Texas Hunting Forum

What do you bring when you go off to the woods

Posted By: lamaredskin

What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:46 AM

Hello THF first post. New member.

This is an easy post guys. just wondering what main things besides guns and ammo yall bring with yall including anything in the deer stand or the cabin or the rv or even just along in your truck EXAMPLE; jack incase of flat. though i could get ideas incase im missing anything

Posted By: passthru

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:51 AM

Scent eliminator spray, soap and water to wash down with. Sharp knives, ice chest, ice, G2 gator aide, meds for illness and allergies, TP, binocs, camera, extra clothes, work clothes for off stand time and fishing pole and tackle. My son if he can get away for a weekend.

Posted By: lubbockdave

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:55 AM

knife, water, pee bottle (don't confuse that with the gatoraide bottle!!) snack or two, flashlight and pink survery tape to marl the blood trail...and bino's. That's about it.

Dave

Posted By: CTK3

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:58 AM

Besides a rifle?

Binos, sharp knife, water, and my cell phone (turned off, of course)

I like to keep things light.

Posted By: Curly

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:58 AM

Rifle, knife, binocs, flashlight, TP and snuff

Posted By: tgravley

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 03:47 AM

rifle, ammo, light, book, fried pies,coffee,binoculars,TP

Posted By: B-swit

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 03:49 AM

rifle, back pack with all my junk(binos, scent killer, tp,im sure im fogetting something.) and a small cooler with a couple cold ones.

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 03:52 AM

TP and gun/bow

Posted By: ccbaseball

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 03:55 AM

gun/ammo, backpack w/: knife, binocs, flashlight, water, deer call, scent, healthy snack, CELL PHONE
Leave in truck just in case: towel for rain, batteries, bunge cords, spotlight

Posted By: james77351

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 03:57 AM

lots and lots of TP

Posted By: CTK3

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: james77351
lots and lots of TP

Uhh, honestly.....is lots and lots of TP really a must? I go once in the morning and that's pretty much it for the day.

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 04:10 AM

what about stuff you make sure you pack in truck or camper either for after the shot or anything special?

Posted By: rifleman

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 04:14 AM

depends.... this year I will be taking my laptop w/ me ALOT. As close to the house as we hunt, sometimes I may only take bottle of water and a new can of snuff. Then again, sometimes we just hang out in the barn, drink beer and keep a lookout for deer. It's some tough hunting, but somebody has to do it. Never know, but usually the most important thing is to have a whole lot of batteries incase the cameras are dead, corn and a good spotlight.

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 04:54 AM

saw your earlier post i am in sabine county what part of east texas are you

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 04:58 AM

Angelina, Tyler, S.A., Nac.... occassionally Polk..but not so much the last cpl of years. Will probably be hunting a little in Sabine Co next season, but will have to see what will happen with some land.

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 05:07 AM

ya im at the buckdaddys club in bronson thats all over craigslist haha

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 05:09 AM

there's been some talk about that on here...any good, or undecided? One of our main places is between Broaddus and Pineland and there seems to be some good deer in the area.

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 05:14 AM

just got on it about a month ago but doin traveling for work put a camera up and family member checked it for me but issues with camera but the pictures we did get i have atleast 7 hogs in the picture which i like only had one doe but like i said camera issue. going up this weekend for bow season and maybe hog ill let ya know. manager of lease is really cool. nice guy to say the least

Posted By: ArkansasTraveler

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 05:19 AM

i bring a back pack with a flashlight, sharp knife, reflective trail tacks, gatorade, snuff, usually some type of grub, bullets, thermacell, gloves, scent, sometime rattlin horns, pen

Posted By: twinbubba

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 12:02 PM

I keep a bag in the truck/UTV that has my buck knife, gut hook, latex gloves, rope incase I have to drag a deer/hog out of the woods or hang the animal to field dress it, pen to fill out deer tag and bread sack type ties to attach the tag to a deer.

TB

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: CTK3
Originally Posted By: james77351
lots and lots of TP

Uhh, honestly.....is lots and lots of TP really a must? I go once in the morning and that's pretty much it for the day.

Absolutely!! You've obviously never experienced the horror that goes along with an unexpected violent bowel movement in the woods.....

Posted By: kilt it

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 02:37 PM

Thats why wear two pairs of socks.

HAPPY HUNTING

Posted By: Justin T

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 03:06 PM

To my tripod: Gun, bullets, facemask, light gloves, heavy mittens, flashlight, phone, binos, knife, TP, hand shovel, varmint call, grunt call, VIDEO CAMERA, apple, something to drink, walkie talkie, license.

Posted By: TxCase73

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 10:13 PM

rifle, backpack, bullets, flash light, snuff, beer/water, binocs or spotting scope, T.P., GRUNT CALL, BLEAT CAN, rattle bag, scent eliminator, coon urine masking scent, ear plugs, snacks.

It's easier to have it with you than to wish you had brought it.

I never go afield without calls and cover scents...especially the grunt tube.

Posted By: txhunter77

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 10:34 PM

Weapon, knife, snacks, and most importantly TP!

Posted By: Stick-n-String

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 09/30/09 11:22 PM

Usually Backback with bottle of water, poptart, sunflower seeds, grunt call, knives, hunting license, bino's, rangefinder, couple of old arrows to shoot coons and hogs with, safety belt if in treestand, scentaway spray, TP, rope, pen

Posted By: MELackey

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 10/01/09 04:15 AM

walkman, binoculars, range finder, knife, flashlight, TP, insulated bag with 2 Diet Cokes and 2 little debbies, cell phone, camera. -

Posted By: Gus McRae

Re: What do you bring when you go off to the woods - 10/01/09 03:43 PM

To the stand:

Backpack filled with flagging tape, knives, GPS, jerky, granola bar, matches, batteries, extra clothing, scent spray, binos, rangefinder, extra bullets, duct tape, flashlight, head lamp

To the lease:

Ice chest, ice, food, beer, bow/rifle

At my truck in toolbox:

Rope, duct tape, garbage bags, bungees, lantern, ziplocs, fix-a-flat, tools

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum