Texas Hunting Forum

Bubba

Posted By: Bowhunter 64

Bubba - 08/26/23 02:21 AM

. I have several bucks that I put feed out in my backyard for probably about 10 or 12 . One in particular we call Bubba . He is older than the rest by a couple years. I am guessing he is 4 this year since we have been watching him for the 3rd year. What I found amusing about watching him is how much more he labors in his breathing compared to the younger bucks, due to the heat. I now understand more why it’s so much harder for bucks to mature into 6 year old deer. Much less being shot pre mature.

Attached picture IMG_4952.png
Attached picture IMG_4961.jpeg
Posted By: PMK

Re: Bubba - 08/26/23 11:26 AM

up
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Bubba - 08/26/23 12:26 PM

What did he look like the first year you watched him? Because, to me, he looks over 4 years old.

Re: Bubba - 08/26/23 01:43 PM

Yes hey looks older , but most bucks here look that way . All the food they want with no hunting pressure . He took a massive growing leap on his horns this year . The avarage hunter would not of even gave him the time of day last year as a 3 year old . He has bulked up in his body huge this year and antlers as well . Still his genetics for horns are only fair at best . I have 2 bucks that are a year younger that come in late , that I have not managed to get pictures of . That dwarf him . Maybe with horns that big they just know. Bubba is like a big pet. Follows me around like a puppy till I feed him.

Re: Bubba - 08/26/23 02:33 PM

Last years picture. This was last year almost the same time at the end of august. Not much more growth by November. He has had lots of protein this year. His breathing in the heat was not near as labored last year .

Attached picture IMG_4970.png
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Bubba - 08/27/23 04:48 PM

he looks to be 4.5. Look at his back. There is a sway in it. I have one like that on my place. He comes into my yard and eats every morning.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum