Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.?

Posted By: TexasWITETALE

Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/15/09 09:54 PM

Anyone else hunting in Red River Co.?
This weekend will be the first weekend I'm actually going to be able to hunt and my camera has been broke. Just wanted to know what you guys have been seeing this year.

Posted By: hunter1313

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 03:11 AM

Good luck with all the water the hogs are on the loose. I had a few deer pics and now all I am seeing is hogs hogs hogs.

Posted By: easttexasbuck

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 03:23 AM

we have seen deer every mournin on our place outside of bogota. But damn there are hogs everywher, gonna have to breakout the ar-15

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 01:50 PM

I was afraid the hogs would be running like crazy with the river up to 27.5' feet. I'll let you guys know how we do.

BTW - we hunt outside of Bogota too. Maybe I'll see you at the 909 Diner sometime.....

Posted By: Rem270man

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 02:08 PM

I hunt just north of Bagwell. Had some decent bucks coming to my feeder a month ago. Then of course, someone wanted my new Cuddeback worse than I did. Sorry low-life scum. Anyways, I have yet to see a hog on my place. I find tracks all the time and the other guys on my lease have killed a couple. They just don't seem to be in my area. (I hunt on 800 acres)

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 02:36 PM

Redneck_Mesiah and I hunt out there too, we're east of Johntown, but now the bridges are out and have to come all the way around through cuthand and back west from there a few miles...

We ought to have our own little THF gettogether someday out there...

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 03:35 PM

if your talkin bout BA's they got bought out. its not behind the fire dept. anymore its up on 271. but yeah me and my dad eat there alot

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 03:40 PM

sig do yall hunt out off 1487? theres been some big deer seen out that way. I heard a guy that has a high fenced place outside of bogota somewhere his fence got knocked down and some huge bucks got out that he payed lots of money for.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 04:24 PM

BA's is the place I was referring to. It tokk us a month to find it the first year they moved and I still call it 909 out of habit.

I hunt right off of 1487 so I hope your telling the truth. If not, you just gave me enough reason to stay awake in the stand this year.

sleep

Posted By: B-the-Buck

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 04:33 PM

hunted there a few years back had some good deer on our place, i just never put any deer on the ground....but plenty of hogs and turkey..this is the best deer i got on camera..

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 04:43 PM

We're deeper than that, near 1412/1410 and the river

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 04:49 PM

I'd love to see a buck like that this evening. We have hunted on our place for 6 or 7 years and we have a had a few bucks like that show up on camera, at night and only once a year.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm about to shut down this computer and hit 30 EB. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post on Monday.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 05:05 PM

well good luck dont drown lol.

Posted By: bigmike_ml21

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 09:05 PM

BA's diner, gettin me hungry now. Good place to eat up

Posted By: Matt

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/16/09 09:26 PM

My place is in Halesboro. The county line is my west fence line. Like everyone else, pigs are going NUTS!!! I was out there last weekend, though, and jumped something with antlers. I couldn't see what it was through the brush, but I hope it meets the restrictions.

Posted By: DPD25

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/17/09 09:43 AM

We used to have a lease at Harts Bluff. Man, I sure do miss that place! Something about those woods!

Posted By: j3x

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/17/09 05:44 PM

I hunt near Kanawha far north west Red River county. Been seeing a few does nothin within bow range yet. Plenty of huge a$$ mosquitoes though!

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/18/09 02:56 AM

I hunt red river county right by dalby springs. My dad took a very nice 8 point this morning and a few minutes after taking the shot he had an even nice 10 point walk out. Ill be out there tomorrow to hunt for the first time this season. He said that the 8 point was actually chasing a doe. Seems kind of early but thats what he saw. Hopefully that big 10 walks back out tomorrow while Im sitting there. smile

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/18/09 07:20 PM

good to hear that we are all seein some deer around. i cant wait for gun season. rifle deer2

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 01:42 AM

I hunted today for about 4 hours but didnt see anything. Couldnt stay any longer as I have to take in a cow to process in the morning. Hope to get back out there this week though. Man, the sulphur river is flooded. Hevent seen it stay this high this long yet. Seems to be pushing all those deer and hogs out of the bottoms though so thats good.

Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 03:37 AM

I have 2 friends here at A&M from Bogota/Clarksville. They claim a 4 point is trophy in their neck of the woods. Guess they need to see the game photo here....

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 01:30 PM

Your friends are more about the norm than that monster is. There may be a few, but there ain't many that size. Most are small racked 6 and 8's.

Tell them I can hear the bells ring at Rivercrest High School from the deer stand (if the wind is out of the north-west

Posted By: cm250

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 03:18 PM

I hunt on the East end of RedRiver Co. up by English. Havn't see a hog where we hunt yet and have been hunting over there for about 10 years. Freind of mine hunts about 3-4 miles north of us on the Chappmen ranch and they have lots of hogs up there. Father in law shot a real nice 9 a few years ago and had it mounted. I've seen a couple nice ones, just either before season or didn't get a good shot opportunity. Lots of smaller racks and does around.

Posted By: tinkerbell

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 03:26 PM

Anyone seeing any bears?? I've seen pictures and heard of pictures and torn down feeders in areas around bagwell, negley, and acworth. Just wondering if anyone else had seen or heard anything??

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 03:49 PM

cm250 that chapman ranch is a nice place. ive done some hog huntin up there on the north end of the ranch with dogs a few years back. everytime we were out there we seen lots of deer and some nice bucks to.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 03:51 PM

sig we must hunt right next to each other. u know were moon ranch is, i hunt right by there

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 04:17 PM

No I don't guess, PM sent with specifics

Posted By: craige

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 09:52 PM

Sig.
Its not far from you. Where you hunt, just go back towards 271. When you get to there, its the road right across from you, go down 2 miles or so, thats where it starts. its got some good hunting on it as well.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 10:36 PM

craige you would not know good hunting if it was in your lap. Both spot yall are talking about are good.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 10:58 PM

The first pic is from 2006.I killed it about a half mile from the city limits of Bogata. The second is my sons from last year and the last on is the one I want to take with my bow. The last two are about 3 miles from town. There are some big in Red River County if you let the small ones go by.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/19/09 11:56 PM

those some good lookin deer. is the one on the game cam from around that area to

Posted By: craige

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/20/09 03:16 PM

Oh good lord, they will let anyone one here.
He killed those in a high fence, don't let him fool yall.

Re: Anyone hunting RedRiver Co.? - 10/20/09 06:41 PM

3 foot high fence in your back yard.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum