Texas Hunting Forum

North West Texas Processor OPEN?

Posted By: Earl

North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 09:31 PM

I’ve hunted Young and Jack counties for 13 years. First time I have had this problem. Clear Fork in Graham, J and J as well as All Star in Graford, and Bridgeport are all full. Closed to any deer being dropped off for processing. Windthorst is closed permanently. Where else in a safe driving distance is open? Anywhere?

Im in the blind now but going home after my evening hunt until processors catch up. Never had to do that before. I know, it’s time to learn to do it myself.

Thanks. Earl
Posted By: chalet

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 09:43 PM

Hunters Choice in Sanger is good, I've used been using them some the last few years and just dropped a deer and pig off Sunday. Not too far out of the way if you're driving Graham back to Plano.
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 09:53 PM

Whitakers in Iowa Park and I've heard Hooves and Horns that just opened a few miles away on 287 is good as well
Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 09:59 PM

Donald Browning has a processing facility in Jacksboro. Not sure if it's full or not. I know they had quite a bit a week or so ago.

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 10:02 PM

Thanks will check them out. Especially the one in jacksboro I was not aware there was a processor there.
Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Earl
Thanks will check them out. Especially the one in jacksboro I was not aware there was a processor there.

Yes sir, it's out on Highway 4. They do taxidermy work as well. Top notch folks.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 10:08 PM

All the processors in Callahan Co looked pretty busy, but they are getting animals out quick. Mine was done in around 7 days. Gonna be a big harvest this year.
Posted By: jrfan

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/23/20 11:07 PM

Escalon’s in Throckmorton does a good job.

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 11/24/20 03:11 AM

I just came home, will give it a go again weekend after Thanksgiving. I got one buck already so it's not like the freezer will be empty. Shot him the 2nd weekend. I knew it was an unusual year when I dropped him off in the overnight cooler and had to place him literally on a pile of deer - normally there would have only been a handful at most.
Posted By: memarkers

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 01/13/21 06:37 PM

Hooves and Horns in Iowa park was just shut down by game wardens. Over 80 whole carcasses were sent to the landfill. Charges coming. Go to TPWD Facebook page and read about it.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 01/13/21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by memarkers
Hooves and Horns in Iowa park was just shut down by game wardens. Over 80 whole carcasses were sent to the landfill. Charges coming. Go to TPWD Facebook page and read about it.

I just saw that article, some freaking people.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 01/13/21 09:01 PM

Archer City has a processor on no. end of town. Under new management now so don't know a thing about them.
Posted By: fonzie

Re: North West Texas Processor OPEN? - 01/13/21 11:10 PM

I dropped one off at old plantation in springtown got it back in a week
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum