Texas Hunting Forum

Outside Cat Enclosure

Posted By: FishHuntTx

Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 05:24 AM

First of all, this is how I feel about the project hammer

I got roped into helping someone out. So here's my big question:

How do I keep it from wobbling? It's going to be built on top of a slab that's outside on their patio. If I just frame in a cube it will wobble right?

It won't have a floor because it will sit on the concrete. So just imagine a 5 sided rectangle framed with wire mesh around it.

Should I use a miter saw to cut supports at a 45 degree angle? Any suggestions are welcomed.

PS
I freaking hate cats. Even more so now.
Posted By: Alta Loma

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: FishHuntTx

How do I keep it from wobbling? It's going to be built on top of a slab that's outside on their patio. If I just frame in a cube it will wobble right?

It won't have a floor because it will sit on the concrete. So just imagine a 5 sided rectangle framed with wire mesh around it.

Should I use a miter saw to cut supports at a 45 degree angle? Any suggestions are welcomed.

PS

You got roped into doing this? Nope, I hope she is good looking, we call that ***** whooped down south. Building an outdoor cat enclosure, I have heard it all, please attach pics when done. lol
Posted By: drew_14

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 09:00 AM

Total win Alta cheers
Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 03:03 PM

My wife "asked" ( wife ) me to get our barn cat a "home" once. I rolleyes and said OK. I was on the way to Tractor Supply when I happened upon a yard sale. Lo and behold there it was - a carpet covered 5-gallon bucket-looking thing. I snatched it up.

Mrs Orn was proud of me. The barn cat scratched the carpet off in two days and never used it. But bygawd I did my job!

grin
Posted By: FishHuntTx

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Alta Loma

PS

You got roped into doing this? Nope, I hope she is good looking, we call that ***** whooped

Definitely not the case. We are related.
Posted By: JESmith

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 07:10 PM

Put some small angle brackets on the bottoms of the four support posts. Screw them down to the slab with some concrete screws.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 07:11 PM

Cardboard box works great. Cat crawls into box and considers himself safe.
Posted By: Alta Loma

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/06/13 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Alta Loma

PS

You got roped into doing this? Nope, I hope she is good looking, we call that ***** whooped

Definitely not the case. We are related.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all. You are probably doing a good thing though, at the Lake cats and birds have made enemies, the cats kill the birds that people feed and watch and the people raise hell and threaten to kill the cats. I can see where an enclosure could make for good neighbor relations.
Posted By: Flying0324

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/11/13 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: aeb
Cardboard box works great. Cat crawls into box and considers himself safe.

Haha going to have to agree with this my cat love box
Posted By: wetduck

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/18/13 02:19 PM

5gal bucketvwith a tight fitting lid best enclosure for "outside"cats
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/19/13 11:45 PM

Pet Cemetery! Encloses 'em real good.... bolt
Posted By: smithwr

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/19/13 11:58 PM

conibear makes the finest outdoor cat enclosures ive ever seen
Posted By: BillD

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 08/22/13 10:16 PM

CAT TRACTOR !! Cant believe I didn't think of this sooner...(search for "chicken tractor" if you missed that thread
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 10/12/13 03:59 PM

Pet carrier wrapped with wall insu and then wrapped with tarp.
Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 10/12/13 04:21 PM

I recomend CCI CB-MINICAPS
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 10/12/13 08:52 PM

I made one for my wife one time with a big plastic tub. This was one of those Sterlite (sp?) tubs with the snap on lid from Wal-Mart. I cut a hole in the lid and laid the tub on it's side on a table on the patio. She had old towels in it for the cat to sleep on. The cat lived in that thing until the day it died.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Outside Cat Enclosure - 10/12/13 09:18 PM

Park your pickup in the back yard. Leave the windows rolled down. Problem solved!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum