Texas Hunting Forum

You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up?

Posted By: MVP

You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 03:50 AM

U cover it with leaves, or do u walk far away from ur stand, or do u pee from ur stand?what about number 2!?!?

Posted By: RamItOne

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 03:53 AM

Gatorade bottle.....

Posted By: Drillbit

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:00 AM

Gatorade bottle

Posted By: Stax

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:01 AM

Yes and Yes

Posted By: abilene3006hh

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:04 AM

Gatorade bottle.....

Posted By: bigtuna

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:06 AM

or for you a glass coke bottle will suffice

Posted By: Hunts_With_Stick

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Stax08
Yes and Yes

Dude...you poop in a Gatorade bottle? Holy cow....

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:08 AM

I open the door, let her rip, then gently close the door.

most of the time the deer don't even look up

Posted By: Curly

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:17 AM

I pee out the door of my box blind all the time and have seen deer around it afterwards. I have read many articles and have seen myself that human pee has no effect on deer. It's naturally filtered amyway and the only part of you peeing that would effect a deer would be your movement, the odor is null.

Posted By: Earl

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:21 AM

While I agree (have peed out the door for years with no ill effects as far as I can tell) I don't know about the null odor in all cases. Let me grill you up a pound of asparagus! smile I do love asparagus...but...ewwwwww!!!

Earl

Originally Posted By: Curly
I pee out the door of my box blind all the time and have seen deer around it afterwards. I have read many articles and have seen myself that human pee has no effect on deer. It's naturally filtered amyway and the only part of you peeing that would effect a deer would be your movement, the odor is null.

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:26 AM

Let's not and say we did....until then if I gotta pee, I'll open up my blind door and pee.....and not worry about it. up

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:27 AM

I tell this story every time the post about where to pee comes up, but at our place, the deer see a fair amount of human presence. we are always out working, when we fill up our feeders we are usually drinkin beer, and we'll pee right under the feeders.

never had a problem getting mature bucks to eat at a feeder...do it enough and deer get used to it

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:30 AM

So drink more and pee more around where you hunt......deer get used to anything! up

Posted By: txgun44

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 05:22 AM

just don't drink pee and expect the deer to get used to that.

Posted By: dfwfirefighter

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 05:26 AM

have to use powerade bottle ,gatorade isnt quit big enough to fit in top..glad some of you didnt say coke bottle, that would be tough unless your 10.

Posted By: Dirtymike

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 06:01 AM

In a field and stream mag called cheap tricks or something like that they say to pee to make fake scrapes. Said save your money you spend on deer pee and always pee on or around a certain area. The deer want to pee on it too cause they want to be big dog in town. I dont know just what the mag says. I kayak fish alot and drink alot. I got my pee-en down. I can hold a beer can, pee in it while drinking the other beer. Its all about aim.

Ok Ok I am lying...... I use the pliers to push in the mouth of the beer can. It makes one become very very carefull about what they are doing. Sharp edges!!!! My blind is so rikety if you breath hard it will shake rattle and roll. So no getting up to pee. Even in the blind I pee in the can, or buddies borrowed camelback.

Posted By: B-swit

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 06:08 AM

gatorade bottle, beer bottle or water bottle. theres usually one near by.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 06:18 AM

yall dont need to worry about ur pee. ive read several articles in several dif magazines about how deer will be attracted ur urine. its like making ur own scrape. ive see deer cover up my scrapes that i made, so ima believer. no pissin in a bottle for me.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 06:19 AM

look, dirtymike has read one too.

Posted By: luv2brode

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 01:38 PM

bottle if its full, out the door

Posted By: BlackSnake

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 01:59 PM

I pee and spit snuff where I stand and I shoot everything Im lookin for. Doesnt seem to effect my hunting on deer or hogs.

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 02:03 PM

Gator Ade bottle....
If I HAVE to take a dump, I go back to camp where I can have a seat, if it's an "emergency", wherever I am at the moment I get my pants down.

Posted By: RamItOne

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Dirtymike
I got my pee-en down. I can hold a beer can, pee in it while drinking the other beer. Its all about aim.

I guess it's a real bitch mixing up yer beer cans.

Posted By: age n score

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 02:24 PM

flush I have a 5 gallon bucket in my blind for #2, and I pee out my door. It has never bothered the deer, but at times I can't stand being in my blind. Even when the bucket starts to echo the deer keep eating and never move. up

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Dirtymike
In a field and stream mag called cheap tricks or something like that they say to pee to make fake scrapes. Said save your money you spend on deer pee and always pee on or around a certain area. The deer want to pee on it too cause they want to be big dog in town. I dont know just what the mag says. I kayak fish alot and drink alot. I got my pee-en down. I can hold a beer can, pee in it while drinking the other beer. Its all about aim.

Ok Ok I am lying...... I use the pliers to push in the mouth of the beer can. It makes one become very very carefull about what they are doing. Sharp edges!!!! My blind is so rikety if you breath hard it will shake rattle and roll. So no getting up to pee. Even in the blind I pee in the can, or buddies borrowed camelback.

How do you keep from squeezing it too hard?? bolt

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 02:40 PM

A empty C'mere deer jug--- works a hell of alot better than the stuff that came in the jug to begin with

Posted By: Justin T

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 02:41 PM

I just piss out the back of the tripod, and hopefully miss the ladder. If I gotta drop a deuce, I will get down, dig a hole, and cover it up.

As far as it disturbing deer, one time, I took a massive dump just on the edge of an oat patch, that was maybe 3 acres. (The patch, not the dump) Didn't have a shovel to cover it up, so just kicked dirt over it. Climbed back on the mound of dirt I was hunting from and then saw TWENTY NINE BUCKS in that oat patch at the same time. Maybe it just happened once, but I really don't think it bothers them.

Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 03:14 PM

Water bottle and if its cold it will also work as a hand warmer

Posted By: Curtis

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 03:24 PM

Always go #2 before going out to stand. Or at least go the night before so I will not have to in the morning. As far as taking a piss, just go out the back window or the door.

Posted By: krs_2007

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 04:22 PM

Pee in a jug and dump it out the window before I leave, never had any problems, even dumped it one time while a doe was at the feeder, she just looked up and went back to eating.
As far as the #2, the bucket works great as long as you have a plastic grocery bag to line the bucket and then you tie it up and set it out of the blind, never had a problem with that either.

People would really be surprised as to what really doesnt bother the animals.

Good luck to all and may your bottles not run over this weekend but your coolers end up empty of beer and full of venison.

Posted By: NTX7MAG

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: RamItOne
Gatorade bottle.....

X3........If I got to go #2 I walk over to my buddies stand.

Posted By: gigglez2025

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 09:49 PM

I hunt out of a tripod, i dont even stand up.

Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/05/09 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
Always go #2 before going out to stand. Or at least go the night before so I will not have to in the morning. As far as taking a piss, just go out the back window or the door.

x2

I atleast try in the morning, otherwise its prairie dog time.

Posted By: Lawson King

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 01:15 AM

Last Year i was in the middle of peeing and a buck walked out about 10 yards away. So i dont think it has an effect.

Posted By: ffread

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 01:28 AM

this is actually a pretty funny topic

Posted By: jrab

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: ffread
this is actually a pretty funny topic

At least no one has posted this in the thread!

worthless

Posted By: WTGuide

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: age n score
flush I have a 5 gallon bucket in my blind for #2, and I pee out my door. It has never bothered the deer, but at times I can't stand being in my blind. Even when the bucket starts to echo the deer keep eating and never move. up

rofl U NASTY rofl

Posted By: rstewlandman

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 03:22 AM

I have seen on TV and read articles about freshing up a bucks scrape with piss, so if anything the pee may attract them....

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 03:36 AM

Have never worried about either 1 or 2. Have heard the same story from Larry Weishun about "freshening" a scrape with your own pee. I always pee into a container and then dump it out the window. One time I was in Ohio hunting from the ground. Was set up on the downside of a small hill overlooking a corn field. Felt the need to drop some squirrels in the pond (for you non rednecks that is takin a dump) so backed up to an old beech tree and let er fly. Not ten minutes after i got back to my ground blind i heard a noise behind me and there was an old doe sniffing my prize! Needless to say she got a load of my sabot slug. What was she thinking messin with my property!

Posted By: okietex

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 04:04 AM

just pee

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 04:07 AM

I used to pee in my stand....but as I got older....and my gut got bigger....the chore became more difficult....Once it was really cold and I grabbed my drawstring thinking ... well...you must know the rest.... scratch

Posted By: raiderJ

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 04:19 AM

Only time I pee in a bottle is when its too cold to hang it out of the blind

Re: You're in the stand and have to pee, where to do it, and do u cover it up? - 11/06/09 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: raiderJ
Only time I pee in a bottle is when its too cold to hang it out of the blind

Braggar..... cry

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum