, and motivation. If every state could run like WY, we would be a much stronger union.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/10/13 10:59 PM

Just sent my State Senator and Reps an Email for this.
Posted By: centurion2000

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 12:57 AM

We need to get this done in Texas ASAP.
Posted By: jab3006

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 02:01 AM

HELL YEAHˇ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: target1911

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: jab3006
HELL YEAHˇ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon TEXAS. Don't give me a reason to move to WY
Posted By: BMD

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: centurion2000
We need to get this done in Texas ASAP.
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 02:32 AM

Although it sounds great on the surface, I'm not sure how this will play out in a real-world scenario. Whenever a state law falls in conflict with a federal law, the federal law will prevail. So, Wyoming's legislation may be nothing more than a symbolic gesture.

That said, if Texas and other red states join Wyoming and pass similar statutes, it will create a nightmare for the federal enforecement of any gun restrictions. Count me as another supporter of states rights in this matter.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 02:44 AM

Hell yeah
Posted By: Jimbo302

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: jensent
This is why we got a farm in WY and plan to leave TX soon. As much as I love Texas, they have it figured out up there. Low crime, low taxes, jobs, and motivation. If every state could run like WY, we would be a much stronger union.

I have been looking at land in Wyoming for some time now. This us just another reason to continue for me.
Posted By: Chris/HOU

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: dawaba
Although it sounds great on the surface, I'm not sure how this will play out in a real-world scenario. Whenever a state law falls in conflict with a federal law, the federal law will prevail. So, Wyoming's legislation may be nothing more than a symbolic gesture.

That said, if Texas and other red states join Wyoming and pass similar statutes, it will create a nightmare for the federal enforecement of any gun restrictions. Count me as another supporter of states rights in this matter.

You can look at the States that have medical marijuana and now legal marijuana to see how the fed reacts. Difference here is that WY wants to arrest the feds if they interfere. Could be interesting.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 03:35 AM

up
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Wyoming proposes "gun protection" act - 01/11/13 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris/HOU
Originally Posted By: dawaba

You can look at the States that have medical marijuana and now legal marijuana to see how the fed reacts. Difference here is that WY wants to arrest the feds if they interfere. Could be interesting.

Of course, it all depends on how badly the US wants to enforce the mandate. If the Dems win the mid-term elections in 2 years and take back the House, they could really create some havoc.

Remember back in the mid-50s when the federal court ordered the forceful integration of Little Rock Central High School? Governor Orville Faubus ordered the national guard to block the admission of the black students into the school. But President Eisenhower over-rode Faubus and ordered the same national guardsmen to ensure that the federal court order was followed. Guess who won that showdown?

And a couple decades later here in Texas, Federal judge William Wayne Justice ordered the Texas TDC to build more prison cells to relieve a perceived over-crowding situation. Then-governor Bill Clements publicly proclaimed that Texas would not build more prisons and would only consider pitching army tents on the prison grounds, saying that if tents were OK for our GIs serving in WW II, they'd be OK for prisoners. Judge Justice intimated that if Gov Clements embarked on such an endeavor, he would hold the Texas governor in contempt of court. Guess who won that showdown? Texas promptly began the biggest prison building program ever seen in our state.

So....the moral of this story is that saber rattling is fine and dandy, but if the Feds want to have their way, they will prevail.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum