Posted By: bill oxner

Autumn leaves - 10/21/20 09:05 PM

Mulch, blow, rake, or mow them off?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/21/20 09:09 PM

Mow/Rake and burn.

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/21/20 09:17 PM

I mow mine clockwise in a circle then come back mowing them toward my neighbors yard. I let the leaves in my beds compost.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/21/20 09:44 PM

Blow and burn.

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/21/20 10:51 PM

Someone posted up a light heardted thread similar to this several years ago. He included photo of his beautiful children playing in the leaves. Reminded me of a Normal Rockwell painting such as this.

[Linked Image]

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/22/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Someone posted up a light heardted thread similar to this several years ago. He included photo of his beautiful children playing in the leaves. Reminded me of a Normal Rockwell painting such as this.

[Linked Image]

I always take the leaves in a huge pile for my nieces and nephew to jump in, then sometimes I'll throw some small logs on the middle, light the pile on fire, wait for the logs to start burning then make S'mores.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/25/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

[Linked Image]

I always take the leaves in a huge pile for my nieces and nephew to jump in, then sometimes I'll throw some small logs on the middle, light the pile on fire, wait for the logs to start burning then make S'mores.

Smores cooked over human flesh. Delicious. food
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/26/20 11:23 PM

I let the wind do it's Job.

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/26/20 11:29 PM

You can see my windrow near my neighbors yard at the bottom of the photo.

[Linked Image]

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/27/20 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Erathkid

[Linked Image]

Smores cooked over human flesh. Delicious. food

clap
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/27/20 06:19 AM

We don't have an Autumn here. Would be cool I guess, if we had an Autumn.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/27/20 06:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Leaf smoke smores? sick

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/28/20 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cochise

[Linked Image]

Leaf smoke smores? sick

Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/29/20 01:03 PM

You can see my windrow near my neighbors yard at the bottom of the photo.

[Linked Image]

Nice lawn
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/29/20 10:18 PM

I used to have to mow around 70+ post oak trees on my 36000 sq. ft. lawn of St. Augustine grass and get rid of the leaves every year. I waited till late January and then I would mulch the leaves till they virtually disappeared. Then I took my riding mower with a 3 bag system and sucked them all up and put behind my barn. By the time I had to do it the following year they had broke down to about 25% of what they were. I had a total of 5 acres and also had to get rid of all of the leave that collected around my shop. other barn and leaves that collected along all of the fence around the house.

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/29/20 10:49 PM

Similar here. Only mowing leaves anymore.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Autumn leaves - 10/30/20 04:52 PM

They all blow in my pool and the pool boy has to vacuum them out. clap

Re: Autumn leaves - 11/01/20 03:58 PM

Similar here. Only mowing leaves anymore.

I also turned off my sprinklers for the winter, to give my grass and bedding plants a chance to go to sleep for the winter.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Autumn leaves - 11/11/20 01:13 PM

The cedar elm trees on my lot seem to drop leaves all year long.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Autumn leaves - 11/11/20 08:40 PM

Mason County just declared a Burn Ban for the next 90 days; ain't gonna be no leaf burning this fall. . .
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Autumn leaves - 11/12/20 07:40 PM

Blow and mulch. I blow them into an area and then go over them with my riding mower with a mulching kit. Bagging is for the birds.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Autumn leaves - 11/12/20 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MS1454
Blow and mulch. I blow them into an area and then go over them with my riding mower with a mulching kit. Bagging is for the birds.

yep. agreed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum