Texas Hunting Forum

Scouting cameras

Posted By: suburbanvet

Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 02:33 AM

Please give me your top 3 trail cameras under 200 dollars. The good and the bad for each.

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 02:52 AM

i cant give you three but i can give you one that i had terrible luck with and will never ever buy agian is............ Moultrie cams, the are slow, drain battery fast, take shots of nothing, and are total POS IMO. but to eachs own

Posted By: billy gordon

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 02:52 AM

cuddieback capture,moultrie,busnell scout

Posted By: preston629

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 03:33 AM

i have the moultrie ir 4.0 or whatever, costs like 219 but can be had for 199 on sale some places. and i love the cam, great pics....long batt life.....put it out in august and still have 80% batt life...great cam

Posted By: txhunter7

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 04:16 AM

i had a moultrie camera that i got for 140 and it sucked. i bought me a cuddeback capture this year and love it it was 200 and takes great pictures

Posted By: Shake1

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 03:44 PM

Here is the place to do your game cam research.
http://www.chasingame.com/

Myself, I have four Moutlries - 2 - I40s w/Moultrie "PowerPacks", and a couple of older Moultrie GameSpy cams as well.

Posted By: rater1979

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 07:55 PM

Got a Cuddeback that we have used for two seasons and it takes good pics, but having to send it back because the batteries arent making good contact. Just bought a Moultrie I60 (about $220) and the solar battery charger ($75) that plugs into the cam from Academy. The down side to the solar panel is that its harder to hide from thieves. Gonna see how this one holds up.

Posted By: MTA0019

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 08:00 PM

moultrie infrared 4.0 megapixel. i've never had a cuddeback so i can't compare those, but i have had a couple stealth cams and the moultrie blows it out of the water. good battery life, quality pictures, and easy to use. i read a lot about the cudde's and decided on the moultrie instead. i'm happy with it.

Posted By: DCS

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 08:10 PM

I am telling you from experience, you better think long and hard about getting a Moultrie Game Spy I40.

I have two and they are useless. Have sent them back four times in one year. Plus, their customer service is not as good as it was just a year ago.

As soon as I get a new replacement cam back, I am going to sell it new in the box.

Posted By: Bear Creek

Re: Scouting cameras - 10/03/09 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DCS
I am telling you from experience, you better think long and hard about getting a Moultrie Game Spy I40.

I have two and they are useless. Have sent them back four times in one year. Plus, their customer service is not as good as it was just a year ago.

As soon as I get a new replacement cam back, I am going to sell it new in the box.

X2

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum