Texas Hunting Forum

Ar's vs. Semi-Auto Pistols

Posted By: cephus

Ar's vs. Semi-Auto Pistols - 01/10/13 04:06 PM

We hear all this talk about how AR's are bad and allow more casualties in these shootings, blah blah blah. But I have yet to hear someone point out to the media that the pistols these guys have on them shoot just as fast as these AR's do. I think the majority of gun grabbers have never actually grabbed a gun and are highly uneducated in regards to guns.

There is a common misconception that these AR's are fully auto...

I guess this is why they are going after high cap mags too.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Ar's vs. Semi-Auto Pistols - 01/10/13 05:50 PM

Well delete your post so they don't find out!
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Ar's vs. Semi-Auto Pistols - 01/10/13 05:55 PM

I actually think it is the other way around...

Speaking entirely theoretically - They are smart people (even if I disagree with them) and they know semi-auto handguns are just as potentially dangerous when not used carefully. Once they have a strangle hold on semi-auto rifles, it is a very easy / slippery step to extend that strangle hold to semi-auto pistols. But, they also know that a ton more people own semi-auto handguns than semi-auto rifles, and that semi-auto rifles (ARs, AKs, whatever else) are easier to be demonized in the media. It is, therefore, easier for them simply first to go after semi-auto rifles than the whole batch of semi-auto firearms all at once.

Eh?
Posted By: cephus

Re: Ar's vs. Semi-Auto Pistols - 01/10/13 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: jdk1985

Speaking entirely theoretically - They are smart people (even if I disagree with them) and they know semi-auto handguns are just as potentially dangerous when not used carefully. Once they have a strangle hold on semi-auto rifles, it is a very easy / slippery step to extend that strangle hold to semi-auto pistols. But, they also know that a ton more people own semi-auto handguns than semi-auto rifles, and that semi-auto rifles (ARs, AKs, whatever else) are easier to be demonized in the media. It is, therefore, easier for them simply first to go after semi-auto rifles than the whole batch of semi-auto firearms all at once.

Eh?

I completely agree with you.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Ar's vs. Semi-Auto Pistols - 01/11/13 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: cephus
Originally Posted By: jdk1985

Eh?

I completely agree with you.

Yep the erosion of rights. It is happening.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum