Texas Hunting Forum

No bucks yet but got some meat

Posted By: kmon11

No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/27/23 11:38 PM

Got a Mississippi doe with the Grendel using 129gr Nosler LRAB. Wasn't long range though about 70 yard double lung shot, she ran perhaps 30 yards. No bullet recovery pass through small entrance wound and about 3/4 inch exit. Lungs were not recognizable and poured out when field dressing. bullet size hole in entrance rib and about 3/4 inch of rib gone on exit side. Quartering towards me shot the pic shows the exit, entrance was barely behind the leg. Overall another example of the little Grendel doing what it does well, cleanly taking game.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jskin

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/27/23 11:52 PM

That’s a great round!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/28/23 12:06 AM

Dang good eatin' right there!
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/28/23 12:14 AM

I'd rather have a tasty doe than a tough old buck with big antlers. Well done. Meat is where it is at. Antlers just end up gathering dust in the end.

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/28/23 01:03 AM

Agree this looked to be a 4 year old doe with lots of fat so she should be very good eating. Surprised at the amount of fat in her with the drought this year, but along the creed there is a great acorn crop
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/28/23 01:29 PM

Exactly what I'm looking for when its freezer filling time... Nice lookin rifle
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/30/23 12:27 AM

Congrats got one myself, looking for one more to accompany her in the freezer then I’ll see if a nice buck shows up.

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/30/23 12:48 AM

Looking for more meat tomorrow, be nice to get the buck I saw walking out to the truck after killing that doe in the morning, but another big fat doe would make me happy.

I would be happier yet if the Wife can get a good buck. Have a spot on the wall for her a good one when she gets it.

Re: No bucks yet but got some meat - 11/30/23 12:49 AM

Congrats on your doe. Looking for more meat tomorrow, be nice to get the buck I saw walking out to the truck after killing that doe, but another big fat doe would make me happy.

I would be happier yet if the Wife can get a good buck. Have a spot on the wall for her a good one when she gets it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum