Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas

Posted By: bonecollector

Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 12:45 AM

Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - New Park Regulation

Amistad NRA, Del Rio, Texas — New 2009-2010 Hunting Regulations have been posted. New Regulation [36CFR 1.6(g)(2)] The possession or use of crossbows is prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas, except by those hunters with an upper-limb disability as defined by Texas Parks and Wildlife Regulations (new park regulation). Authorized (upper-limb disability) crossbow hunters in the hunt areas may not walk or move from a stationary position with the bolt loaded in the crossbow (new park regulation).

The new crossbow regulation is a surprise to some and a relief to most traditional and hardcore bowhunters as Texas legislators signed House Bill 963 into law May 23, 2009, allowing crossbows during the archery season in Texas. Since the Park is falls under federal jurisdiction park regulation supersede Texas Parks and Wildlife Regulations.
For more information on this and more go to: http://www.amistadbowhunter.com

Posted By: bonecollector

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 12:52 AM

Yea ,its true no crossbows in Amistad NRA. This is best bowhunting in Texas and with the new regulationin place it will stay bowhunting country. For all the bowhunter in Texas, compound ,longbow and traditional bows here is the place to hunt, extreme bowhunting at its finest.

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 01:31 AM

Why is it that groups can get together and change state laws making them not apply to us at their whim, like outlawing what was just passed into law?

Kind of like if you don't like that the state put a 14" limit on bass on the lake a group comes along and says you can't keep anything unless it's 26" long!

Why have statewide laws if this is allowed to happen?

If it's that easy at setting a president, maybe if enough Peta people see this they'll get together stop bowhunting all together out there!

Just my observation, and I don't really care, by doing that it's just opening the doors for other groups to see and it just adds to the apathy as to why this stuff happens.

Don't come running to the state when it happens, as you've lost a lot of support from fellow hunters by shutting them out!

Posted By: passthru

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 01:39 AM

Well it doesn't help me but I think it's fairly hilarious.

Posted By: hoyt1991

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Why is it that groups can get together and change state laws making them not apply to us at their whim, like outlawing what was just passed into law?

Kind of like if you don't like that the state put a 14" limit on bass on the lake a group comes along and says you can't keep anything unless it's 26" long!

Why have statewide laws if this is allowed to happen?

If it's that easy at setting a president, maybe if enough Peta people see this they'll get together stop bowhunting all together out there!

Just my observation, and I don't really care, by doing that it's just opening the doors for other groups to see and it just adds to the apathy as to why this stuff happens.

Don't come running to the state when it happens!

X2

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 01:42 AM

Jimbo you hit the nail on the head

crossbows are legal on private property in every county in Texas except Grayson county during the regular archery season.

"its to protect the deer herd which isnt big enough for other methods of taking game." Is what all the bowhunters are screaming and having hissy fits.

But since Grayson Counties deer herd is so fragile they raised it from a 1 buck county to a 2 buck county......HMMMMMMM think there is any special interest involved in that decision?????

We need to help further our sport by getting more people interested dispite the method...Not excluding them because they dont like our particular means of hunting.

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 01:53 AM

I've bowhunted for years and only in recent years picked up a crossbow because of shoulder problems.

I don't care what method you use, and it's this elietest attitude that still prevails, and when it comes down to it they are selfish and wanting to keep it for themselves.

The less people the better they like it, but they don't mind publicizing their pictures and bragging about how great they are.

Get over it an archer who hunts with a compound is not any better than a guy with a crossbow.

Pick up a longbow and I'll be impressed!

Posted By: swampthang

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 02:49 AM

My cinnamons exactly! grin

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Crossbows are prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas - 08/24/09 02:57 PM

well said Jimbo

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum