Texas Hunting Forum

Am I the only one......

Posted By: teamone

Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:10 PM

We didn't see squat this last weekend after getting some good pics over the last month. We were chalking it up to warm windy conditions and bright moon putting them nocturnal, but I don't see anyone else on here mentioning anything like that and it looks like a good number of you had deer coming into feeders during the am and pm hunts. Anyone else at all experience the same as us? We're in Brown County near Cross Plains.

Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:15 PM

Same thing happened to us in Tyler County...near Woodville. Think the full moon had the most influence on them not being out in the day.

Posted By: DMan

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:16 PM

We had the same issue. Saw a couple deer but for the most part it was a wash.

Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

I hunt in Llano, I saw deer in both morning hunts early and they were gone by 7:30. In the evening hunts I didnt see anything until 5. The young bucks I saw were chasing does. Some of the young does came to the feeder but everything else stayed away.

Posted By: MELackey

They were all moving between 10AM and a little after noon. Not hitting the feeders, they were hitting the food plots.

Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:17 PM

Same as above. Ours sucked out in PP Co. Too bright, too hot, too many acorns.

Posted By: texfork

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:17 PM

I hunt in Cooke county and we have had deer everywhere and cameras full of pictures up to last week . I saw a buck on Saturday morning running through and 1 doe Sunday evening . No one else saw a thing . weird -disappointing but weird .

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:19 PM

my hunt was ok, saw 8-10 deer a sit and saw a few cull bucks but let them walk thinkin a gint was ganna step out

Posted By: BenBob

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:26 PM

Saw 5-10 does per sitting and 2-3 bucks. Saw one buck that was tempting, but we did not see the numbers that we usually see and for the most part the weekend was a wash, but that is not going to keep me from going again this next weekend. Green pastures, acorns dropping, moon conditions, and warm temperatures did not help.

Posted By: RCope

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 08:42 PM

I hunt in Reagan county and didn't see anything. Only one doe was taken out of 7 hunters on 1400 acres.

Posted By: Texas_Hunting_Best

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/10/09 09:11 PM

Full moon man, it never fails to really lower the number of deer you see. What i'll do sometimes on full moon weekends is spot hunt around noon. My first trip will be this weekend, it's shaping up to better than last with a quarter moon but still warm

Posted By: fordtough

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 12:04 AM

same issue here, except all the bigger bucks have been right at dark and middle of the night, only does, spikes, and young bucks in day time, it was a weird weathered weekend.. maybe this weekend will be nice since the moon will be gone.

Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 12:56 AM

Does hitting the feeder at daybreak and at dark. Too late for open sights. Extremely spooky. They are not hanging around long either. Too much other food around I guess. I'm hoping cooler weather will help. I went and sat in the stand this evening and saw 2 does peeking out from the brush but they decided not to join the party.

Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 01:02 AM

We saw very few deer Saturday. The full moon and hot temps is my guess. It was overcast Saturday night and the deer came out Sunday morning.

Posted By: rstewlandman

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:11 AM

i say it is the abunance of food, the moon didn't help, but i did a lot of walking on our place and there are literally tons of acorns on the ground, I saw one deer jump it to the pen with the feeder from sat to this morning and it was a spike that got like two bites of corn and left, i did see plenty of deer, just not for very long amounts of time

Posted By: TPACK

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:38 AM

My feeder is about 150 yards from a stock tank and 200 yards from where they bed. I saw about 10 different bucks this past weekend and about 6-8 does when feeder goes off. Half of the deer went to water.Probably will change when it cools off though.The younger the deer the more they would chase the does.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: poisonivie
They are not hanging around long either. Too much other food around I guess.

Our issue as well

Originally Posted By: PaulGrapevine
We saw very few deer Saturday. The full moon and hot temps is my guess. It was overcast Saturday night and the deer came out Sunday morning.

We had just the opposite, nothing sunday am

Posted By: Mr. 2 Million

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:46 AM

we were in mason county and saw lots of deer more bucks than does every time we were out , even during rain they were there

Posted By: ssgp2

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:04 PM

Saw a couple of very cornfused spikes and a few nary-a-care doe.

Posted By: Central Texas Hog Traps

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:09 PM

Gatesville sucked
saw 3 does sat afternoon

Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 02:12 PM

Ours wasn't too awful. We have seen more on our cameras than from the stands, though. Between 4 hunters we saw 11 bucks, only one was inside the ears, about a dozen does, and 6 spikes. We took one spike (mine) and two nice bucks. The spike and first buck were taken within 5 minutes of each other at about 7:30 Saturday morning and the other buck at 7:30 Sunday morning. We can't take does yet, or I would have put more meat in the freezer than just the spike.

Posted By: bigbuck1

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/11/09 07:56 PM

It was a little slow where we are( Baylor Co). I think the warm weather had a lot to do with it. I did shoot a hugh Boar Hog about 450 lbs,

Posted By: huntandfish

Re: Am I the only one...... - 11/12/09 03:22 PM

What deer?? I'm begining to believe the deer at my place packed up and left!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum