Texas Hunting Forum

Built myself a shed

Posted By: SapperTitan

Built myself a shed - 12/15/12 11:59 PM

Decided I needed a shed for storage and what not, mainly I wanted my garage to be a garage again LOL. Here are some pics from throughout the building of the shed.

Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 12:05 AM

Damn I wish I could do that. Very nice and well done !
Posted By: DCS

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 12:23 AM

Looking good. up
Posted By: Payne

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 12:33 AM

Very nice job.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: DCS
Looking good. up
Posted By: Kev®

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 02:37 AM

Good job.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 10:30 PM

cheers

Attaboy - now I can find it again!

Something like that would work at the lease and if I made it 8ft wide I could set it on my utility trailer in a prefab condition. Window, a little insulation, porta potty, heater & bunks and you got a neat place to stay.

I'm guessing those studs are on 16" centers? ...or 24"?

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 11:18 PM

Studs are on 24" centers 8'x10' 36" door and I framed it for a window just gotta cut plywood and install window when I get it. Almost put a skylight in too.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/16/12 11:47 PM

Great job!!
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/17/12 02:54 PM

I was planning on building myself a storage shed at deer camp. How much did the materials approx run you? Also, does your shed appear to be rodent proof. I was thinking about putting wall and roof sheathing on to protect against rodents, but was wondering how tightly secured that T1-11 siding was against the studs?

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/17/12 04:11 PM

Everything cost me around 700 dollars give or take a few bucks and it seems to be very secure from rodents so far. If I close the door during the day it is ouch black inside so no cracks or holes for em to get in
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/17/12 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Everything cost me around 700 dollars give or take a few bucks and it seems to be very secure from rodents so far. If I close the door during the day it is ouch black inside so no cracks or holes for em to get in

Not bad at all. Im worried about it since I'll be storing corn and protein in it at the deer lease. Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/17/12 10:42 PM

how long did it take to build?

I bought one from lowes for 600 dollars, its a piece of crap and took 2 days to put together... never again.

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/17/12 11:13 PM

Took me about 4 days one just to paint it
Posted By: angler management

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/17/12 11:43 PM

Thats really sharp. Craftsmen are a rarity these days. I dont care how much it cost, it's better than the ones at home depot.
Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/18/12 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: angler management
Thats really sharp. Craftsmen are a rarity these days. I dont care how much it cost, it's better than the ones at home depot.

X2

Good job, Sapper!
Posted By: snoopy

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/19/12 02:21 AM

Built two 10x12s and a 12x16 over the years my-own-self. Would like to have another 12x16 out at my land but hauling the material out there would be a pain. Sure does give ya a wonderful sense of satisfaction, though.

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/19/12 03:35 AM

It sure feels nice looking out the back door and seeing my own hard work in the form of a shed. Everytime I go back to FL I drive by places I built and just enjoy looking at it thinking I built that.
Originally Posted By: snoopy
Built two 10x12s and a 12x16 over the years my-own-self. Would like to have another 12x16 out at my land but hauling the material out there would be a pain. Sure does give ya a wonderful sense of satisfaction, though.
Posted By: Lonestar1955

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/25/12 06:10 PM

you will regret your choice of flooring! but nice job.

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/25/12 07:57 PM

Why is that?
Originally Posted By: Lonestar1955

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/26/12 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Why is that?
Originally Posted By: Lonestar1955
+2 What's wrong with OSB if not exposed to weather?

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/26/12 01:45 AM

Its actually 3/4 in subfloor glued and screwed down. I dont think ill have to worry too much about moisture unless it comes from the bottom up.

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/26/12 06:18 PM

Unnecessary but I got some cheap 6x8 indoor/outdoor carpet and placed it on the floor of my shed. Nice to be able to pull it out and rinse off once in a while. Over time the floor will really get tracked up.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Built myself a shed - 12/27/12 09:28 AM

Good job!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum